Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Drakkel posted:

Isn't Raj Giri the guy who baselessly declared that Hikaru Shida slept her way into AEW and for some reason nobody questioned him on that?

I threatened to beat him up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Feel bad for the QT Haters

https://twitter.com/QTMarshall/status/1634400226713776129

dracula vladdy AF
May 6, 2011
genuinely impressed with how QT can make someone get so unhinged. seriously an underrated talent

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
C+ talent on the sheet, A+ talent in the tweets

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

QT rules

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
Huge QT mark here. He was loving fantastic pre-show in Toronto - beast on the stick

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

MassRafTer posted:

Have a feeling some of these might get deleted when someone sobers up.

Thanks for saving one. Looks like he mass deleted a bunch.

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

Hirez posted:

Huge QT mark here. He was loving fantastic pre-show in Toronto - beast on the stick

He made my 8 year old so mad that my son started a QT Sucks chant before QT even started his match the next night. He's proud of starting the chant, lol.

I showed him the end of Dynamite and now he's mad at Hobbes. "He's no longer the mitochondria of AEW"

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

1glitch0 posted:

Thanks for saving one. Looks like he mass deleted a bunch.
He mass deleted all of this "QT Marshall is ratings poison, he's a never-was piece of poo poo rear end in a top hat who ruins the show, he's an idiot and a bully and a monster" and left his tweets saying "I was simply questioning Wardlow's booking and someone made it personal". He's really trying to take the high road, retroactively.

Except he did not delete all of the retweets of people cheering him on for destroying QT Marshmallo, the no-talent Cody Rhodes dickrider and gatekeeper actively ruining every segment he's in and also ruining the segments he's not in by being a lovely booker and trainer driving AEW into the mud.

So the upper-midcard road, I guess.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
https://twitter.com/CraigPWMusings/status/1634284687165214759

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Liv Morgan superfans are definitely a thing.

On Liv not getting a match at Wrestlemania amid reports that Ronda and Shayna are challenging for the tag titles at Mania:

quote:

Yeah that's why big star Shayna Baszler is gonna win them, by the power given to her by Warhammer

Edit: Or just give Liv the belts instead of two washed up soulless has beens in Becky and Lita

Look, I agree Lita is washed up, but it's hilarious to call Becky Lynch a has-been considering she's still significantly more popular than Liv, and at least her singles title runs didn't completely poo poo the bed, unlike Liv's. Who ended up getting booed by the end of it because she couldn't cut a promo to save her life, and all of her matches were incredibly sloppy affairs.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm putting it in the dirtsheets that Raj Giri got worked

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
There has been a very weird argument about wrestler salaries in WWE now vs in WCW/ECW.

https://twitter.com/broke_chico/status/1634589069727375363

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

MassRafTer posted:

There has been a very weird argument about wrestler salaries in WWE now vs in WCW/ECW.

Isn’t nxt base pay $90k a year? And that was after everyone got a raise for when it went on network tv? I swear I read that most nxt talents were only paid $600 a week before the tv deal.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

DarkstarIV posted:

Liv Morgan superfans are definitely a thing.

On Liv not getting a match at Wrestlemania amid reports that Ronda and Shayna are challenging for the tag titles at Mania:

Look, I agree Lita is washed up, but it's hilarious to call Becky Lynch a has-been considering she's still significantly more popular than Liv, and at least her singles title runs didn't completely poo poo the bed, unlike Liv's. Who ended up getting booed by the end of it because she couldn't cut a promo to save her life, and all of her matches were incredibly sloppy affairs.

On the subject of deranged superfans, there is an unhinged Alexa Bliss superfan on reddit that pretty much every day brings up the fact that one time the Lilly doll was the #1 selling item on the WWE store 2 years ago as the reason she should be pushed

quote:

The only place that didn’t like dark Bliss was Reddit. Lilly is still a top selling item. It’s been two years and people are still tripping over themselves to find Lilly dolls. When she attacked Bianca as dark Bliss, fans popped and chanted one more time as she mauled Bianca. When she threatened to tear scars in Bianca’s face, the fans cheered. When Alexa challenged Charlotte, the fans cheered and led yes chants. On social media, fans are loudly complaining they want evil Alexa and Lilly back. During Asuka and Bianca segments, the wrestler that is trending on Twitter is…Alexa Bliss. Evil Alexa segments had the highest YouTube views as well. If a male wrestler was getting massive pops and selling merch hand over fist with massive shipping delays because WWE shop couldn’t keep up with demand, Reddit would be screaming that he needs to be champion yesterday. But when it’s Alexa Bliss, it’s “scrap the massively over gimmick and put her back in a character she outgrew in 2018.”

quote:

She wants the spooky poo poo. Also it’s super over and the doll is still the top selling collectible and it’s been two years. If anything, lean in more. Make her spookier. Give her back her hypnosis and her telekinesis, and have her run amok.

quote:

A fully committed Alexa bliss push and not “face Bianca and get pulled off of TV.” Have her win queen’s crown, bring it to the Playground with a mini crown for Lilly, and sell limited edition “Princess Lilly” dolls. WWE would make bank.

quote:

