Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

JoylessJester posted:

Basically, if you come forward and say 'hey I've been trafficked and am now a domestic slave / in a work gang / working for a drugs gang ' they will treat you as a criminal rather than a victim.

Just re-announcing an existing policy then

x

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Angepain posted:

One guy in the gbnews studio frantically adjusting an old Subbuteo set to the approximate last reported locations of each player

There was a guy who used to have a tactical analysis blog for Ross County games, he started off using photos he'd take at the games to illustrate his points but then the SPL got loving weird about it & demanded he stopped, so he used Subbuteo to recreate the photos he'd take to illustrate his points, it ruled.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

OwlFancier posted:

It's very funny that they dug a 10 foot hole under rishi and took the photo from the bottom so that he looks tall.

No, that's just his crotch-mounted facecam. He wears it 24/7 along with his clip mic and backpack union jack

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Sanford posted:

Not to interrupt the very entertaining football commentary (never written that before) but was it ever explained what the “denied access to the slavery system” meant? If I capture someone who’s come here on a small boat, can I keep him? I can’t see any other way to interpret it!

Its more like 'we don't give a gently caress if you have been kept chained in a room and sold off to be raped ten times a day for the last 12 months, get the gently caress on the boat to Rwanda you immigrant scum'.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/support-for-victims-of-human-trafficking

Take a look at the leaflet, and 'your rights' part.
Thats the poo poo they are trying to take away.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

JoylessJester posted:

Basically, if you come forward and say 'hey I've been trafficked and am now a domestic slave / in a work gang / working for a drugs gang ' they will treat you as a criminal rather than a victim.

Ah right, so the traffickers standard lie of “if you try and escape they will send you to [Rwanda, for example]” is now 100% true? loving brilliant, that’ll go well.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Don't worry, Stephen Kinnock is on the case.

https://twitter.com/SKinnock/status/1634151207118807040?s=19

You know how poo poo you have to be to have the last name Kinnock and still be a disappointment compared to your dad?

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Delicious

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

https://twitter.com/scottygb/status/1634529504122077190?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Sounds familiar.

Guavanaut posted:

Powerful brain moments from Bad Eel.
Maybe my brain is just dying but I couldn't even work out what he was trying to say. "You haven't made this all about Jews so maybe you're the real nazi" is as close as I could get?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Lol they interviewed the Director General of the BBC about it this morning and instead of raising any of the points about him being a clearly corrupt tory they demanded to know why the BBC hadn't sacked Hamas Crisp man yet.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Got anti-ulez protestors out near where I live. They're all standing in a big circle in the middle of a roundabout while some shitey 70s British cars do circles round them. It is very funny that they're huffing fumes to own the libs but I would also like them to gently caress off.

e: naturally, doing this has made traffic even worse

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Sounds familiar.

Maybe my brain is just dying but I couldn't even work out what he was trying to say. "You haven't made this all about Jews so maybe you're the real nazi" is as close as I could get?

Isn't that his usual line? So a fair interpretation.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Bobby Deluxe posted:

“The government is demonising foreigners. By comparing this to the nazis, you are saying German Jews were foreigners rather than Germans making you the real nazi. Checkmate corbynailures :smuggo:

He’s a thick oval office

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

ro5s posted:

“The government is demonising foreigners. By comparing this to the nazis, you are saying German Jews were foreigners rather than Germans making you the real nazi. Checkmate corbynailures :smuggo:

He’s a thick oval office

The nazis, well known for their warm and welcoming attitude to non-Jews of all races.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Oh the other BBC thing I forgot was Dorries telling porkies throughout an 'interview' on Radio 4 where she was allowed to speak uninterrupted for quite a while and not corrected once about Sue Gray & Stairmaster General.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

JoylessJester posted:

Or, to put it another way, the government is legalising the enslavement of illegal immigrants. We're a literal loving slave state now, folks.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
You could set up a company in Rwanda to smuggle in people to the UK, allow them to be caught, and then the UK pays Rwanda to take them home again.
Rwandans could get paid to go on holiday to the UK

happyhippy fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Mar 11, 2023

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Sounds familiar.

BBC director, probably: "The people obviously voted for a Hard Garexit"

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

Darth Walrus posted:

Or, to put it another way, the government is legalising the enslavement of illegal immigrants. We're a literal loving slave state now, folks.

