Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I'd like to buy Hawkmoon from Xur, how do you get an Ascendant Shard and an Exotic Cipher?

shards come from tough endgame pve or you can buy them from conversion at exorbitant prices from rahool

best bet now is season pass ranks or some intro quest chains that give one (maybe campaign too? can't remember)

cipher comes from a quest on xurs second page, grab it and run a bunch of strikes/crucible whatever to finish it (I think there's a cipher or two on the pass also)

note that Hawkmoon is mostly a pvp gun, and the roll xur sells each week is random, so unless you love it and want to buy multiples you might want to wait/ask if it's a good roll

(otoh if you're just collecting exotic guns to shoot, grab whatever, the core exotic perk never changes)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Ehh, not looking to collect, I just really like handcannons and am looking out for cool exotic ones to try.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Kith posted:

their gimmick is to constantly complain about how bad or low-effort everything is while continuing to buy and play every expansion

that’s most of your gimmicks. not me though. I love Destiny and think it kicks rear end

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I'd like to buy Hawkmoon from Xur, how do you get an Ascendant Shard and an Exotic Cipher?

For rear end shards:
- Shards can drop at the end of master and GM nightfall

-Leveling up the ritual playlist vendors (Shaxx, Zavala, Drifter) will award you a shard for your first reset

-you can convert your masterwork cores into prisms into shards

I believe you get an exotic cipher from a weekly quest xur gives you?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

that’s most of your gimmicks. not me though. I love Destiny and think it kicks rear end

i also love destiny and think it kicks rear end!!! it's why i keep playing it

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

I have nothing better to do.
It's either this, or back to Warframe, and lmao at that.
(I'll be back in like 2 months probably}

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Kith posted:

i also love destiny and think it kicks rear end!!! it's why i keep playing it

you might be Kith but you’re my kin

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I feel like I am missing something, how do you make orbs with the Vexcalibur melee?

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
What light level do you need to be to run the Vexcalibur mission?

power level, whatever

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It's light level and anybody who tries to get me to call it anything else is getting slapped with a dueling glove for insulting my honor.

Domattee
Mar 5, 2012

Its 1800 with a raise to 1790 if you're below that iirc

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Domattee posted:

Its 1800 with a raise to 1790 if you're below that iirc

cool at the present rate i'll reach 1800 around the time the Final Shape is released

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I'm mighty confused about what level you ought to be for Legendary Vexcalibur because it says the activity is 1830, but also Mettle for fixed difficulty, but also the enemy icons change from swords to skills if I use a lower level piece of gear

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I did vexcaliber solo at 1780 with deterministic chaos and it was pretty tough. Probably not too bad with a partner or two around there though.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The activity is called The Variable, Vexcalibur is the weapon :goonsay:

Tried the legendary, and was able to eventually get past the first encounter, but I ran out of time and there are no checkpoints. Not looking forward to the ones where you can’t just retreat if it gets hairy

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I actually got drops in most slots for pinnacles this week so far, so I'm slowly getting close to hard cap. With any luck I could hit it by next week/the week after hopefully.

Raid looks fun, I think my main goal is to get vex fully upgraded though. The neomuna sniper rifle is super fun and one of the 3 I like in the game so goddamn do I really want to craft it asap. Still chasing that drat riptide though ffs. They should've given the warlock robes from RoN more arms but oh well I guess. loving asymmetrical armor bullshit yet again.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Ladies and Gentlemen, We got him.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Hell yeah

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Some highlights:

https://twitch.tv/videos/1761861695

https://twitch.tv/videos/1761863620

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

Mesadoram posted:

I feel like I am missing something, how do you make orbs with the Vexcalibur melee?

When you have overshield (any overshield), Vexcalibur's perk is active and it's melee counts as void damage, so run void siphon and you'll generate orbs as long as you have overshield up. Melee kills will refresh your overshield buff so it works nicely

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

arsenicCatnip posted:

When you have overshield (any overshield), Vexcalibur's perk is active and it's melee counts as void damage, so run void siphon and you'll generate orbs as long as you have overshield up. Melee kills will refresh your overshield buff so it works nicely

That makes makes, thank ya :unsmith:.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Nightfall is so loving hard at 1770. We just got murdered over and over again so I just dropped. Is this normal?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
What’s your light? The mars battleground is probably the hardest activity in the vanguard ops playlist

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

haveblue posted:

What’s your light? The mars battleground is probably the hardest activity in the vanguard ops playlist

1770 power. Yeah that mission sucked last season too. Never got it done under 12 minutes.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Booties posted:

Nightfall is so loving hard at 1770. We just got murdered over and over again so I just dropped. Is this normal?

