Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
It's my money, and I tweet it now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

This is insanely stupid and self-defeating. If you're running Twitter you want to attract as many users as possible, because not only do you get better advertising bucks the more eyeballs you can deliver to the ads, you're also for sure selling your user data to everyone who wants to buy it.

He fundamentally does not understand the social media business model. The customers are the advertisers, the product is user data.

He thinks the product is the website and the customers are the users. That it's 2003 again and profitability is found by gatekeeping access. He genuinely has no idea what he's doing and firing everyone who tells him so.

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
he s trying to kill the site I m sure.

But watching clips of Taibi talking to congress was interesting. I kept waiting for him to call people "bro".

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

learnincurve posted:

I am not building the whole thing but this is the bottom left of musk's map

Hell I'd live there, as long as you could provide me with pottery, drama, and two types of food.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

kazil posted:

I don't think Twitter can be salvaged at this point

Are they really saying that encouraging people to vote is cheating

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

The Moon Monster posted:

Hell I'd live there, as long as you could provide me with pottery, drama, and two types of food.

I regret to inform you that Grimes helped design Elontown so there is only spaghetti

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

After tweeting this, Elon walks into a graphic designer's office: "I changed my mind, I hate this design. Do it over. Shut up I AM NOT CRYING, my eyes are just tired from looking at memes"

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Ups_rail posted:

he s trying to kill the site I m sure.

But watching clips of Taibi talking to congress was interesting. I kept waiting for him to call people "bro".

Taibbi's teeth always look like they're trying to escape from his mouth.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

bird with big dick posted:

Encouraging people to vote democrat is fraud, yes.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

The quotes are doing a ton of heavy lifting here. It is inconceivable to Chuds that anyone would expand any effort whatsoever into just encouraging people to vote. By definition, any initiative billing itself like so has to be hiding some other agenda.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

I want to live on Weird Bendy Dong Street.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

kazil posted:

I regret to inform you that Grimes helped design Elontown so there is only spaghetti

How many sauce options we talking here?

it's just ketchup, isn't it?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Close, you get the options of butter or no butter.

I say options, but if you happen to pick the one that doesn't match Elon's current mood, you will get evicted.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I can not figure out how to get that to work

I click block all and subscribe

it asks to authorize

I am signed in and says I am not subscribed to anything.

I see there's a settings page, but it wants me to sign in (again) but I have no idea what login it expects

Same

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Scorchy posted:

He fundamentally does not understand the social media business model. The customers are the advertisers, the product is user data.

He thinks the product is the website and the customers are the users. That it's 2003 again and profitability is found by gatekeeping access. He genuinely has no idea what he's doing and firing everyone who tells him so.

Yeah, 100%. And he's shown himself time and time again to be a guy who thinks he is smarter than anyone else in the room (or possibly the world) so he just ignores it when people try to educate him, or just fire them. After all he's the smartest guy in the world, those loving morons just don't understand how to run a social media website, and once he bends it to shape with his iron mind, it'll be a massive success.

SAY YOHO
Oct 5, 2021

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Close, you get the options of butter or no butter.

I say options, but if you happen to pick the one that doesn't match Elon's current mood, you will get evicted.

What's for dinner tonight? Better check twitter...

(sigh)

/shoves dry spaghetti in mouth

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

The Moon Monster posted:

they actually want wine and olive oil. plus access to Hercules

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

The Butcher posted:

I want to live on Weird Bendy Dong Street.

any one of you dorks who are still allowed on twitter could ask him to prove it

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

They're not even saying that the votes are cheating, they believe it's unfair that more people want to vote for Democrats than Republicans. It's cheating that the country has a bias against them, literally "how are we supposed to win when our party is deeply unpopular and hates everyone???" Republicans have made that argument literally every election since at least the 1980s. Voter suppression is a key component of Republican election strategy, it's not even a secret, they publicly say this all the time

e: Literally Donald Trump in 2020 on measures meant to improve voter turnout: "They had things, levels of voting that if you’d ever agreed to it, you’d never have a Republican elected in this country again"

