Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook

Radirot posted:

lots of good content. sorry to the goons strugging. glad i didnt get the job with roku lol

There are some working for SVB, but cspam goons dont seem the type that would work at an SV startup and be all hopeful about it enough to like…get in large equity debt about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shackleford
Sep 4, 2006

SKULL.GIF posted:

Holy poo poo this guy. I took this screenshot from an insane email I got years and years ago and never thought of it until now.

lol this guy is the grandson of edward teller, the co-developer of thermonuclear weapons

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

PostNouveau posted:

I swear they're making loaves of bread smaller these days. Same number of slices but they're shorter now :argh:

Possibly. Shrinkflation comes in many forms.

When I was a kid buying pre-made food (as in ready to eat, or ready to cook) was seen as quite the luxury so the home pantry was full of things like flour and other basic wholesale style components for food making. We may all go back to that if this general decline sets us back a few decades.

Hint: store things in large metal storage bins (not literal garbage bins). If they're metal the rats can't chew into them. Plastic not fantastic.

Waterslide Industry Lobbyist
Jun 18, 2003

ANYONE WANT SOME BARBECUE?

Lipstick Apathy

DancingShade posted:

That's a great idea!

(a few years later)

Let's privatise it!

It would be so much worse.

“I’d like to thank President Jake Paul for giving me the opportunity to chair FedBanc. As part of our mission to make access to their money affordable for all Americans I’m thrilled to announce our partnership with [bank I ran for the previous 3 decades that I have a huge amount of stock in] as our new debit card provider.” *introduces a fee schedule that charges you for looking up the fee schedule*

then it changes every 4 years

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

A Bakers Cousin posted:

safe deposit boxes full of printed nfts

noshutup STOP GIVING THEM IDEAS

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

This lady has brain damage

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Waterslide Industry Lobbyist posted:

It would be so much worse.

“I’d like to thank President Jake Paul for giving me the opportunity to chair FedBanc. As part of our mission to make access to their money affordable for all Americans I’m thrilled to announce our partnership with [bank I ran for the previous 3 decades that I have a huge amount of stock in] as our new debit card provider.” *introduces a fee schedule that charges you for looking up the fee schedule*

then it changes every 4 years

I think we share the same crystal ball manufacturer.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

PostNouveau posted:

I swear they're making loaves of bread smaller these days. Same number of slices but they're shorter now :argh:
oh absolutely are, food is getting a lot smaller.

sometimes they bulk it up with air to make it seem the same size (i.e. bread, ice cream)

whole foods bakery section is very funny for this. they used to be solid 12-16oz loaves, and now they're like 4oz

Xaris has issued a correction as of 09:09 on Mar 11, 2023

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
i went to yelp to see if i could find some before-after photos and holy mother of god, what the gently caress is yelp doing??

you used to be able to filter and sort images by date and all kinds of stuff and now it's just a pinstagram but without even a scrollbaer

it's completely unusable and utterly gutted.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Xaris posted:

i went to yelp to see if i could find some before-after photos and holy mother of god, what the gently caress is yelp doing??

you used to be able to filter and sort images by date and all kinds of stuff and now it's just a pinstagram but without even a scrollbaer

it's completely unusable and utterly gutted.

venture capital destroyed searching and sorting everywhere :D

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Maybe Giannis can buy SVB

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

giannis has a big family to feed

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Vox Nihili posted:

Maybe Giannis can buy SVB

Now there is someone who took some financial advice.

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

the greek nigerian that doesn't trust banks for a penny more than they have guaranteed, that tracks.

also giannis is more likely than lasry to bail out the workers of Fiserv Forum in the event of a work stoppage.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

speaking of the greeks
https://twitter.com/diem_25/status/1634300308451893251
they broke his nose!

quote:

A short while ago, Yanis Varoufakis was the victim of a cowardly attack. He was at an Athens restaurant with DiEM25 members from all over Europe, when a small group of thugs stormed the place shouting aggressively, falsely accusing him of signing off on Greece’s bailouts with the Troika. Varoufakis stood up to talk to them but they immediately responded with violence, savagely beating him while filming the scene.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Giannis is smarter than techbros

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Vox Nihili posted:

Replacing a window for $70 is some extremely impressive thrift (she did not replace a window)

lol the 250 A/C repair as well. the deals maker

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
lol SVB could've bought a tranche of I Bonds every six months and been fine

https://www.treasurydirect.gov/savings-bonds/i-bonds/

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
on the subject of unauthorized plumbing, i bought some cheapo 25 foot augur to clear up a slow drain and that shits easy as gently caress. just air dry it off after and spray wd40 on it before you store it. no problemo

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

"DiEM25 is a pan-European, progressive movement that aims to democratise the EU before it disintegrates. Our bid to effect change is enshrined in our Green New Deal for Europe."

I'm not sure who is in the right idealogically here but a cowardly assault is never right.

Yanis better learn how to fight. Same for everyone else regardless of whatever they think.

edit - the time of peaceful everything and the age of plenty is over. Plan accordingly.

DancingShade has issued a correction as of 10:22 on Mar 11, 2023

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

I feel like the reason you have a huge number of fairly arbitrary rankings is so that you notice little fluctuations but maybe that's not a good way of evaluating it when it can go from A- to Caa2 in one day

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Xaris posted:

oh absolutely are, food is getting a lot smaller.

sometimes they bulk it up with air to make it seem the same size (i.e. bread, ice cream)

whole foods bakery section is very funny for this. they used to be solid 12-16oz loaves, and now they're like 4oz

It rules when they use the same bags. I used to buy this same bread in this same bag, now the little plastic bread tie that once struggled to contain is sitting like two inches away from the end of the bread or the bag. Lonely. Sad. The one dollar bread costs three dollars, and it has been made small.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
money isn't real so hard

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

bread is real

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

Pete Buttigieg worked for a company that was fixing bread prices.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

TDepressionEarl posted:

Pete Buttigieg worked for a company that was fixing bread prices.

and now he crashes trains. inspiring

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
skipping like 40000 posts itt, is the economy good?

Bear Retrieval Unit has issued a correction as of 12:12 on Mar 11, 2023

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

skippingike 40000 posts itt, is the economy good?

Fundamentals are strong

Strongdamentals

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

gradenko_2000 posted:

Fundamentals are strong

Strongdamentals

fundong

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
make new thread op. cspam is always wrong so this won't be it, but why not

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
what does it mean when tether loses the peg, in the other direction?

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
i actually did find this very helpful even though i found it through matty https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2023-03-10/startup-bank-had-a-startup-bank-run

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

mila kunis posted:

make new thread op. cspam is always wrong so this won't be it, but why not

SKULL.GIF sealed its fate, that guy was born to be wrong

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Lessail posted:

protect my balls lol

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Mola Yam posted:

I’m picturing a guy listing a bunch of them for a dollar and then buying them from himself to show that the thing costs a dollar. I’m sure the experts will have a better answer.

E: sorry, more than a dollar. Theory stands

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Mola Yam posted:

everyone is turning USDC into tethers

maybe that's making the price of tethers go up

it's all incredibly loving stupid

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Lots of stablecoins doing very weird things right now.
here are the top 10 by market cap:

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

webcams for christ posted:

Tether still standing :allears:

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

webcams for christ posted:

Dollars for sale! Get yer genuine dollar’s worth of value for only 91 cents, cheapest around. It’s worth a dollar, it says it in the name and it was worth a dollar the whole time until recently. Buy my discount dollars, please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
https://twitter.com/saylor/status/1634238976444776469