Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I was surprised Torts turned from his American jingoism, but he must just really hate the gays that much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huggybear
Jun 17, 2005

I got the jimjams

Aphrodite posted:

I was surprised Torts turned from his American jingoism, but he must just really hate the gays that much.

Such a stereotypical centrist and obvious secret homophobe. Pieces of poo poo like Torts always have an animal charity project like his for dogs and then perpetuate hate towards actual humans.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I enjoyed listening to the Blackhawks radio broadcast.

I like when the colour commentary guy is involved in the conversation.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I enjoyed listening to the Blackhawks radio broadcast.

I like when the colour commentary guy is involved in the conversation.

I love that the Blackhawks are on WGN, a station powerful enough that it can be heard in Michigan.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Your attention please:

https://twitter.com/WheelingNailers/status/1634402933277089795?t=00Bfk73jEo82XN6miFV1VQ&s=19

The commentary is icing on the cake.:discourse:

This also reminds me I need to go to a Nailers game.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

CBJSprague24 posted:

Your attention please:

https://twitter.com/WheelingNailers/status/1634402933277089795?t=00Bfk73jEo82XN6miFV1VQ&s=19

:sickos:

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/bigheadhcky/status/1634401161485914113?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

Tkachuk has exactly double the points that Huberdeau has lol

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
the flames are hilarious

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Congrats to Calgary losing to the ducks. It is baffling how we are not scoring goals with noted sniper Nick Ritchie on the 2nd line.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Neither will make the playoffs and neither get a trophy for this. We're very proud of them though.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

corn on the cop posted:

the flames are hilarious

It rocks

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug

CBJSprague24 posted:

Your attention please:

drat deleted already, what was it

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

I’ll believe it when I see it, but a report that the Flyers may stop listening to Bob Clarke is * checks notes and shuffles papers * 20ish years over due.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

corn on the cop posted:

the flames are hilarious

it's pretty funny

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Imagine being so bad at making decisions that Comcast is exasperated by it

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

mennoknight posted:

it's pretty funny

Somehow Sutter has managed to make a team truly excruciating to watch during the highest scoring season in thirty years.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
Hey when a talented team like the Anaheim Ducks want to lock a game down defensively, there's not much you can do.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Duckman2008 posted:

I’ll believe it when I see it, but a report that the Flyers may stop listening to Bob Clarke is * checks notes and shuffles papers * 20ish years over due.

Is there an org chart like that Oilers one?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Is there an org chart like that Oilers one?

It’s just picture of dogshit in a garbage can.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
apparently the flames set a record for the most amount of losses in a season when outshooting a team by 10 or more shots.
pretty surprised by that, i would have figured one of those detroit teams in the mid aughts would have had it, not because they lost very much but because they always seemed to outshoot teams by a large number, win or lose

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

aejix posted:

drat deleted already, what was it

https://twitter.com/FWKomets/status/1634403102961852416?t=KSIaB1n_XPUwHHvMr5i89Q&s=19

Goalie fight.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Haven’t seen a goalie get his rear end kicked like this since Brent Johnson one-punched Rick DiPietro

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

clean ayers act posted:

apparently the flames set a record for the most amount of losses in a season when outshooting a team by 10 or more shots.
pretty surprised by that, i would have figured one of those detroit teams in the mid aughts would have had it, not because they lost very much but because they always seemed to outshoot teams by a large number, win or lose

They didn't lose a whole lot so there's your answer.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK

clean ayers act posted:

Those Detroit teams probably had quadruple the amount of high danger chances per game... The Flames throw muffins at the net from the boards/point. They're in contention for the corsi cup and they're going to miss the playoffs, it's awful hockey to watch.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/br_openice/status/1634377354205097986?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

Sens acquiring the Liver King owns, looking forward to his skin slowly becoming leathery and hot dog colored

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

the man set himself up for the dunk here

https://twitter.com/lukefoxjukebox/status/1634575409227395072

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

The Dirty Burger posted:

https://twitter.com/br_openice/status/1634377354205097986?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

Sens acquiring the Liver King owns, looking forward to his skin slowly becoming leathery and hot dog colored

He should probably skip the long term anabolic steroid abuse, though

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Morgan Rielly has nightmares of Connor McDavid turning him into a pylon on Hockey Night in Canada. Good odds it’ll happen again tonight!

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/penguins/status/1634622611173908482

Jeff Carter is going to be in the lineup forever god please no.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Only reason I remember Bonino exists is that post from a Canucks fan on their coaches inability to change up lines so it was always the same 4 players rotated in order all game.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Furnaceface posted:

Only reason I remember Bonino exists is that post from a Canucks fan on their coaches inability to change up lines so it was always the same 4 players rotated in order all game.

Sedin-Bonino-Richardson-Horvat

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.

rex rabidorum vires posted:

How the hell did we lacerate his kidney?? I'd understand it if we iced Ross Johnston but YEESH

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Chychrun tried to eat Bonino.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The Dirty Burger posted:

Someone should clue him into the fact that calorie availability goes up when you cook stuff.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Somewhere, Beau Bennett stands, applauds at the uniqueness of the injury, and then snaps his leg.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

xzzy posted:

Someone should clue him into the fact that calorie availability goes up when you cook stuff.

Yeah someone tell him the reason he wants more of it after eating is that he’s still hungry because human digestive tracts aren’t good at processing raw meat and a significant amount of it is just passing through his system as bulk.

Don’t teams have trainers and nutritionists that would theoretically know this stuff and call him a dumbass fairly regularly?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Koopa Kid posted:

Yeah someone tell him the reason he wants more of it after eating is that he’s still hungry because human digestive tracts aren’t good at processing raw meat and a significant amount of it is just passing through his system as bulk.

Don’t teams have trainers and nutritionists that would theoretically know this stuff and call him a dumbass fairly regularly?

He was a long time Coyote

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I love that a professional athlete got duped by the guy on YouTube who did poo poo loads of steroids and then said he was buff because he ate raw meat and slept on the ground.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

ThinkTank posted:

I love that a professional athlete got duped by the guy on YouTube who did poo poo loads of steroids and then said he was buff because he ate raw meat and slept on the ground.

well yeah when you put it like that it sounds like you'd have to be crazy to think he was legit, but you left out the submersing yourself in cold water once a day and touching trees and grass with your hands to commune with nature

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug

Hell yeah