Alexa Bliss has the highest selling merch item of 2021, an item that was so popular there were up to seven week shipping delays because WWE couldn’t meet up with the demand. The holiday Lilly doll sold out in two days. Lilly dolls sold out at the Royal Rumble 2023, nearly two years later and it’s still the top selling non-clothing item on WWE shop. Meanwhile it’s “there’s just no place for her on the card. Her evil gimmick didn’t appeal to me personally so she needs to stay home and return as the goddess and the Lilly doll needs to be shelved permanently.”

quote:

My headcanon is that when Brock heard he didn’t get to work with icon that is Lilly, he dipped.

quote:

If we are counting merch, then Alexa Bliss is a massive draw, as Lilly has consistently been a top seller for almost two years.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Hirez posted:

I was at a show in DC when QT came out several times during Dark tapings accompanying Factory wrestlers, and every time he came out he'd antagonize the crowd more and more. When, later in the show, Hook suplexed him on the stage, the pop was amazing.

I was also at the show where he made Action Andretti into a star. He's a great wrestler and a great heel and I won't hear anything against him.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Selachian posted:

I was at a show in DC when QT came out several times during Dark tapings accompanying Factory wrestlers, and every time he came out he'd antagonize the crowd more and more. When, later in the show, Hook suplexed him on the stage, the pop was amazing.

I was also at the show where he made Action Andretti into a star. He's a great wrestler and a great heel and I won't hear anything against him.

Is that the show where he was talking poo poo and then when Hook grabbed him, still holding the mic, he screamed OH MY GOD into the mic before he was suplexed, because that spot was loving incredible.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

"Give her back her hypnosis and her telekinesis."

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

JUNGLE BOY posted:

On the subject of deranged superfans, there is an unhinged Alexa Bliss superfan on reddit that pretty much every day brings up the fact that one time the Lilly doll was the #1 selling item on the WWE store 2 years ago as the reason she should be pushed

It's funny because I think those dolls still sold well when they were brought back for a bit earlier this year, but not to the level they used to. But once she started wrestling again, it was pretty clear she was completely over the hill. I think over the past year she's had exactly one good match and it was against Io Shirai. Her feud with Bianca sucked (it also sucked Bianca into the Uncle Howdyverse), especially the matches. Where the first one is up there as one of the worst matches of the year, and the second one, while a marginal improvement, was still really loving bad.

Dawgstar posted:

"Give her back her hypnosis and her telekinesis."

Alexa has talked about how she enjoys Bray Wyatt's work and storytelling and would love to get involved with it again. Which is hilarious since people are absolutely cooling off on him because of how lovely this latest run of his is.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

NXT UK should have been included, which if memory serves was barely above full time minimum wage.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Gonzo McFee posted:

NXT UK should have been included, which if memory serves was barely above full time minimum wage.

they were mainly paid in exposure, but unfortunately, it was the britwres kind

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

JUNGLE BOY posted:

they were mainly paid in exposure, but unfortunately, it was the britwres kind

To unsuspecting 15 year olds?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Gonzo McFee posted:

Yeah the contracts were literally just enough to be able to choose them over just about any full time entry level job without putting yourself in a financial hole with the original promise of making your indie money on top, and then they stopped people taking those indie dates before eventually relenting again.

This was when Pete Dunne started tweeting up a storm about how good the whole thing was for britwres as a whole whilst also not being allowed to work for the promotion he owned lol.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Tfw you track wrestling

https://twitter.com/wrestletracker1/status/1634181639386562561

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Here's my stupid wrestling fan take, the stomp on the bricks should've been the finish.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

lol I was gonna say "did they really sing his song because I don't remember that" before i realized they said mox won the match

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

That's why it was a terrible match. At least Danielson steamrolled MJF and is the new champion although that match wasn't great either.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

MJeff posted:

Here's my stupid wrestling fan take, the stomp on the bricks should've been the finish.

It needed to be a submission because both sides had already knocked each other out, op.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
The match should have ended with Mox landing on the fork and comically shooting into the air while holding his butt saying "yeowch!" then he hits his head on a rafter and crashes down while birds comically circle his head and he gets counted out

this kid is nuts
Mar 30, 2016

I used to think that match was poo poo and would troll WWE fans about it. I watched it recently and it is actually good. Not "the best match EVER" obviously but still good. Hogan/Rock is also good

I thought the "workrate" thing was mostly a meme, lmao at those graphs

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Taker Michaels 2 is better

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Every promotion should have at least one guy whose very good at their job but you look at and go oh that guy's not a good wrestler

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

MassRafTer posted:

Does Broke Chico know that you can actually look up how much Rick Steiner and Disco Inferno were paid in WCW? Steiner's lowest salary during the Monday Night Wars was $156k in 1996 (adjusted for inflation, a little under $300,000 in 2023). In 1999 he signed a three year deal for $750,000 a year (well over $1,000,000 a year adjusted for inflation).

Disco was paid significantly less, but started out around $80k in 2023 dollars, made $300,000 ($500K+ in 2023) in 2000 and was under contract to make even more if WCW hadn't folded.

