Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

haveblue posted:

Are you telling me we are not talking bout bugsnax?

we are not

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy6spG2bEy8

but bugsnax is a good game too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

tried to do the first boss in wo long on new game+ and i have failed and im giving up i dont want to play this anymore

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Kerrzhe posted:

tried to do the first boss in wo long on new game+ and i have failed and im giving up i dont want to play this anymore

Stop when the fun stops buddy

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
New game + is a scam to trick you into playing the same game you already beat

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

wo long's NG+ is entirely in the "base game but poo poo's harder + better loot" category, so you're not missing anything if you decide you've had your fill

there'll be DLC eventually this year but it won't be for a while, which is plenty of time to enjoy other fine gamesoft like resident evil 4 remake

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Playing Lost Judgement and the end of the Photography Club storyline might be the worst storytelling moment in any of the Like A Dragon/adjacent games and made me genuinely angry.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

man this is probably a hot take but resident evil 4 looks like the most godawful gameplay i've ever seen

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Original or remake?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

hatty posted:

Original or remake?

both. i watched someone play through a bit of the new demo and it's just like, nothing of what i'm looking at looks fun

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It’s more fun when you’re actually playing it. I think the original had tighter controls but that could just be because I played through it countless times so of course it’ll take time for the Remake to feel as natural

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
resident evil 4 is a serious contender for the greatest game ever made and this one seems to capture the gameplay fundamentals if nothing else

Oxxidation fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Mar 11, 2023

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

nah it owns

https://mobile.twitter.com/tabs_mvc/status/1634225389202538498

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i think it might be having to aim the gun with a controller that just makes it look so awful to me

and then also the bullets feeling super weak like you shoot a zombie in the head and nothing happens

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The pistols aren't so much for damage but for creating opportunities in melee. One of the secrets that RE4 had and most of its copycats did not was the perfect blending of Gunplay, Crowd Management, and Melee.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
another gamer beset by headshot brain, you hate to see it......

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
You shoot them in the head and you get to do a sicknasty roundhouse kick

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I still remember playing a demo booth of RE4 back in the early 00s, and being blown away with the villagers' AI. Such a good first level in a good game.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Would be neat if the game told you any of this stuff

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

the enemies in resident evil aren't bullet sponges, non-magical unarmored enemies will--

*puts finger to earpiece* i am being told that these enemies are magical, carry on

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

hatty posted:

You shoot them in the head and you get to do a sicknasty roundhouse kick

you shoot them in the knee and then suplex them so hard their head explodes but not the starter villager enemies because leon is still holding back at that point

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

RE4 has weapon upgrading and the demo is at literally the start of the game (an area made to be overwhelming by design) so the weapons will be at their weakest. Though to me it seemed fine. There are special "reanimated" enemies that are tougher and harder to stun, maybe thats it?

Also they aren't zombies so your argument is clearly invalid.

Looper posted:

you shoot them in the knee and then suplex them so hard their head explodes but not the starter villager enemies because leon is still holding back at that point

You can suplex in the village in the remake btw!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

still tryna figure out what this marth business is...

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Man I really gotta get onto playing Resident Evil 3's remake so I can play Resident Evil 4's remake!

I never even got around to Resident Evil 6 after 5 was such a weird loving mess so there's that too! Plus I gotta finish 7 (I think I was near the end) and then I guess I should play 8.

How the hell did I fall into this Resident Evil hole?

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

still tryna figure out what this marth business is...

It's the current monch of the year, obviously!

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
You can absolutely skip RE6, it's a bloated mess of a game that's so concerned with being an epic action shooter that they forgot to include any elements of survival horror

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Jerusalem posted:

It's the current monch of the year, obviously!

dag, 2023st gonna be a long yeast. no monch like marth, no bae like mei.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

bone emulator posted:

Would be neat if the game told you any of this stuff

i remember looking up gamefaqs guides for re5 and being absolutely mystified about all the weird re4 melee poo poo they said to do
I thought this game was about shooting zombies!!!

actually maybe the re4 melee stuff was just for its weird multiplayer score attack mode that i didn't understand

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I feel like Resident Evil 6 is the only one of the games I never really hear people talk about at all - like people ADORE 4 obviously, and 5 kicked up a lot of talk even if it was often negative, then 6 appeared to just be kind of a black hole and then 7 came along.

Could just be pure happenstance that I never ran into a lot of discussion on the game, but I feel like I picked up the basic plot/story of the others just by osmosis.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

People never talk about Deadly Silence. It was great, the multiplayer mode was really fun. Especially if you steal all the good weapons from your friend.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

I feel like Resident Evil 6 is the only one of the games I never really hear people talk about at all - like people ADORE 4 obviously, and 5 kicked up a lot of talk even if it was often negative, then 6 appeared to just be kind of a black hole and then 7 came along.

Could just be pure happenstance that I never ran into a lot of discussion on the game, but I feel like I picked up the basic plot/story of the others just by osmosis.

6 sold like 10 million copies but also was insanely messy and had terrible fan reception so they hunkered down and retooled the franchise

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Barudak posted:

6 sold like 10 million copies

Holy poo poo!

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

it's to capcom's credit that they realized the death spiral RE had entered, even with strong sales, and dedicated themselves to reinventing the series wholesale. it's an uncommonly good bit of corporate introspection that paid off massively

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Vermain posted:

it's to capcom's credit that they realized the death spiral RE had entered, even with strong sales, and dedicated themselves to reinventing the series wholesale. it's an uncommonly good bit of corporate introspection that paid off massively

I do not like RE7 very much but I 100% support the decisions behind it and the final product. It was the rare actual right move regarding your getting long in the tooth franchise.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Jerusalem posted:

Holy poo poo!

It's like how Battle Network 4 is the best selling game in that sub series, just pure momentum built up from good will created by the games before it.

Although unlike Battle Network Resident Evil was able to recover.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Vermain posted:

I hope they do it again because re8 was not my fave

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Barry Bluejeans posted:

You can absolutely skip RE6, it's a bloated mess of a game that's so concerned with being an epic action shooter that they forgot to include any elements of survival horror

It's the best one, and also by far the funniest

RE7 has some great comedy too though

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Barry Bluejeans posted:

On the other hand the Mercenaries mode in it is pretty solid

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Jerusalem posted:

The plot, if you haven't played it (you shouldn't) is both insane, and very simple. And once you learn about it you groan and audibly ask "Really?"

RE6's plot: evil corporation man has the hots for Ada Wong, but is strongly rejected. So he researches a virus and uses it to turn someone else into a clone of Ada Wong, except he gets rejected again by Not Ada Wong and she takes her revenge on him and the rest of the world.

That's it, that's a whole plot. Also evil corporation man turns into a giant bone t-rex and other weird shapes cause he gets injected by said virus and it's very silly.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

the best part of RE6 is all the times I thought "this surely can't get any stupider" then being proven wrong by the game again and again. Playing it was not very fun however.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

RE4 was stupid and knew it.
RE6 was stupid and didn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Playing RE6 co-op was a very fun experience of us both laughing at how dumb the game was.