Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Novaspectra posted:

It ends up pushing people into a corner, isolating them and strengthening their resolve. They will then seek solidarity with people who hold similar views, and this causes further problems for trans people.

Many parts of this are plain wrong. That is a choice, not a natural consequence. Being told "wow your views actually align with Nazis" and deciding to leave here for Stormfront is not on us! There are actually lots of educational and instructive resources out there to turn to before seeking solidarity with outspoken bigots, and as strangers in a shared public space we don't have any obligation beyond telling people when their behavior is unacceptable.

oh I don't like sniping a new page, let's all enjoy the trains again

Cutedge posted:

Apparently a new Star Citizen patch is going live tomorrow and one of the known issues is that it breaks Trams. They're pushing it live anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzU3QWWHImI

:rubby:

Manky fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Mar 10, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

on the one hand, trans people are, quite literally, being aggressively legislated out of existence right now to the point that politicians are trying to make it an actual crime to even talk about them and politicians are, once again quite literally, using language calling for their extermination, a playbook that has already been run and ends in, again, literally, massive death camps where people are put to death at an industrial scale and there is, quite literally, a poem about this

the process literally begins with, literally, persecuting the sex weirdos because they're the easiest group to go after because no one likes them, and moving on from there, this is documented

part of the reason we know relatively little about trans people is when this happened before, which it did, the people who literally did this before methodically eradicated any mention of them, any texts mentioning them, and their entire history, a damnatio memoraie.

on the other hand, making fun of terfs makes them feel bad and oh no they might not like us

clearly both sides are equally bad here and really if you think about it we are the bad guys

what to do

shut the gently caress up

if you can't stand by trans people when they're cranky about being othered you definitely aren't going to stand by them when the death squads come which is, again, the explicit goal, because they are openly saying that, right now, and also that is the explicit goal, because, again, they have run this playbook before, you incredibly stupid bag of rotten walnuts

actually no i'm not done you brought this back up you bag of brown mushy pears

this is buying into the framing beloved by the 4chan/proud boy set where we, the people who advocate for a slightly less cruel world, by doing so, pushed them into nazism, the absurdly stupid idea that by saying "please do not use slurs" and saying "actually could there maybe be a black person in a video game" or maybe there could, quite possibly, be a more ethical world, in so doing, we have *forced* them into Nazism, as if they had no choice, and if you actually think that, you are so incredibly stupid...oops, i just made you a Nazi

fortunately, i know exactly what should happen to nazis, which is to say, please follow your beloved leader. oh, did i hurt your feelings and convert you to nazisim? no, that's stupid? oh, exactly.

framing trans people as men in dresses waiting to sneak into the ladies room to get their rape on is so offensive i can't believe people actually think it's a legitimate argument. what's hilarious is that men actually think it's a good argument too! how on earth are men comfortable with "oh yeah actually i just can't wait to rape women, that's all i do, sit around all day thinking about rape, i am several sex crimes waiting to happen", like, what the gently caress does that say about you? and framing that as DEFENSIBLE? lmao. "well y'see, sure you can, like, be alive, but letting you use the bathroom? mmm, i dunno about that, i mean...i'd be PRETTY uncomfortable."

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Mar 10, 2023

Mellow_
Sep 13, 2010

:frog:

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

on the one hand, trans people are, quite literally, being aggressively legislated out of existence right now to the point that politicians are trying to make it an actual crime to even talk about them and politicians are, once again quite literally, using language calling for their extermination, a playbook that has already been run and ends in, again, literally, massive death camps where people are put to death at an industrial scale and there is, quite literally, a poem about this

the process literally begins with, literally, persecuting the sex weirdos because they're the easiest group to go after because no one likes them, and moving on from there, this is documented

part of the reason we know relatively little about trans people is when this happened before, which it did, the people who literally did this before methodically eradicated any mention of them, any texts mentioning them, and their entire history, a damnatio memoraie.

on the other hand, making fun of terfs makes them feel bad and oh no they might not like us

clearly both sides are equally bad here and really if you think about it we are the bad guys

what to do

if you can't stand by trans people when they're cranky about being othered you definitely aren't going to stand by them when the death squads come which is, again, the explicit goal, because they are openly saying that, right now, and also that is the explicit goal, because, again, they have run this playbook before, you incredibly stupid bag of rotten walnuts

this is buying into the framing beloved by the 4chan/proud boy set where we, the people who advocate for a slightly less cruel world, by doing so, pushed them into nazism, the absurdly stupid idea that by saying "please do not use slurs" and saying "actually could there maybe be a black person in a video game" or maybe there could, quite possibly, be a more ethical world, in so doing, we have *forced* them into Nazism, as if they had no choice, and if you actually think that, you are so incredibly stupid...oops, i just made you a Nazi

fortunately, i know exactly what should happen to nazis, which is to say, please follow your beloved leader. oh, did i hurt your feelings and convert you to nazisim? no, that's stupid? oh, exactly.