Then again, Broke Chico is using MediaReferee to get the scoops on wrestling salaries and net worth. It's obviously a super reliable site with no search bar but here's a helpful list of what everyone is making these days compared to back in the 1990s

$15,000,000 - Brock Lesnar
$13,000,000 - John Cena
$12,000,000 - Stone Cold Steve Austin
$10,000,000 - John Cena*, Roman Reigns
$8,000,000 - Randy Orton, Seth Rollins
$6 or 7 Million - Dolph Ziggler, AJ Styles, Jon Moxley
$4,500,000 - Randy Orton*
$3,100,000 - Becky Lynch
$3,000,000 - Kenny Omega, Edge, Chris Jericho, CM Punk
$2,880,000 - Mick Foley
$2,100,000 - Ronda Rousey
$2,000,000 - Paul Heyman, Roman Reigns*, Brandi Rhodes, Bryan Danielson
$1,500,000 - Sheamus
$1,100,000 - Charlotte Flair
$1,000,000 - JBL, Finn Balor, AJ Styles*
$800,000 - Samoa Joe
$700,000 - Chad Gable, Karrion Kross
$600,000 - Rey Fenix
$550,000 - Bianca Belair, Charlotte Flair*
$450,000 - Kevin Owens
$500,000 - Big E, Chelsea Green, Cora Jade, Donna Purrazzo, Mandy Rose, Iyo Sky, Nikkita Lyons, Dax Harwood, Josh Mathews, Chris Jericho*, Kofi Kingston
$400,000 - Corey Graves, Santos Escobar, Dana Brooke, Matt Riddle
$350,000 - Bayley, Askua, Alexa Bliss
$300,000 - Dakota Kai, Gunther, Jacey Jayne, Mansoor, Mercedes Martinez, Otis, Alexa Bliss*, Natalya
$250,000 - Bret Hart, Jimmy Uso, Carmella, Lana, Sasha Banks
$200,000 - Carmelo Hayes, Angelo Dawkins, Roderick Strong, Toni Storm, Raquel Rodriguez
$174,000 - Rey Mysterio
$170,000 - Scott Steiner
$150,000 - Bobby Roode, Solo Sikoa
$100,000 - Liv Morgan, Rikishi, Sami Zayn
$95,000 - Scott Hall

* Several people's annual salaries changed over the course of 2022, apparently? The John Cena number specifically is "what he's being paid by WWE, on top of his Hollywood career"

This seems like a very reputable source and not some sort of AI generated nonsense!

Edge & Christian fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Mar 11, 2023

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Drakkel posted:

Isn't Raj Giri the guy who baselessly declared that Hikaru Shida slept her way into AEW and for some reason nobody questioned him on that?

Did he start that, because I remember Cornette refusing to watch Shida matches because she's just "Kenny Omega's Japanese fetish toy".

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Fish Of Doom posted:

Did he start that, because I remember Cornette refusing to watch Shida matches because she's just "Kenny Omega's Japanese fetish toy".

Well Cornette says that about literally every Japanese woman so it's hard to sort out one instance from another

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

MassRafTer posted:

I thought ECW's pay was mostly Paul Heyman saying "Uhhh... heyyyyy buddy... I just have to move some stuff around right now, but I swear you'll get your check next week!"

Coolness Averted posted:

The match should have ended with Mox landing on the fork and comically shooting into the air while holding his butt saying "yeowch!" then he hits his head on a rafter and crashes down while birds comically circle his head and he gets counted out
This, but replace "yeowch!" with "YA-HA-HA-HA-HOOOOO-EEEE!!!"

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I didn't know referees had their own Cagematch pages and it's opened up a whole new door of insanity

https://twitter.com/garrettkidney/status/1634750717201186826

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

A variety of non wrestlers have pages. As of now the 20 highest ratings include:

- Memphis commentator Lance Russel (7th)
- DDT ref Yukinori Matsui (8th)
- WWE French Language commentator Christophe Agius (12th)
- TJPW ring announcer Sayuri Namba (16th)

The top 5 are three of the Four Pillars, Mayu Iwatani and Black Terry so you know it's legit

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

A variety of non wrestlers have pages. As of now the 20 highest ratings include:

- Memphis commentator Lance Russel (7th)
- DDT ref Yukinori Matsui (8th)
- WWE French Language commentator Christophe Agius (12th)
- TJPW ring announcer Sayuri Namba (16th)

The top 5 are three of the Four Pillars, Mayu Iwatani and Black Terry so you know it's legit

i dont even need to see the names and i already know akira taue is being disrespected

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Alaois posted:

i dont even need to see the names and i already know akira taue is being disrespected

It's a crying shame, Taue was fantastic.

Cagematch is fun to get lost in. Scrolling through in the other direction I see that 23 188 people have no rating and the bottom 5 include:

- Bubba the Love Sponge
- One Warrior Nation (Not the stable, just some guy cosplaying as Helwig who debuted in 2007)
- Jenna Morasca
- Amy Zidian (Who apparently was a valet for Jimmy Yang in WWE?)
- Ed Ferrara

Who are rated lower than the guy who killed Bruiser Brody and sex trafficker Hardbody Harrison