Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

Riptor posted:

Spotted a clumsy portmanteau in the wild

What a sniveling worm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

The Human Cow posted:

What a sniveling worm.

Hopefully the driver isn't drunk off Vermouth.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Huh well that’s not someone I ever expected to guest on the show. Looking forward to this one!

Totally should’ve booked Weed Seinfeld too.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Stars are back, baby!

Also finally got around to the Lisa Gilroy episode a few weeks back, holy crap that was fantastic.

kdrudy fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Feb 27, 2023

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

EL BROMANCE posted:

Totally should’ve booked Weed Seinfeld too.

You are correct. drat, what a missed shot.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Pretty solid Gary Marshall

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I’m sad there were no Star Trek questions.

Also that guy has a great radio voice

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
Send Help; Trapped in Stupid Factory
https://twitter.com/ScottAukerman/status/1631327736982802433?s=20

This hasn't appeared in my feed yet but I guess it's a bonus ep?

edit: VVVV it's on cbbworld now!

TheWevel fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Mar 2, 2023

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

TheWevel posted:

https://twitter.com/ScottAukerman/status/1631327736982802433?s=20

This hasn't appeared in my feed yet but I guess it's a bonus ep?

This didn't show up in my subscription feed, but when I went to the CBB show list it was there.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

A bonus ep? In this economy?

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

:siren: Gil Ozeri guest alert :siren:

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

The man bat 100 last year, and by god he's already on track to do the same this year.

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006
Bruba go do.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Does the audio on todays sound weird to anyone else?

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
Send Help; Trapped in Stupid Factory

EL BROMANCE posted:

Does the audio on todays sound weird to anyone else?

Seems like it got uploaded in a lower than normal bitrate, like 96kbps. Sounded bad in my car.

Given the amount of hilarious technical issues that have happened since they moved into Scott's basement, I bet Scott screwed something up.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.

Mollymauk posted:

Bruba go do.

Another home run, the man is unstoppable.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

New Walton and Hey Randy this week, we're too blessed.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
This week's College Town was also fantastic; Betsy Sodaro and Mano Agapion were the guests playing witches who run the local occult bookstore. They had crazy voices, crazy energy, and unsurprisingly always made the weirdest/grossest possible choices for their characters. Plus more of the usual Seth and Erin asking each other earnest questions with only the gossamer veneer of their characters on top, which is what really makes the show special. ("Do you know anybody who's been to an orgy?" "...I thought I did, but then I remembered that's a book I'm reading." "I know some people who went to one; afterwards they really just wanted to talk about, like, the bad food that was there. The gross crudités platter that the host had set out.")

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I'm only 10 minutes in but Tim seems really full of beans (in a good way) for this one

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
"Bruba go do" is the funniest possible series of sounds in English.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
We've had glimpses of Seth Morris and Erin Whitehead being a great combo over the years but I love that we have a whole show for it now. They're amazing at getting weird with it but not in a try hard kind of way. Erin especially just is

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Gil Ozeri has been absolutely on fire since Dr Sweetchat. Bruba go do is one of the funniest bits I've ever heard on CBB, even reading that phrase makes me laugh.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

SunshineDanceParty posted:

We've had glimpses of Seth Morris and Erin Whitehead being a great combo over the years but I love that we have a whole show for it now. They're amazing at getting weird with it but not in a try hard kind of way. Erin especially just is

Wait, what's this?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

feedmyleg posted:

Wait, what's this?

College Town on CBB World. It had a shaky start but it has really found its footing (basically once Seth and Erin decided their characters should be "Themselves, but slightly weirder")

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.

Live At Five! posted:

Gil Ozeri has been absolutely on fire since Dr Sweetchat. Bruba go do is one of the funniest bits I've ever heard on CBB, even reading that phrase makes me laugh.

I feel bad because CBB is primarily an improv show, but my favorite bits tend to be pre-recorded skits. Victor’s podcast, Dr Sweetchat, Who Said It…

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Dr sweetchat wasn't pre-recorded, but I understand your point. Ozeri's characters are him plugging in a loud machine and nobody else can say anything. And it's good!

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Gil's poo poo is very prepared but everyone's reactions to it is still part of the improv. Tht funniest was Gabriel Sardinas because everyone was actively working against Gil doing the bit at first but he still pushed it through and won everyone over.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
[Distorted so that it's almost unintelligible] what about a football, genius?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I want Gil to come back for a second go as Joe Pinions, but this time let him plug his sound board into the mixer

Oh, he said it!

grah
Jul 26, 2007
brainsss
I didn't really care for most of Gil's appearances because of how much he takes over the show and makes his bit the only thing happening. His last appearance was really drat funny though and I am walking around saying 'bruba go do, extra wet' to myself so, land of contrasts I guess.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
It is good that he's the C guest, and the other guests get their bits in before he shows up and takes over.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

Mr. Squishy posted:

Dr sweetchat wasn't pre-recorded, but I understand your point. Ozeri's characters are him plugging in a loud machine and nobody else can say anything. And it's good!

Sorry you’re right, I should say “prepared.” He clearly has a script he is working with and leaving room to riff. It’s so funny and he’s on track for MVP again.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

Also the Gil Ozeri SnapChat era was so loving wild. The last arc in this compilation is beyond bonkers.

https://youtu.be/xPWR9K0HBNQ

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Besson posted:

Sorry you’re right, I should say “prepared.” He clearly has a script he is working with and leaving room to riff.

i laughed every time he got called out for answering the phone before it started ringing

bruba go do

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Ainsley McTree posted:

i laughed every time he got called out for answering the phone before it started ringing

"You know you only have one more phone call to answer?"

Besson posted:

Also the Gil Ozeri SnapChat era was so loving wild. The last arc in this compilation is beyond bonkers.

I have questions, and most of them are about the watermelon bit

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Mar 12, 2023

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Besson posted:

This man is a certifiable lunatic

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

For all of the insanity of the Snapchat video, and there’s a lot of insanity, I keep coming back to the bit where he just takes a knife to his car’s tire.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Besson posted:

Sorry you’re right, I should say “prepared.” He clearly has a script he is working with and leaving room to riff. It’s so funny and he’s on track for MVP again.

He's the Anti-Will Hines.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

GigaPeon posted:

He's the Anti-Will Hines.

I was thinking the same thing yeah; I feel like Gil and Will occupy the polar ends of the "coming in with a prepared thing" spectrum. I guess Andy Daly could represent the improvised end too, but I feel like Will comes in with even less up his sleeve

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

Andy Daly has come in with poems about loving the ground so he’s certainly in the middle of the spectrum.