QuarkJets fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Mar 11, 2023

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

QuarkJets posted:

They're not even saying that it's cheating, they want less voting period. Republicans have made that argument literally every election since at least the 1980s. Voter suppression is a key component of Republican election strategy, it's not even a secret, they publicly say this all the time

e: Literally Donald Trump in 2020 on measures meant to improve voter turnout: "They had things, levels of voting that if you’d ever agreed to it, you’d never have a Republican elected in this country again"

hell, even the democrats don't want new voters. What if they voted someone in who wasn't them. Unacceptable

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

They get all mad about GOTV efforts because they think the people doing it are out promising free stuff to slackers, i.e. the people who wouldn't have voted otherwise but if they voted at all would vote Democrat. They think the concept of GOTV is left-tilted because the only people who would respond to it are the ones who are looking for a handout and something fun to do on a Tuesday.

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Data Graham posted:

They get all mad about GOTV efforts because they think the people doing it are out promising free stuff to slackers, i.e. the people who wouldn't have voted otherwise but if they voted at all would vote Democrat. They think the concept of GOTV is left-tilted because the only people who would respond to it are the ones who are looking for a handout and something fun to do on a Tuesday.

Obama had a good GOTV effort, then mittens made narwal and it failed because the whole campaign was a girft.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It’s true I will only vote if I get a sticker, no real point otherwise

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Elon u should just buy the US govt. 🤣🤣🤣

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Republicans hate GOTV for the same reason that they love the Senate and electoral college. "Most people don't want to vote for us, if more people vote then we'll lose every election!" "If there was only proportional representation then we wouldn't be able to tell everyone else what to do!!!"

e: The Republican Party is a bunch of old white people who would gladly turn the country into a dictatorship so long as they were the ones giving the orders

QuarkJets fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Mar 11, 2023

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I know this has nothing to do with the current conversation, just really want to post it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9dmoT9AfoI
That technically got to number 1 in the UK singles chart because it was the B-side of 'The Chicken Song' (which did get to number 1).

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

kazil posted:

Elon u should just buy the US govt. 🤣🤣🤣

he aleady owns it. Why do you think California says no gas cars after 2030. Does that sound realistic to you?

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
Parks, public spaces? Who needs them when we can go high density housing estate. Kids should be learning to code, not playing.

It’s too blurry for me to read but can anyone make out what this line is?

Kale
May 14, 2010

Feels like Elon hasnt tweeted anything other than Jan 6 conspiracies in a while.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

DRINK ME posted:

Parks, public spaces? Who needs them when we can go high density housing estate. Kids should be learning to code, not playing.

the only way in or out is the High way

Kale posted:

Feels like Elon hasnt tweeted anything other than Jan 6 conspiracies in a while.

He's just mad he wasn't included

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

He's just mad he wasn't included

Elon did 9/11

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
You'd probably need to find the original planning application to get a clear copy. I would guess some sort of storm drain maybe?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I bet if you looked, the dude who designed the autopilots on those planes now works for Tesla.

WAKE UP, PEOPLE

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Makes sense, he is angry about planes being tracked

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit

Cthulu Carl posted:

I bet if you looked, the dude who designed the autopilots on those planes now works for Tesla.

WAKE UP, PEOPLE

And it was Bring Your Kids to Work day on 9/11

The pieces are finally fitting together

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Nahh. he's to much of a coward. Dude bought a website because people were making fun of him. For $44 billion.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

DRINK ME posted:

It has ADA ramps where it crosses roads, so probably a sidewalk. It's not wide enough to be a shared use path.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Concerning

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Devor posted:

It has ADA ramps where it crosses roads, so probably a sidewalk. It's not wide enough to be a shared use path.

Well I would certainly hope not, this "shared use path" thing sounds pretty drat communist :clint:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
You just know any town designed by elon will have his tower in the middle, and all windows of every other building facing his tower at all times.