Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Mario has hooves for feet, this is canon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Kurobo's SHOE. Mario wears shoes even when he climbs inside the big shoe. This Mario movie trying to retcon Mario into a jackbooted thug and I'm not having it. The (non-human) man wears shoes, not boots! I will respect the old lores

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

Khanstant posted:

Kurobo's SHOE. Mario wears shoes even when he climbs inside the big shoe. This Mario movie trying to retcon Mario into a jackbooted thug and I'm not having it. The (non-human) man wears shoes, not boots! I will respect the old lores

a shoe is just a short boot

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

HenryEx posted:

Yea we should change topics real quick

so what do you guys think, will tears of the kingdom bring back weapon durability, i think it just wouldn't feel the same without it

It should have weapon maintenance and if you haven't regularly polished your sword it will jam. Also it should have the random tripping from Brawl. Also if Link has just eaten greasy food his weapons can slip out of his hands.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

I just want to be able to pet the dogs in TotK

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

those boots are clearly red wings, not timbs.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
You can only get a weapon after you compete the necessary supply chain to keep your forge running

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
So Metroid prime is cool.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

External Organs posted:

many people are saying this

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
The new Yoshi's Island course is sick, hope to see Diddy and Funky as playable characters down the road.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Just wanted to say that the Resident Evil movies aren't video game films, they're zombie movies in which characters from the RE games have briefly entered via a multidimensional portal.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Now I just need to get more practice, I feel like all my drifts either land me against the outer wall because I go too fast or to the inner wall cause I turn too sharply, based on the vehicle.
Same here. I tried checking out tips and hints videos, but those people are way way too deep into optimization for my taste. I just want to know if I'm missing something obvious other than practice.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

I hope zelda has stats and levels and colored loot

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Not!

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’d take a colored lute

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Super-NintendoUser posted:

There's only a handful of good video game movies:

1) Super Mario Brothers 2023
2) Sonic the Hedgehog 2022
3) DOA: Dead or Alive 2006

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Mega64 posted:

Mario has hooves for feet, this is canon

His feet are swollen because he's retaining water due to terminal cancer

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

B33rChiller posted:

Same here. I tried checking out tips and hints videos, but those people are way way too deep into optimization for my taste. I just want to know if I'm missing something obvious other than practice.

Reading a bit I guess I was missing "tap break during drifts if you're too out, but only a bit" and "don't always do tricks if you're gonna hit a steep curve at high speeds" which like, are logical but my brain told me "MOAR SPEED".

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

External Organs posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbyjHk5Pwr0

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

https://www.redwingshoes.com/mariosboots.html

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Morpheus posted:

Just wanted to say that the Resident Evil movies aren't video game films, they're zombie movies in which characters from the RE games have briefly entered via a multidimensional portal.

But they all aptly demonstrate the most fundamental concept of a video game movie, being poo poo

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.

Morpheus posted:

I remember Red Letter Media binge watching all the RE films and then having some kind of fit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPUPaxgIo98

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Reading a bit I guess I was missing "tap break during drifts if you're too out, but only a bit" and "don't always do tricks if you're gonna hit a steep curve at high speeds" which like, are logical but my brain told me "MOAR SPEED".

That's the thing I love about 200cc, it's probably the closest Mario Kart will get to becoming a racing sim because you have to pay attention to your driving line, braking, and how you handle jumps, there's a ton of small strategic choices that you don't have to make on any other difficulty.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

‘the wizard’ is a cool video game movie.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I like wreck it ralph

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

I finished Metro 2033 Redux and for the 5 bucks I paid that was a pretty cool experience of a game and it ran excellent on the Switch. Unfortunately I got the violent ending though because I *checks notes* killed too many nazis? Yikes, I don't think that's what you were going for game but crikey, you sure did put in a lot of pacifist points earned by hearing nazis out. :eyepop:

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Is the switch port of Dead Cells good?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

A Sometimes Food posted:

Yes. Been basically flawless since about half a year after it came out.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Mister Facetious posted:

Yes. Been basically flawless since about half a year after it came out.
Rad, thank you.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

RillAkBea posted:

I finished Metro 2033 Redux and for the 5 bucks I paid that was a pretty cool experience of a game and it ran excellent on the Switch. Unfortunately I got the violent ending though because I *checks notes* killed too many nazis? Yikes, I don't think that's what you were going for game but crikey, you sure did put in a lot of pacifist points earned by hearing nazis out. :eyepop:

I think the idea is that you can sneak past the neonazis? Iirc? But i havent played since the original released

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I remember hearing from someone who played both versions that stealth wasn't really made viable until the Redux version. You do need to realize that NPCs often don't move away from their position until you have heard the entirety of their chatter.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
The violent ending is canon anyway.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Not killing nazis is not pacifism, we really should have known better by 2033.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

It is pacifism. Pacifism is just a stupid idea

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
y'all missed out if you didn't watch the trailer imo

https://twitter.com/jaytholen/status/1634321962863407106

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Gaspy Conana posted:

y'all missed out if you didn't watch the trailer imo

https://twitter.com/jaytholen/status/1634321962863407106

If this were the Sonic movie there'd be a ring

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
The Mario movie will canonize that Luigi is a goon. Luigi will ask Bowser “Do you have stairs in your house.”

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib

A Sometimes Food posted:

I bought it a couple of days ago and been having a blast. Some load times are a bit long but nothing that’s not manageable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Mega64 posted:

If this were the Sonic movie there'd be a ring

There's a ring right in the center man. I'm not sure what the symbol is supposed to invoke...either two hands gripping a steering wheel, or two hands holding a tablet, or a man stretching his butthole out?