It is now!

They made the game stupid as hell

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

They added a melee damage multiplier to a boss with a melee slam attack, so he just one shots you even on hero difficulty. Also the boss room is full of neverending spawns of knights and thralls who also get the melee boost. .

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I am not an A-tier GaMeR person but I did several runs of the Heist Nightfall, and I felt it was fine? It's capped at -5 but that was the same as the actual Heists anyway, and it also feels like the enemy density is actually lower?

Like, I never touched Grandmasters, old endgame content in general kicked the poo poo out of me, and I am good enough at gunplay that I sit in Bronze III in Crucible, which is just short of "you require a disability aid" apparently.

But I did the Heist Hero NF several times, using Void, Stasis and Arc and didn't really have a huge issue? I can see maybe it getting a lot harder on Legendary maybe, but that tracks.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So, what are some good legendary/exotic handcannons to hunt down?

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Ace of Spades?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

So, what are some good legendary/exotic handcannons to hunt down?

pve: sunshot, malfeasance, lumina, erianas vow (not really a hc, pocket sniper)

pvp: ace of spades, hawkmoon, the last word, crimson, Sturm, thorn

crimson and thorn aren't bad in pve, hunters with lucky pants can do a lot of damage with kinetic hcs, ace of spades is pretty funny with chromatic fire

lumina is *extremely* good for pve buffing, one of the few support guns in the game, sunshot is a hoot, as is malfeasance, though sunshot synergizes more with solar 3.0

which ones you enjoy in pvp will be somewhat input and play style dependent, especially for the last word, ace is just good stuff the gun, hawkmoon demands precision, crimson has incredibly mean flinch and is great for multi kills in 3s, Sturm pairs with Drang for hc/sidearm action, thorn is strong, delaying healing can be useful (maybe less strong these days due to all the healing/damage resist/healing available)

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

Bobby Deluxe posted:

They added a melee damage multiplier to a boss with a melee slam attack, so he just one shots you even on hero difficulty. Also the boss room is full of neverending spawns of knights and thralls who also get the melee boost. .

Lol. you think I made it past pillar A of the first encounter before quitting.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

almost forgot, legendary primaries (white ammo) kinda suck rear end right now, and pulses and especially hand cannons are the bottom of that bad barrel

if you're going to use a legendary primary, use a sub or sidearm

you can get away with running a trace or glaive as your primary in a lot of situations, otherwise use an exotic - kinetic exotic primaries do decent damage and drop extra purple bricks

unless gear is locked in the activity, you can always run double green and swap to a white gun if needed

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Can you even get kills for huckleberry to be useful?

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

sunday at work posted:

Sucks that the reality of your ten year old fantasy of playing video games for a living is that you'd be a joyless twerp who ruins the game for everyone else.

Quoting this because I’m putting this on my gravestone. Perfect in every way!

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Ohh yeah Sunshot, that gun IS cool! I never finished its catalyst, though, and I hear the grind for it now is super super long?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Booties posted:

Can you even get kills for huckleberry to be useful?

Exotic primaries have a bonus to murdering redbars (except for the bugged ones lol bungie) so yeah huck is serviceable. Great gun, but overshadowed by osteo rn

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Huckleberry is fun for easy content but for the harder stuff Osteo wins hands down.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

RocketRaygun posted:

Ladies and Gentlemen, We got him.

congrats! at best I can usually clear an encounter on contest mode (though I haven’t even tried this year) so I’m always in awe of folks who go all the way 🫡

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
There are people who use primaries besides Voltshot Ikelos...? :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

MJeff posted:

There are people who use primaries besides Voltshot Ikelos...? :confused:

gnawing hunger is cracked with this artifact. lots of void shields to make orbs that give volatile rounds and orange/yellow bar enemies that drop heavy ammo.