Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

I played for two hours today and got second and third like six times. My team mate (a buddy) was not playing great, and when I was playing solo's I got 3rd twice because they basically teamed up to kill me.

DMR upgraded with extra mag and gold is fantastic. Pulse rifle is very good and I believe no bullet drop off. The shotgun is very good if you hit your shots. Pistol is still fantastic, but maybe overused and not as good in this new meta. Katana is great for movement, not great for attack.

Snipers are broken in zero builds if they're good shots/zero/low ping. Solo's it's not terrible, duo's its rough. 200 damage total I understand, but 300 or whatever? Meh.

Solid start to the season, I should switch from PS5 this weekend to my switch to at least get my first win and the umbrella.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Is it possible to take one account and play it everywhere? I got a ps5, maybe I'll try it on that instead of my pc.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Idk why people do not like most of the battlepass. Renzo, Thunder, Highwire, and Stray seem to be great skins.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Overbite posted:

Is it possible to take one account and play it everywhere? I got a ps5, maybe I'll try it on that instead of my pc.

Yes, just make sure to not bypass the screen that tells you to link it before playing, otherwise it will be it’s own account.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Mr Hootington posted:

Idk why people do not like most of the battlepass. Renzo, Thunder, Highwire, and Stray seem to be great skins.

I saw some people being annoyed that Stray is basically another Drift character model recycle. When there's already like, 5 slight variants that they could list.

I like most of the new ones, but Stray with the mask on and Mizuki are the only ones I'll probably ever use.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Hrist posted:

I saw some people being annoyed that Stray is basically another Drift character model recycle. When there's already like, 5 slight variants that they could list.

I like most of the new ones, but Stray with the mask on and Mizuki are the only ones I'll probably ever use.

Yeah I like the Masked Stray too. Idk why people think it is weird stray is another Drift either. It makes sense that multiple versions of characters would be running around what with multiple realities crashing into each other constantly. A lot of the character reskins are pretty unique too.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Skin wise the battle pass is a 7. But glider/pick axe/emote wise it's a solid 9.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

First match of the season baby!
https://twitter.com/ShareHoot/status/1634388637713326080?t=eV14R0jmqyge31deWIXFSQ&s=19

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."

Overbite posted:

Yes, but make sure you link your epic account with your playstation (or Xbox or Nintendo) so you keep all the accounts and achievements.

The same thing happened to me with Rocket League and Fall Guys.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Overbite posted:

Don't really want anything on the battle pass which is a shame.

They gave us the best one right at the start

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

Renzo, Thunder, Highwire, and screw the rest. They're really meh. And the first empress skin is merely okay. The bonus reward version is better.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Renzo's giant flaming skull glider is perfect. Just perfect.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Mister Facetious posted:

They gave us the best one right at the start

It's by far the best of the lot. The other shins are fine but I'll probs only play as them if my team is doing matchies. I haven't looked that the bonus rewards ones tho.

Shinjobi posted:

Renzo's giant flaming skull glider is perfect. Just perfect.

My son said, "HE'S ROASTING MY CHESTNUTS!" So now it's my favorite glider.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

LionArcher posted:

Skin wise the battle pass is a 7. But glider/pick axe/emote wise it's a solid 9.

The guilty of sweating emote alone was worth it, honestly. I love that they made it.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

drat, there’s no way to see last season’s stats anymore is there?

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I like that the keycard-carrying bosses show up later rather than being there from the start. Gives me time to collect some decent weapons first and felt like less chaos of a bunch of other players landing there trying to get them too

Or maybe everyone was checking out the shiny new POI in the south and not bothering with the tired old snow castle

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

For people playing on PS5, do you use the motion control aim? I’m used to Splatoon where the motion controls are very good but knowing other players have assist and missing a recenter button is messing me up.

Dead Nerve
Mar 27, 2007

I'm loving my new DOOMfluencer and am excited to unlock the rest of the goodies. New map changes are a treat even if the ol' switch doesn't like Mega City so much. Three dashes from the katana into the heavens and popping aerialist is god tier movement though.

