Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

morestuff posted:

He’s got that dog in him, specifically my neighbor’s dog that never shuts the gently caress up barking at everything

Goodness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
Kyrie just…. Lol

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I think If we’re excluding Jason Whitlock as an option,kyrie irving might be the last person in the world I want to hear a ja morant take from lol

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Kyrie: woah just because I'm an NBA athlete I am under different rules
Agent: *choking on sage* according to this....Collective Bargaining Agreement...you are *cough*

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Bismack Billabongo posted:

I think If we’re excluding Jason Whitlock as an option,kyrie irving might be the last person in the world I want to hear a ja morant take from lol

Aw, thanks buddy.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Paracaidas posted:

As more has come out about DLo's final months and his on/off court interactions with Rudy, a lot of the prolonged adjustment period began making more sense. Given KAT's injury, the rotation turnover, and the (expected) deliberate development of Moore and Minott, I'm pretty content with this season. Last year proving that KAT/Ant/Jaden is a playoff caliber core and this year establishing the same for Rudy/Ant/Jaden should make the Wolves challenging to counter moving forward in a way that was never true of the KAT Wolves or Rudy Jazz.

DLo was super important last season, moreso than Jaden, but yeah Ant/Rudy/Jaden + our actually decentish rotation guys is good enough to be in the mix.

I also think the NBA in general is better this season than last season, but it's a zero-sum game so its not like everyone can get better records. I think if we had the exact same team as last year we'd have a record more like the Trail Blazers.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/crawf34/status/1634230485340811264

feller
Jul 5, 2006

holy poo poo he's killin it

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Veryslightlymad posted:

One thing led to another and now I can't get the image of KG screaming "Anything is posssssible.... At zombocom!" Out of my head.

lmao

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Managing to get 9 assists is really what I'm impressed by, in both the real chinese and fantastical baby scenario

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
It's basically everything Dwight always wanted and it's kinda sweet that he gets to live out his make-a-wish in Taiwan like this.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Man I don't care who you're playing against, that is absolutely ridiculous. Good for him.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
How we got the worst trade in nba history and the best trade in cavs history

https://twitter.com/Ballislife/status/1633822444359131136

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Literally Wilt poo poo happening in Taiwan

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
get that poo poo dwight

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
He has respect for the game and didn't hunt the triple-double unlike SOME "centers."

thumper57
Feb 26, 2004

Isn't the Kyrie smudging thing cause he's got Lakota heritage and not a new age crystals guy activity?

(e: I mean I guess I could have just googled this, but my point being of all the things to bust on the guy for this maybe isn't a fair one)

thumper57 fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Mar 10, 2023

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Lockback posted:

DLo was super important last season, moreso than Jaden, but yeah Ant/Rudy/Jaden + our actually decentish rotation guys is good enough to be in the mix.
DLo was crucial last year, especially in some games (Philly)... but I saw enough to be confident that those 2 + KAT is a playin/off team with any decentish supporting cast. I hope KAT's back in time for the playoffs, if only to get at least a few games of preview for how teams'll try to exploit the dual big setup.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

thumper57 posted:

Isn't the Kyrie smudging thing cause he's got Lakota heritage and not a new age crystals guy activity?

(e: I mean I guess I could have just googled this, but my point being of all the things to bust on the guy for this maybe isn't a fair one)

I don't think its clowning on him for burning sage, just his hole schtick. Sitting on a vlbog burning sage saying your being treated differently by being called out for videoing yourself with a gun in a strip club is, on the whole, pretty corny.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Kyrie is extremely sincere and po-mo doomers hate that above all else.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

temple posted:

Kyrie is extremely sincere and po-mo doomers hate that above all else.

He’s also pretty dumb, like extremely so

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Space Camp fuckup posted:

Man I don't care who you're playing against, that is absolutely ridiculous. Good for him.

The real statline wasn't quite as good: https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2023/02/19/dwight-howards-alleged-84-point-game-in-taiwan-goes-viral-is-it-legit/

quote:

Howard made his debut with the Taoyuan Leopards in November and scored 38 points with 25 rebounds, nine assists and four blocks in a 120–115 win.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

ouch

quote:

However, since then it’s been pretty much all downhill. The Leopards lost their next 10 games after Howard’s debut, although they did recently win back-to-back games to push their record to 3–11 on the season.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
https://twitter.com/YESNetwork/status/1634038941316964352?s=20

im sorry brooklyn's bench had how many points?!

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

rivetz posted:

Strong recommendation for "Owning Mahowny" for anyone who wants to see Philip Seymour Hoffman deliver a pretty brilliant portrayal of the gambling addict's mindset. The trailers kinda bill it as some quirky suspense movie, and I guess it's got some of that, but it's primarily a character study
I recommend...... Uncut Gems.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

the box score is wild. the starters had 15 combined, with three of them posting 0 https://www.nba.com/game/bkn-vs-mil-0022200995/box-score#box-score

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Just thinking about how, with Ja being a father, he is going to be the wildest Sports Dad of all time once his daughter is old enough to play

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

the starters were benched for Not Hustling

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

What in tarnation

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

kingcobweb posted:

the box score is wild. the starters had 15 combined, with three of them posting 0 https://www.nba.com/game/bkn-vs-mil-0022200995/box-score#box-score

The starters also played less minutes that 6 of the bench players. It was basically letting the bench guys have a start as they are playing B2B today.

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat

kingcobweb posted:

Just thinking about how, with Ja being a father, he is going to be the wildest Sports Dad of all time once his daughter is old enough to play
"Oh, she a goose now? Somebody try to tell me she a goose? Y'all ducks, aaaaall y'all ducks but she a goose" *In the background a smirking Davonte Pack quacks mockingly, one hand straying to his waistband*

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

rivetz posted:

"Oh, she a goose now? Somebody try to tell me she a goose? Y'all ducks, aaaaall y'all ducks but she a goose" *In the background a smirking Davonte Pack quacks mockingly, one hand straying to his waistband*

Lmao

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

rivetz posted:

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Someone immediately page Jimmy, Rondo and DWade

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011
Now do meyers Leonard

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

I wonder if he climbed out of gold in League while he was injured

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/lessismoh/status/1634284086843043840?s=46&t=ONafhSPnNbuwfTYWkAKw1w

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

How the gently caress do you walk out of the house like this and absolutely no one stops you