Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Half of you sound like people who got bullied by the art kids in high school lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

Caesar Saladin posted:

Its crazy how cheap used games used to be during the 360 era. I used to go and take a look in the used section and find some good B-level game like Wolverine Origins for 16 bucks. They barely even mark down used games anymore.

On the opposite end of things, I recently found a second hand copy of After Burner for the Sega Master System my mum bought in 1991 for what the stickers on it says was AUS$50, which according to an inflation calculator is around AUS$107 (around US$70) in todays money. Thank god for video rental stores existing at the time.

Redezga fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Mar 11, 2023

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

syntaxfunction posted:

Half of you sound like people who got bullied by the art kids in high school lmao

naw they're weird IT guys, and artistic expression is so far out of their reach that they're mad about it existing

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Caesar Saladin posted:

naw they're weird IT guys, and artistic expression is so far out of their reach that they're mad about it existing

I didn't ask to be born
also I spent 13 years as a gravedigger

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Gaius Marius posted:

So you think that the point of being an artist is to be famous, not to express something or create a work of beauty? Even using the phrase "make it" is disgusting.

ngl if i couldn't make money from it then i wouldn't try to create a work of beauty or self expression. in a perfect world i would do it in the void in a heartbeat, but in our selfish reality, man's gotta eat

BounceBanana
Feb 3, 2021
I didn't even know there were kids in school considered art kids. They were probably just lumped in with the band geeks or jocks I guess.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I was a band geek

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I was a disgusting shitboy

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
i was a band geek that got to play trumpet in shopping malls during Christmas AND an art kid.

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

syntaxfunction posted:

Art is great and I have many artist friends but "does this count as art" discussions are the worst. To be clear I've never had an actual artist bring it up, just videogame nerds and programmers. My actual feelings on art are that anything can be appreciated as art but that doesn't stop it from being vacuous or bad.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Definition: 'Art' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope... Art is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticule, and together, achieving a singular purpose against statistically long odds.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

precision posted:

I was a disgusting shitboy

Still are :twisted:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Art is when you have a critical buildup of toxicity inside you and it escapes out your buttthole, annoying people around you

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

Art is any result of a series of decisions

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

precision posted:

Art is when you have a critical buildup of toxicity inside you and it escapes out your buttthole, annoying people around you

Art is anything that elicits an emotional reaction, so... yeah you're right

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

precision posted:

Ah, good old fart art. Or is it art fart?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

fridge corn posted:

I was a band geek

Me too buddy. I won a regional championship at the Meadowlands back in '99

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
:lmao: thinking of the people who thought Bioshock Infinite's mention of Battle of Wounded Knee was a Skyrim reference

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Outpost22 posted:

:lmao: thinking of the people who thought Bioshock Infinite's mention of Battle of Wounded Knee was a Skyrim reference

well, it settled them down, didn't it?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Me too buddy. I won a regional championship at the Meadowlands back in '99

Lol I remember we played at Giant's Stadium one year I can't remember why. We never won anything tho cuz we were a bit poo poo. Not me tho, best marcher our band director had ever seen

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

fridge corn posted:

Lol I remember we played at Giant's Stadium one year I can't remember why. We never won anything tho cuz we were a bit poo poo. Not me tho, best marcher our band director had ever seen

could not tell you why a regional championship for south east pennsylvania was played in New Jersey, in a New York's team stadium. We had Veteran's

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
only the prompts are art

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

George posted:

only the prompts are art

quick time prompts, or all prompts

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

could not tell you why a regional championship for south east pennsylvania was played in New Jersey, in a New York's team stadium. We had Veteran's

Tbf most of our comps were in Scranton, which is why I can't remember the reason we played in Giants. We did a thing a Veteran's too one year :shrug:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

fridge corn posted:

Tbf most of our comps were in Scranton, which is why I can't remember the reason we played in Giants. We did a thing a Veteran's too one year :shrug:

sure you aren't thinking of Franklin? There is a chance we were in the same band

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Art is when the guy gets the girl at the end

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

jokes posted:

Art is when the guy gets the girl at the end

girls should not be a reward.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

When you initiate enough conversations, complete certain content relevant to them, and exhaust the correct amount of dialogue options that imply you care for them, you’ll be rewarded with romance and them thanking you for having sex with them.

That’s art.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
Sex is when you kiss and maybe they show you a titty then you black out

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

jokes posted:

When you initiate enough conversations, complete certain content relevant to them, and exhaust the correct amount of dialogue options that imply you care for them, you’ll be rewarded with romance and them thanking you for having sex with them.

That’s art.

I think this post might be art

or evidence, that's the word I was looking for

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

sure you aren't thinking of Franklin? There is a chance we were in the same band

Idk I went to school in Hershey. Where were you?

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

BounceBanana posted:

I didn't even know there were kids in school considered art kids. They were probably just lumped in with the band geeks or jocks I guess.

You really should do yourself a favor and watch the classic film She's All That

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

All games are art except Undertale.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

fridge corn posted:

Idk I went to school in Hershey. Where were you?

Just outside NE Philadelphia.
We could have been friends

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Just outside NE Philadelphia.
We could have been friends

We can be friends now :)

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

fridge corn posted:

We can be friends now :)

we are friends now
:wink:

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

quick time prompts, or all prompts

the ai prompts

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
embarrassing lack of bad video game opinions in this thread

duke nukem 3d was never that good, the enemies are bullet sponges and it's not got the great level design of other early fps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
I thought Breath of the Wild was boring