Sorry splattered ice cream dude this fishstick jam is bangin'

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Hobo Clown posted:

Or maybe everyone was checking out the shiny new POI in the south and not bothering with the tired old snow castle

I was able to unlock one uncontested because everyone dropping new PoI. Got the mythic havoc pump (which can one shot)

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Loot island is a fast track way to die, it owns

Mythic havoc shotgun one shotted me

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Last night in duos the most contested POIs for us were Brutal Bastion, labs, or that named Island on the right side.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Cobra DMR is so good it's almost unfair. Just absolutely smoking people with it on my potato console.

And the zap gun from the Hidden Fortress is nearly as fast, and does 57 damage on a body hit.
:iia:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Got a solo win today--I'm uh...just waiting for new quests to pop up. I lagged behind on the last chapter, I wanna be a bit more proactive this time.

Majik Ninja
Jan 16, 2004
Running sword, combat shotgun, heavy sniper, 2 stacks of legendary chugs every game. My favorite loadout in seasons

The new pump seems okay but I'm not completely used to it yet and the combat is still so good

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

The Cobra DMR is working so well for me on Switch that I've been tempted to just run one gun, two or three heals, and a support item or two like the shield bubble.

I think my ideal second weapon for it would be the Heisted Breacher shotgun; just get rid of all the cover :getin:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Anyone know if the Slurp jars (the 3hp Regen/second item) stop when you hit full health, or if they'll run until they've reached 75 health/shields tics, like the previous version from the end of season 1?

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Mar 12, 2023

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Mister Facetious posted:

Anyone know if the Slurp jars (the 3hp Regen/second item) stop when you hit full health, or if they'll run until they've reached 75 health/shields tics, like the previous version from the end of season 1?

they keep running even when you have max health/shield, the effect is still visible/making its sfx

unrelated:

https://twitter.com/ShiinaBR/status/1635027711570882561?s=20

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

All of those guns are very bad. Unless they tweaked them then those are useless augments.

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)

Mr Hootington posted:

All of those guns are very bad. Unless they tweaked them then those are useless augments.

Shadow tracker slaps; and the flare gun to light up people in bushes is situationally useful. (Though it’s main benefit was incinerating builds try-hards instacastles with them on the 12th floor)

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Mr Hootington posted:

Flare gun is really good. Having one in a squads final circle could be nice.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Mr Hootington posted:

flintlock is a good close up surprise to finish someone with

also the shield bubbles will stick to car tires still, also i'm going to raise my opinion of swords a bit, they're fun.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

LionArcher posted:

Snipers are broken in zero builds if they're good shots/zero/low ping. Solo's it's not terrible, duo's its rough. 200 damage total I understand, but 300 or whatever? Meh.

Yeah, two games over the weekend I was just going about my business and got one-shot out of nowhere. No time to react or do anything, not really a fan of this, especially in this game where you otherwise always have time to react to an attacker in some way.

But that's my only complaint, digging the new season so far.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

LionArcher posted:

The snipers scope lights up when it looks at you, I've sniped them back with a redeye before. Not good enough. But its something.

That vault shotgun that's a 1 hit kill got me a couple times, but I rush teams in the vault for funzies.

I did take out a team of 3 in three shots with it, so it's still unfair, but when it's unfair in my favor it's fun.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
The glint isn’t addressing the issues of the sniper having zero flinch when being shot and that the rare one will one shot headshot.

Like the mythic pump being one shot is “fine” because it’s mythic rarity and not a widespread drop.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
If they vaulted the heavy sniper I’d be sad but it would probably be for the best because this season I’m running at about a 4% accuracy rating with it. Maybe I should switch to controller.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I don't think the heavy sniper is a problem. It has the glint to let you know if someone is looking at you.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Any time I sit still for longer than a second I automatically assume I'm in someone's sights. I don't get one-shotted very often but I'm also constantly moving.

If they can pull off a distance headshot while I'm sprinting, jumping, or sliding, then they deserve the win.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

New augments related to capturing the stashes are coming
https://twitter.com/iFireMonkey/status/1635382900882558978?t=qbhASYaIMs20VFYEDt7drg&s=19

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

I don't think the heavy sniper is a problem. It has the glint to let you know if someone is looking at you.

a distance weapon that is a common blue drop that can do 250 damage and only if you're looking in that direction can you see a glint is very much a problem.

Mythic shotgun only works if you're fighting close. That being one hit is fine. It's the distance and it being an instant kill that's absurd, especially in zero builds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Don't stand still and use cover.