Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

curlingiron posted:

It’s called Stagtown. She mentioned in an author note that she used to work as a party princess, and later mentioned that she also wrote Bizenghast, which was what finally made the connection for me.

Oh that's neat, I might have to check that out then. :neckbeard:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Oh drat that's her? That comic is extremely unsettling and creepy. I didn't get far enough in to know what the deal was because I'm not into that kind of horror but she knocked it out of the goddamn park if that's what she was going for.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

This was the best bit to come out of the 30-50 feral hogs thing imo

https://youtu.be/YmPinBcDUao

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Fortaleza posted:

Holy poo poo
"Why are you British?"

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
sa's finest post

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

I still enjoy perhaps the most successful av/redtext purchase in forums history.

sincx posted:

Which forum or forums your issue is related to (if any)

The "Other's Avatar" purchase process

A concise summary of your issue

I was just "gifted" an avatar that is not only harassing and degrading, but also untrue and lacks any basis.

There's no accountability for people who buy defamatory avatars, and no formal appeals process for getting them removed.

Honestly, this "avatar harassment" system feels like an immature and harmful relic of the Lowtax days, and has more than worn out its welcome. All it does is let people with a lot of disposable income haze other users without accountability or responsibility. This "dog eat dog" revenue generation system fit Lowtax's MO, but I think it's past time the forums moved on from that.

At the very least, I'd like this avatar removed/blanked. But I think an overhaul of the entire other's avatar purchase system is necessary. Make it so that only forum users in good standing can purchase avatars for others, and either (a). make it so avatar purchases for others are public, or (b). make it so that the recipient of an avatar have the option to blank out a gifted avatar. (Restoration of the previous avatar could still require payment, to keep some revenue going.)

Examples of the issue, if you have them

The harassing avatar I just received.

The avatar:

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

the fact he still has it to this day is what really makes it lol

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Fortaleza posted:

Lmao at this entire page but especially this

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Kild posted:

it was only a single person that did it lmao.

yeah i went and found it and that + the banme were funnier than i remembered "oh god i've made a terrible mistake" lol

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

ItohRespectArmy posted:

it's the principle of the matter!

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

ItohRespectArmy posted:

he stopped posting after that qcs thread and blanked most of his posts two months later

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
This thread itself is a confirmation he got the exactly right avatar lmao

quote:

I think the world has generally moved on from the "entertainment at another's expense" model.

Can you think of a single other website that allows one user to pay to harass/degrade another? Not even the chans do that. Times have changed. Revenue models have improved. People here hate Reddit, but Reddit has figured out it's far better to generate revenue by allowing users to pay to praise other users, than to pay to attack others.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

All he had to do was not furiously masturbate to anime titties, smdh

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

my avatar has been defaced by Trots

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Tism the Dragon Tickler posted:

All he had to do was not furiously masturbate to anime titties, smdh

And all Sisyphus had to do was push a rock up a hill. Let's not downplay impossible tasks.

rydiafan fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Mar 11, 2023

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

the redtext thread also reminds me of this insanely bad post from a guy whose avatar got changed to a picture of joe biden that said "willa gang" - there was some kind of stupid d&d drama about willa rogers getting punished for some reason, doesn't matter, not important. what is important is this post. all formatting original.

AJA posted:

I mean, it's just offensive. In all seriousness, this is the actual rape of my on-line being. I do not accept this. I did not AND DO NOT give consent for this. I was happy and whole just rockin' along with my FORUMS NOOBIE tag. Forums poster Willa Rogers and their little odious cult gathering took that from me, for nothing more than THE LULZ. And just because they could.

When you think about it, that is completely and utterly hosed up. Seriously, if Forums user Willa Rogers supports and condones these actions, then it should be known that they are just an utterly monstrous, empty, miserable fuckstain. A blight.

Shameful, really.

P.S., to any complicit mods who are just sitting there tapping their ban batons and itching to assert their on-line authority on pOsTiNg AbOuT pOsTeRs, maybe you should take a second and consider what this forced rape avatar actually constitutes.