Listen just because elected officials are outright calling for the extermination of a group of people doesn't mean *fart*

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010

Pixelate posted:

In SC news, they're adding bugs as a feature...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5nzNXY8dlg&t=341s

(And content deprivation is doing odd things to the marketing team...)

At around 6:50, super fidelitious physics

Like, out of a Road Runner cartoon

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

what to do

Sir, this is a ... hmmm... errrr... what are the hot dog stands in Star Citizen called again? Space Wendy's?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

AndreTheGiantBoned posted:

At around 6:50, super fidelitious physics

Like, out of a Road Runner cartoon

Are you doubting Aristotle?!

If you are not a philosopher wandering the agora, you have no place critiquing the thinking of such an illustrious man. :colbert:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Never seen a doctor get that apoplectic before, but it seems justified.

Novaspectra
Jan 20, 2020

Manky posted:

Many parts of this are plain wrong. That is a choice, not a natural consequence. Being told "wow your views actually align with Nazis" and deciding to leave here for Stormfront is not on us! There are actually lots of educational and instructive resources out there to turn to before seeking solidarity with outspoken bigots, and as strangers in a shared public space we don't have any obligation beyond telling people when their behavior is unacceptable.

oh I don't like sniping a new page, let's all enjoy the trains again

I agree it is not our obligation, absolutely. But whether something is a choice or a natural reaction, if we at least have an opportunity to point someone in the right direction before they run off and join Stormfront, then I think that's the better outcome. I'm not saying that right here on the forum is the place to do it - but in the bigger picture I think its worth noting that some people's minds are easily changed with just simple calm conversation. Of course there are people out there who are beyond redemption and are not worth anyones time, but that's not really who I'm referring to.

But either way, yes back to the trains.

Novaspectra fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Mar 10, 2023

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Popete posted:

If he's not the Lead Economy Designer and his only role is ideas guy who generates sales by selling dreams.txt then he's doing a pretty poor job cause nobody has seen him in years. Not saying you're wrong but the amount of people who just seem to be hanging out at CIG collecting a pay check is high. You could argue that's really the entire company but I think they make the new people actually do busy work.

Yeah he is the live universe head or some other made up title. Basically he sits on some beach near LA and smokes weed until it’s time for CIG to wheel him out to ramble on about some more dreams.txt sim mechanics that will never be in the game.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Novaspectra posted:

I agree it is not our obligation, absolutely. But whether something is a choice or a natural reaction, if we at least have an opportunity to point someone in the right direction before they run off and join Stormfront, then I think that's the better outcome. I'm not saying that right here on the forum is the place to do it - but in the bigger picture I think its worth noting that some people's minds are easily changed with just simple calm conversation. Of course there are people out there who are beyond redemption and are not worth anyones time, but that's not really who I'm referring to.

But either way, yes back to the trains.

This isn't really the place to have that discussion and also it's fine and normal for people to have a strong reaction to bigoted language. We have trans people in this thread and I'm pretty sure the OP new that when they made their statement. If you say something bigoted in public don't be surprised when you get called out for it and not everyone is willing to sit down and discuss it with you.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Reddit is in an uproar, the sexy cocaine bear blue balls are reaching critical levels.

But my question is why does anyone even care. They’ve sat through years of nothing, what’s a few more days for a patch that barely adds anything to the game?

Novaspectra
Jan 20, 2020

Popete posted:

This isn't really the place to have that discussion and also it's fine and normal for people to have a strong reaction to bigoted language. We have trans people in this thread and I'm pretty sure the OP new that when they made their statement. If you say something bigoted in public don't be surprised when you get called out for it and not everyone is willing to sit down and discuss it with you.

Understood, and agree. Let's move on.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

colonelwest posted:

Reddit is in an uproar, the sexy cocaine bear blue balls are reaching critical levels.

But my question is why does anyone even care. They’ve sat through years of nothing, what’s a few more days for a patch that barely adds anything to the game?

I noticed Spectrum has been up and down today and loading slowly, I assume this is tied into their deployment of 3.18 somehow. Why the games forums would take a hit when deploying a game update? Who knows, it's CIG.