This combined with openly punishing people for criticising it is absolutely wild, even for this poo poo hole. I didn't think it was possible but this current Tory evolution is even more despicable than the last few.
Reaping what the last ten years of evil, selfish, entitled cretins have been sowing and simply finding new ways to make life desperately miserable for everyone not fortunate enough to be incredibly wealthy

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
As the British public get stomped on they're forced to find solace in their only pastime: stomping others

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Sanford posted:

The nazis, well known for their warm and welcoming attitude to non-Jews of all races.
Yeah, it's worth noting that Lineker said 'most vulnerable people'. He didn't even mention Jews once.

So Baddiel is making the same terrible argument argument as you sometimes see with terfs
"Your dehumanizing language about trans people sounds exactly like the Nazis in the 30s"
"You can't compare your transgenderism ideology to the persecution of Jews, that's offensive and antisemitic."
"No, idiot, your dehumanizing language about trans people sounds exactly like the Nazis about trans people in the 30s, including making up stupid scare words like 'transgenderism'."

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I wonder if, somewhere, David Baddiel is planning to present his own MOTD dressed as Ian Wright.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
Oh so David Baddiel did actually go on TV in blackface. That's a recent thing that happened.

loving hell.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Yup

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

It’s always breathtaking just how offensive that is

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
It's breathtaking that Baddiel thinks one apology tweet is enough to forgive his sins and make him relevant enough to make hundreds of tweets of how Jews will be hurt if you support other minorities

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/LaurenD2212/status/1634483040746455040

Literal Colonel Blimp logic on show there.
"Gad sir, we cannot allow a multitude of groups that refuse to recognize each other's validity, and so we must refuse to recognize the validity of all the other groups!"

Also when did 'common sense' go from meaning 'the sense which is common to all the others, allowing the individual to make empirical observations about the world around them without necessitating an unquestionable authority" to "the lowest common denominator of uninformed brainfart bullshit believed by any group of people"?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
"common sense" has been a synonym for "ill considered right wing bollocks" for decades

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Baddiel thinks that he personally is more persecuted than people fleeing war zones and environmental disasters and then getting put in prison camps.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I get the distinct impression that yeah, david baddiel seems to think the wider world is just some sort of complicated play which reflects his inner brain life.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
It boggles the mind that in the eyes of a lot of melts he’s widely seen as one of this country’s foremost public intellectuals. What a damning indictment of our cultural sphere

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

didn’t baddiel only apologise because he was filming some documentary about racism and it was a scene for it

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Answers Me posted:

It boggles the mind that in the eyes of a lot of melts he’s widely seen as one of this country’s foremost public intellectuals. What a damning indictment of our cultural sphere

Nadine Dorries is also one of those. A national treasure.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Microplastics posted:

"common sense" has been a synonym for "ill considered right wing bollocks" for decades
Yeah it must have been a very long while ago, but to take something that originally meant "a sense which I have which allows me to examine further" and use it as "an opinion that I have which I absolutely will not examine and have decided that everyone else holds too" is like them making it a point of pride to roll around in lazy thinking in public.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'm not sure that society has ever not lionised the idea of enforcing your thoughts on everybody else, however idiotic they are.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
It's funny when people who claim to be admirers of Adam Smith et al (probably the ASI rather than the actual Adam who Smithed) try that though, because he said the complete opposite when it came to identity groups and the social governance.

Some Scottish guy they haven't read posted:

The interested and active zeal of religious teachers can be dangerous and troublesome only where there is either but one sect tolerated in the society, or where the whole of a large society is divided into two or three great sects; the teachers of each acting by concert, and under a regular discipline and subordination.

But that zeal must be altogether innocent, where the society is divided into two or three hundred, or, perhaps, into as many thousand small sects, of which no one could be considerable enough to disturb the public tranquillity.

The teachers of each sect, seeing themselves surrounded on all sides with more adversaries than friends, would be obliged to learn that candour and moderation which are so seldom to be found among the teachers of those great sects, whose tenets, being supported by the civil magistrate, are held in veneration by almost all the inhabitants of extensive kingdoms and empires, and who, therefore, see nothing round them but followers, disciples, and humble admirers.

He probably used 'common sense' in the Enlightenment manner and not 'brainfarts filtered through whatever current thing I'm mad about' though.

Guavanaut fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Mar 11, 2023

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

it's a bit too late to get the handbags out for the government now, guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Jel Shaker posted:

didn’t baddiel only apologise because he was filming some documentary about racism and it was a scene for it

He'd given semi apologies before but never actually too Lee, the man he was mocking. I do believe he realises now it was wrong but it shouldn't have taken what? 15 years?

Honestly I don't really care what Baddiel thinks on matters and goons would probably do their blood pressure good by ignoring him. Now his documentary has aired he will drift back into irrelevance over time.