Not that I expect you to. Oh, well. Meet the new :10bux::10bux:Jeffrey:10bux::10bux: boss, same as the old :10bux::10bux:Lowtax:10bux::10bux: boss.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

I think my favorite av change on this forum is the guy who started the new goonfund, tbh

Like midway through the whole plinkey argument and standup of the new fund, somebody bought him an av of some anime girl with a title change that just read L I B E R A L. He was as confused as the rest of us.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i put a bunch of links in the op.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Mia Wasikowska posted:

i put a bunch of links in the op.

Thanks.

Going to risk this one, but I've already posted in this thread so I'm on borrowed time anyway.

There once was a forum for comments, questions, and suggestions. It wasn't some place I posted, but often was a source of great amusement for me. That wound up getting closed for a few months and replaced by a really wild ticket system held up by load-bearing admins.

Well, those admins weren't very numerous or engaging, though a few of them really did try. After not too long, they decided to add a bunch of IKs to the forum so that posters could post and vent and admins could (mostly) ignore things again without (quite) as much animosity.

One of those IKs decided to speedrun the experience - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4026833

Edit: Meta-discussion starts here - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4025178&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=76#post530407044 - From pages ~76 - 80 when things get about wrapped up.

CubicalSucrose fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Mar 12, 2023

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Got Tales in the writing rn in SAD

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Harold will regret this

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

feral hogs to the left, feral hogs to the right
here i am
stuck in the forums with you

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

SirSamVimes posted:

And yet this crazy motherfucker hunted them with spears

Spears are the ideal hog hunting weapon I hear, they're nasty bastards who will take some serious damage and come after you if you're using a gun or bow, with a spear you can get them stuck on it and keep them far enough away from you to stay safe from their piggie wrath

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Maybe some kind of pike?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I don't think a fish is going to help

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

B33rChiller posted:

Maybe some kind of pike?

Yeah apparently the iron bars at the base are to keep the boar from pushing the spear further up into/through itself to get to you and gently caress you up

basically making a pig mad will unleash an unbelievable retribution

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

lobster shirt posted:

the redtext thread also reminds me of this insanely bad post from a guy whose avatar got changed to a picture of joe biden that said "willa gang" - there was some kind of stupid d&d drama about willa rogers getting punished for some reason, doesn't matter, not important. what is important is this post. all formatting original.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

CubicalSucrose posted:

One of those IKs decided to speedrun the experience - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4026833

Edit: Meta-discussion starts here - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4025178&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=76#post530407044 - From pages ~76 - 80 when things get about wrapped up.

he belongs to the ages now..

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

someone's gone on an overnight av buying spree in SAD, and they're really not very good avs

(imgur link to his previous avatar)

i've probably missed some but lol

copy
Jul 26, 2007

SPR had stable difusion titty skeleton but with karen hair and i think Radia had a blank av with pink text and stux got some pink text thing too. it's been a evening of avs

e: i think these are related lol

copy fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Mar 12, 2023

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

found another one

this one might actually just be a self-purchase though

got my suspicions on who bought all these (given that they happened after the IK'ing) but it might steer to closely into Brigading and Noticing to be legal to speculate

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

found another one

this one might actually just be a self-purchase though

Dude if I was gonna buy a red title for myself I'd at least make it legible.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

if it was any lamer they'd have to bring out the black tent

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Zetsubou-san posted:

if it was any lamer they'd have to bring out the black tent

The haphazard use of lowercase words is a nice touch.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

lmao keep going Harold!

we call a lot of poo poo meltdowns these days and its usually fits of pique or bitchy moments but this is the real uncut extended tantrum stroke risk poo poo and i am here for it

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
A new legend appears

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

lmfao at everything

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

another one

e: this one was bought twice

Kild fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Mar 12, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Kild posted:

another one

Make that two. He rebought it for Endorph.

EDIT: Three actually, I got hit again.

That's $140 so far. Will we hit $150 before the dawn?

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Mar 12, 2023