Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Republicans posted:

Rao's twin pack on sale for less than $10, limit 5. I bought 5.

Dang, I was a day early on my last visit then. I see they went on sale yesterday and I went the day before. Guess I'm going tomorrow (I need weekend rotisserie chickens anyway).

If you haven't had that Rao's Marinara yet, I don't know what you are doing with your life, but Rao's makes the best pasta sauces. Costco basically sells them for half as much as anywhere else during this sale. A jar is usually like $8-$9 at a grocery, and for this sale you get double the amount for the same price. I usually pick up 3x of the twin packs and it lasts me until the next sale.

I usually keep an open jar in the fridge and just toss a little on some chicken, maybe with a little cheese, and get easy chicken parm. Rao's also has the lowest sugar content in a pasta sauce I've been able to find, so it's great if you are trying to watch your carbs.

If it wasn't obvious, I'm a big fan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
It's good but Costco also sells cans of whole San Marzano tomatoes that make even better sauce in like twenty more minutes

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

by Pragmatica
I don't subscribe to ny times is that the one that's got like a cup of butter in it?

cheeeeesecake
Aug 16, 2003
Only 5 TBSP, just a bit more than a 1/4 cup (Yes this is a lot)

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
I think the Kirkland psyllium fiber is just orange flavoring and nothing else because ever since I switched from the Kroger brand my shits have not been ideal.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Soul Dentist posted:

It's good but Costco also sells cans of whole San Marzano tomatoes that make even better sauce in like twenty more minutes

They haven't had the San Marzanos the last few times I looked, it's a bummer.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
If you don't want to add butter, don't. Homemade is still better

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Mine doesn’t get those unfortunately. I live in kind of a secluded area, so our Costco doesn’t get all the good poo poo the other ones do. I think the most exciting thing we’ve gotten is that Japanese BBQ sauce everyone loved.

But even if we got those tomato’s, while I’d probably try and make some sauce (I’ve always wanted to try) I’d probably end up sticking with the Raos for the convenience. I use a couple table spoons at a time, so just having an open jar in the fridge and on the ready works for me.

marchantia
Nov 5, 2009

WHAT IS THIS

Soul Dentist posted:

If you don't want to add butter, don't. Homemade is still better

If you don't add butter it's just salt and :airquote: onion

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Sorry I meant like use another recipe. I always add oregano, garlic, chili flakes and black pepper anyways

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.

Soul Dentist posted:

These are never around at my Costco (Chicago). I’ve been looking!

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
They have them at Niles, or if you’re feeling spicy take a ride down to the business center in La Grange and get the 6lb cans for $5 each.

BBQ Dave
Jun 17, 2012

Well, that's easy for you to say. You have a bad imagination. It's stupid. I live in a fantasy world.

EVG posted:

These are never around at my Costco (Chicago). I’ve been looking!

Me neither this makes me grumpy.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
My Costco appears to have just gotten some, or at least they appear to have. It's the Nina brand, right? The can says from the San Marzano region. I'm gonna get a pack and see about making my own sauce.

Edit: btw, does the tomato sauce freeze well? Or store well in the fridge? That's my main issue with not making my own sauce, I only use a little at a time.

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

How does the Rao's compare to the Kirkland-branded stuff? I've got a 3-pack I'm still working through so I can't realistically buy some more just to test right now. Also def gonna try that sauce recipe, I fuckin love butter

Squee
Jun 15, 2003
<3

ShowTime posted:

My Costco appears to have just gotten some, or at least they appear to have. It's the Nina brand, right? The can says from the San Marzano region. I'm gonna get a pack and see about making my own sauce.

Edit: btw, does the tomato sauce freeze well? Or store well in the fridge? That's my main issue with not making my own sauce, I only use a little at a time.

Yes tomato sauce freezes very well, I always make a big batch and then portion it out into plastic containers with snap on lids. Just don't try to freeze a glass jar, obviously.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

ShowTime posted:

my italian-rear end family straight up makes like five to ten gallons of sauce at a time and freezes it in ziploc bags; my aunt has a whole special enormous pot for the vast quantities of crushed tomatoes and sausage and poo poo that ends up simmering all day

I don't but I really should

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Human Tornada posted:

I think the Kirkland psyllium fiber is just orange flavoring and nothing else because ever since I switched from the Kroger brand my shits have not been ideal.

Did you get the caps or the powder?

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Squee posted:

. Just don't try to freeze a glass jar, obviously.

