Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

What ISN'T alive in Kevin and Kell?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

hm

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

rannum posted:

Mascot world (also the earlier thanksgiving Girls Day Out the moms and sister had that took place over the course of a morning & afternoon that involved going to like ancient tombs and stuff) probably didn't set people off not just because it was tighter paced but also probably because it involved less... everything. It as basically just the dad's misadventure. See also: No one really cares that every halloween a haunted doll fucks with the Forths (she even cameo'd a few weeks ago), or the two times Hil went into the past and met a forest giant that gave her a polaroid of her future.

Meanwhile super villain kevin escalated harder, longer and involved a chunk of the school and faculty into also being super heroes. Easy to see why it felt weirder.

I remember reading Joe Matt's autobiographical novel, Peep Show, and he did a strip about how he got tired of drawing people in the same size format, and how he craved doing extreme close-ups with oversized portraiture.

All artists need to have a change-up now & then.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Our Boarding House gets sacrificed to an odd compulsion to get a post to you before 11pm local time.

Toonerville Folks (November 1-3, 1920)

THE TOONERVILLE TROLLEY THAT MEETS ALL THE TRAINS: Oftimes when the power is a little bit weak the Skipper may load on more passenger weight than the car can pull, in which case somebody simply has to get off and walk.

THE ABSENT-MINDED PROFESSOR-- He appears on the campus just before the football game carrying the colors of the Rival Institution!

Pin in the map for the first US election after the 19th Amendment was ratified. A record turnout and the best they could do was frickin' Harding.

Dok's Dippy Lack of Market Research (August 15, 1914)

Little Lefty (March 3-5, 1938)

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

everyone wear hats now posted:

(Double) The Creeps

I feel seen

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

TMI dad

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Keeping it spicy.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side of the Horse

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

EasyEW posted:

Sally Forthright-In-Her-Misgivings

I like the colour-change shift in the center panel.

Anyways, in today's Blueberry: Strawfield general rat-like behavior is reinforced with him abandoning ship, or Oh wait, I guess he isn't dead after all... AGAIN, or Doc reflects on the world...

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Heathcliff

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Classic Arlo and Janis (April 07, 2001)

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

riderchop posted:

For Better or For Worse

the prices clearly weren't updated

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Fingerpori

SDP is a Finnish political party, and prior to parliamentary elections all the parties have these little stands everywhere and their barkers try to get you to engage and pick out a candidate, or to remind you of your candidate's voting number if you already have one.

And the other guy is the notorious pervert in Fingerpori and there is a humorous misunderstanding.

E:

Zereth posted:

Voting number?

Yes, in Finnish elections all candidates are assigned a number and when you vote, you write in that candidate's number.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Mar 11, 2023

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Fingerpori

SDP is a Finnish political party, and prior to parliamentary elections all the parties have these little stands everywhere and their barkers try to get you to engage and pick out a candidate, or to remind you of your candidate's voting number if you already have one.

And the other guy is the notorious pervert in Fingerpori and there is a humorous misunderstanding.

Voting number?

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nancy 1943

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (Mar. 11, 1956)

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Strontium posted:

Daddy Daze

A rare good Daddy Daze. It's because the baby's offscreen.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 3/10/03

RIP Fred Rogers, Feb. 27, 2003.

Stephen Collins

Brenda Starr 7/24-26/50

Smokey Stover 5/31/53

Everyday Movies 3/14/36

"Harry, be sure to deduct 69 cents for this alarm clock on the grounds that you use it for business purposes."

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 1/20-22/41

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Zereth posted:

Voting number?

Yes, in Finnish elections all candidates are assigned a number and when you vote, you write in that candidate's number.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Slylock Fox

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
My big fear with crabgrass officially going weird sometimes is that it coincides with Tauhid's big-ish break replacing Dilbert in many strips, and I'm worried the weirder stuff might be too weird/offputting for non-long-time readers and lead to his quick removal.

Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Heart of the City

Curtis

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Vargo posted:

My big fear with crabgrass officially going weird sometimes is that it coincides with Tauhid's big-ish break replacing Dilbert in many strips, and I'm worried the weirder stuff might be too weird/offputting for non-long-time readers and lead to his quick removal.

It's been pretty reliably non episodic so the timing is good I bet. I guess we'll see.

I really like the parents in Grabass.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Good on you, Jeremy

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

Who doesn’t?

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Vargo posted:

Luckily I think a lot of the bad strips in this thread have proven that the average editor doesn't follow a strip for quality reasons until they get significant complaints about the author going mask off on social media. Dilbert was super weird in the first ten years anyway. I assume Adams became too lazy and safe to bother after awhile and stuck primarily to shuffling the office strips around Zombie Garfield style.

If there are Dilbert Diehards they'll find their way to Adams and his uncensored magnum opus online if they haven't already boycotted print for daring to silence a visionary. :haw:

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Powered Descent posted:

The Family Circus

Ah, yes. I, too, often work out in khakis and loafers.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

Ah, yes. I, too, often work out in khakis and loafers.

Loafers, no, but have you never seen a middle aged guy go into the gym with khakis and a polo, usually with new balances on? It's weird but it exists.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Retail

Popcom

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

This is bullshit

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Dang that's good.
This is already a piss joke and I refuse to do the lazy cartoonist's work by fixing the erroneous label on the jar.

Hwurmp posted:

This is bullshit
That's a mean thing to call Slylock Fox and Cassandra Cat's daughter.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
1980 comics

Dick Tracy

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Computoon: Origins

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Mutts

Sally Forth

Moo (March 13, 1976)

Miss Peach (August 26, 1989)

Crankshaft

Mutt and Jeff

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (October 11, 1939)

Out Our Way (April 14-16, 1941)

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Even for 2005, that is some old tech

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

The Phantom

"Even the 'marry Savanna and have kids' stuff? gently caress!"

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Murdstone posted:

Rex Morgan MD

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Murdstone posted:

The Phantom

Forgot to put the little "* In the Bandar tongue" box at the bottom.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

It's called Arlo and Janis.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Mercury Hat posted:

It's called Arlo and Janis.

drat, you beat me to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Goddamn. In the US we can barely cope with filling in a bubble.

Luann

What kind of maniac opens an envelope like that?

Gil Thorp

Home Free