Mellow_
Sep 13, 2010

:frog:

colonelwest posted:

The faithful can point to another patch being released and shout "SEE! PROGRESS!!!". Even if the progress is minimal.

Aqua Seafoam Shame
Aug 20, 2018

by astral
I enjoy the moments when the devoted actually get pissed at something for a few days, then flog themselves afterwards for their moment of doubt. It always follows that exact up and down (or down and up) trajectory.

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

Aqua Seafoam Shame posted:

I enjoy the moments when the devoted actually get pissed at something for a few days, then flog themselves afterwards for their moment of doubt. It always follows that exact up and down (or down and up) trajectory.

I like when they circle back around to the hilarious conclusion that the lack of significant progress is fine, because there hasn't been any significant progress for years and only fools and haters would be bitching about it now. In fact, the lack of visible progress is solid proof that CIG is nearly finished and simply polishing all the content they've made that they haven't let anyone see!

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!
It’s all in the secret dev build

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

New patch looking good…

They probably didn’t rip all of the cooper pipes out of their walls.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Releasing this at 5:00PM on a Friday lol

Aqua Seafoam Shame
Aug 20, 2018

by astral

Popete posted:

It's like when companies dump their financials on a Friday aft after that quarter where the CFO cooked the books and spent all the company money on blow and prostitutes. Have a nice weekend!!

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
sound
https://i.imgur.com/3vMhKp3.mp4

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

colonelwest posted:

:gary:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

I still maintain the best things to come out of this entire shitshow of JPEG spaceships are 4thstimpire.txt, pgabz videos and all the good memes that were made like, 7-8 years ago.

Also Derek Smart getting permabanned because he couldn't deny his scorched earth, take no prisoners nature.

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer
Some believe Derek Smart still posts here even now, under an alias, ready to reveal himself in the final days and usher us through the gates of heaven when all of the deceased backers return to the world of the living and Star Citizen is fully released.

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep

AndreTheGiantBoned posted:

Sir, this is a ... hmmm... errrr... what are the hot dog stands in Star Citizen called again? Space Wendy's?

just Hot Dogs, with the motto "Better Than They Look"

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Popete posted:

Yeah they dropped a horribly broken patch that was supposed to be released last year, right before loving off for the weekend, and leaving the game virtually unplayable. Never change CIG.

Somehow though it will still be a record funding month. Idk anymore, I guess I should start drawing up a will that designates one of my descendants to post here in 2085 when SC enters Beta.

colonelwest fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Mar 11, 2023

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
please sir may i have some more star citizer

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
No, the bear requires more vitamins first.

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

How can we lose so much more than we had before

Apparently this morning their devs “made some adjustments” and then they declared it fixed and hosed off for the weekend. Their player base is now split between “wtf where are devs” and “guys there is no way to find issues on a test server, this had to happen. Just plan to play in a week and buy another ship to support this indie developer.”

:perfect:

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
Commando, skipping work for Star Citizen?

You didn't just drink the coolaid, you gorged yourself on CIG bullshit for a drat loooooong time.

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

The Super-Id posted:

Some believe Derek Smart still posts here even now, under an alias, ready to reveal himself in the final days and usher us through the gates of heaven when all of the deceased backers return to the world of the living and Star Citizen is fully released.

Yeah, like Derek Smart can ever not announce his presence, loudly and constantly.

TasogareNoKagi
Jul 11, 2013

We noticed you've watched several videos about the space not-game KSP2, would you be interested in another space not-game?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Let's take a moment to recognize how dumb the name "Pledge Store" for an 11 year old alpha is.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Trilobite posted:

Yeah, like Derek Smart can ever not announce his presence, loudly and constantly.
Seems like something Derek Smart would post :tinfoil:

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Just sticking my head in again to say that this is a thread about a spaceship game, in a forum about videogames. And no, we don't have to engage with transphobia in order to find out why people feel that way and maybe persuade them back to the light. We can just tell people to gently caress off with that poo poo and never bring it back here again. That is the official mod position. It is not going to be debated. Go make a thread in SAD about how I'm being overly aggressive if you like.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

The Super-Id posted:

last i saw he was too busy being an elon reply guy

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
It really takes a lot of contempt for your users to do release management like this.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Popete posted:

Let's take a moment to recognize how dumb the name "Pledge Store" for an 11 year old alpha is.

Let's also take a moment to remember that “pledge” is in almost every way the exact opposite to what you do in a “store”.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Trilobite posted:

The Warlord's presence cannot be mistaken as it is always announced in flames.