To clarify a bit, as I learned this the hard way, you can freeze mason jars with straight sides but not ones with the curved "shoulders" at the top.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Friends, you know what I miss? Those acai bowls. Used to save a buch getting them from Costco instead of paying double for the same thing or worse from Jamba Juice.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
They still have the acai bowls at night but they're just ok? Like a half processed smoothie? I'll admit i don't understand the concept

E: at mine

Soul Dentist fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Mar 11, 2023

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

The gently caress is an acai bowl anyway
Some dumb rear end poo poo probably

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Tastes kinda rear end-a-ey

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

dphi posted:

To clarify a bit, as I learned this the hard way, you can freeze mason jars with straight sides but not ones with the curved "shoulders" at the top.

I freeze any leftover soups in pyrex, which works just fine

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

Soul Dentist posted:

I make her sauce all the time but I puree it with the onion and also simmer for hours. But I still always keep Rao's on hand because sometimes that's what keeps us from ordering takeout.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

I make her sauce all the time

Costco: I make her sauce all the time

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

Johnny Truant posted:

Did you get the caps or the powder?

Powder

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Got a new gas oven/range combo with installation on order.

Does anyone know if the gas range installers will bring a flexible metal appliance connector? Or should I supply my own?

I think for the washer/dryer they actually brought decent hoses even though I had purchased some since I figured they would bring cheapo ones. I realize this may vary between locations.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Costco uses a third party delivery/installation service, so I wouldn't expect anything other than them getting there and putting it where it goes. I've heard nothing but bad things about their appliance delivery.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Hed posted:

Got a new gas oven/range combo with installation on order.

Does anyone know if the gas range installers will bring a flexible metal appliance connector? Or should I supply my own?

I think for the washer/dryer they actually brought decent hoses even though I had purchased some since I figured they would bring cheapo ones. I realize this may vary between locations.

If you're concerned about that, it's say just hit up the hardware store and grab them, then return if you don't need them.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

ShowTime posted:

Costco uses a third party delivery/installation service, so I wouldn't expect anything other than them getting there and putting it where it goes. I've heard nothing but bad things about their appliance delivery.

do not ever hire any third party service from Costco

it's literally just some gig app service

just ask what their warranty is for the install, it's going to be like 72 hours or 10 days or some insane poo poo like that

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Is there some particular deal on TVs right now? I have never bought one and my wife is asking about it

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
My electric range install through Costco went perfectly. Clean install, Level, they moved the old one out to my garage per my request so I could sell it, and installed the anti tip foot.

Varies by regions but I'd say at least try it once.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I just got a gas range from Lowe’s and the thing leaks gas from the top lol we didn’t realize for a week because there is some work getting done on the house and we didn’t live here.

Called Lowe’s and they were like “sorry the return window is 48 hours contact the mfg for warranty support”

lol

Hopefully the microwave we also bought works because gently caress us if it doesn’t lmao

Should have gone with Costco.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

MarcusSA posted:

I just got a gas range from Lowe’s and the thing leaks gas from the top lol we didn’t realize for a week because there is some work getting done on the house and we didn’t live here.

Called Lowe’s and they were like “sorry the return window is 48 hours contact the mfg for warranty support”

lol

Hopefully the microwave we also bought works because gently caress us if it doesn’t lmao

Should have gone with Costco.

This is what chargebacks are for.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Just want to give a shout-out to the Sara Lee hot dog buns, always good and a huge deal at 16 for $3.

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

MarcusSA posted:

"The thing we sold you is leaking explosive gas, but you're outside a return window" is a pretty loving bold move. Did you talk to anyone in management? Installing appliances in places being remodeled where they won't be immediately used is not exactly a rare occurrence for a place like Lowes. I would agree that a chargeback is appropriate if you can't get some action on it from them.

OmniCorp
Oct 30, 2004

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bigman.50grand
Mar 31, 2007
no
Most (if not all) of my electronics/appliance purchases in the past year or 2 have come with inserts from the manufacturer along the lines of DO NOT RETURN TO STORE CONTACT [MANUFACTURER] FOR SERVICE.

I think manufacturers are trying to circumvent retailer's restock or return fees and retailers are happy to oblige since they don't have to float the financial cost of running a repair/replacement service. GL with your leak!

Tangently related, Costco delivery and install service is a total crap shoot. My parents bought a fridge/range/microwave/dishwasher set 2 years ago from Costco. Delivery and install was fine, but it took a separate service two weeks to come pick up the old appliances.

My MiL bought a bathroom vanity a year ago through Costo. The delivery guys showed up and set it in front of her garage. She asked them to set it inside the garage instead. One walked away and literally told her "move it yourself you loving bitch." All because she asked them to roll the thing 10 more feet over flat ground on a furniture dolly. The other guy apologized profusely and helped her move it inside.

And yet, Costco still has that Rao's, $1.50 hot dog & soda (with free refill), and two g's kimchi. Blessed are those who partake of Church's sustenance. Cursed are those who partake of Church's missionaries (3rd party contactors).