Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Let's go caps

L-let's go...caps....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

ThinkTank posted:

I love that a professional athlete got duped by the guy on YouTube who did poo poo loads of steroids and then said he was buff because he ate raw meat and slept on the ground.

it's almost like he's a fuckin imbecile

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Yes OP already said he's a professional athlete

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Starsfan posted:

touching trees and grass with your hands to commune with nature

That's just good advice for the soul

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Mr. Fish posted:

How the hell did we lacerate his kidney?? I'd understand it if we iced Ross Johnston but YEESH

Blocked a shot and took the puck in his squishy sides.

Also rejoice...the Penguins are insanely mediocre.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Blocked a shot and took the puck in his squishy sides.

Also rejoice...the Penguins are insanely mediocre.

In the aggregate yes but the really fun part is you never know from night or night, or even from period to period, whether you're getting the foot that's frozen or the foot that's on fire.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
if the Islanders lose tonight, the Bruins will clinch a playoff spot with 18 games remaining

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ottawa losing also does it.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Jamwad Hilder posted:

if the Islanders lose tonight, the Bruins will clinch a playoff spot with 18 games remaining

They better loving win.

:saddowns:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I honestly cant even look forward to the playoffs knowing that the Bruins are all but guaranteed the Cup at this point.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I don't think Boston will win just because the East is so insane overall. They're having an amazing year, and I hope they do win it all, but it also doesn't take a ton of imagination to see them losing to Tampa, Toronto, or Carolina.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Furnaceface posted:

I honestly cant even look forward to the playoffs knowing that the Bruins are all but guaranteed the Cup at this point.

President's Trophy is cursed though. The last team to win it and the cup were the Blackhawks.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

xzzy posted:

President's Trophy is cursed though. The last team to win it and the cup were the Blackhawks.

Yea but on the other hand the President's Trophy winner has made the Stanley Cup finals 11 out of 36 times, which is pretty good odds, and those teams are 8-3 in those finals appearances.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
I believe in the Bruins losing.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
Leafs currently in game 6-7 playoff form (unable to complete offensive zone passes).

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I’m begging the refs to call blatantly obvious penalties instead of calling them at random. The Sabres outplayed the Rangers for 90% of the game but lost due to a penalty call in OT when the refs called almost nothing the entire game. Early in the game, JJ Peterka was hit in the face by a high stick six feet in front of a ref who did nothing. Then later they called a non-existent hooking on Girgensens. loving embarrassing league.

Edit: yes I am mad that my team played an incredible, complete game and lost because of some bullshit!!!

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Mar 12, 2023

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Perhaps the Sabres just aren’t very good, and so they are always “one bad call away from winning” and so you are constantly complaining about calls, on account of the Sabres not being very good?

Kinda like football teams complaining about kickers.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
i forget who but someone wanted an org chart of the flyers so they could understand how things work under briere so i made it for you

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Been a long time, NHL thread, just checking in to see if the Habs still suck.

*checks*

Ah ok welp I’ll check back in another five years…

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

some kinda jackal posted:

Been a long time, NHL thread, just checking in to see if the Habs still suck.

*checks*

Ah ok welp I’ll check back in another five years…

They made it to the cup finals one really weird year in the last five, I’m not even joking

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

they could stand to be worse imo

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Lol Nurse is having the single worst game by a defenseman I can remember

E: [Darnell Nurse's salary is $12,000,000 and his cap hit is $9,250,000 for the 2022-23 season.

HAHAHAHAHAH HOLY loving poo poo, IM DYING

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Lol Nurse is having the single worst game by a defenseman I can remember

E: [Darnell Nurse's salary is $12,000,000 and his cap hit is $9,250,000 for the 2022-23 season.

HAHAHAHAHAH HOLY loving poo poo, IM DYING

McDavid left a ton of money on the table to stay with the Oilers and Nurse took every penny. Guy's a genius.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Devils have a chance to tie Carolina for first tomorrow

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
Not the game I expected when Murray gave up 3 goals on the first 9 shots.

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

Overwhelming millions every day

https://twitter.com/LeafsJelly/status/1634733343831932928?t=-yS2RttRnIsYicCVFafQrg&s=19

"The pickpockets at Times Square in New York don't hold a candle to what Mitch Marner just did there"

Gotta love Joe Bowen

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Koopa Kid posted:

Morgan Rielly has nightmares of Connor McDavid turning him into a pylon on Hockey Night in Canada. Good odds it’ll happen again tonight!

:wrong: it was McCabe! :owned:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Islanders picked the wrong night to suck.

:mad:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Islanders with a rough third period there, jesus

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

RBA Starblade posted:

Let's go caps

L-let's go...caps....!

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

This isn't the GDT you weirdos!

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I’m begging the refs to call blatantly obvious penalties instead of calling them at random. The Sabres outplayed the Rangers for 90% of the game but lost due to a penalty call in OT when the refs called almost nothing the entire game. Early in the game, JJ Peterka was hit in the face by a high stick six feet in front of a ref who did nothing. Then later they called a non-existent hooking on Girgensens. loving embarrassing league.

Edit: yes I am mad that my team played an incredible, complete game and lost because of some bullshit!!!

We’re we watching the same game? I thought it was pretty even and both teams played well.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/moose-jaw-warriors-hockey-suspensions-1.6775345

This is really not good.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Jonathan Quick had a shutout against Carolina lol

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

The cool and fun thing about kicking the poo poo out of the Oilers is that it allows Edmonton media to stew on more wild loving takes about how the lovely team will somehow become good for the playoffs

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

Bolstering national faith

Overwhelming millions every day

Tavares, Matthews, Marner and Nylander all had a goal last night

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

yeah it's confusing that it's something that is apparently "not criminal" in nature but a violation of team rules.. and also involves 16 year old players being suspended for the rest of the season, but a relatively light suspension for the manager and coach (5 regular season games is a slap on the wrist in my opinion).

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

eXXon posted:

:wrong: it was McCabe! :owned:

Morgan Rielly’s number is 44

McDavid didn’t actually get behind the defence this time so it was only a half break

Half of 44 is 22, which is McCabe’s number

:tinfoil:

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

The Dirty Burger posted:

Jonathan Quick had a shutout against Carolina lol

twas incredibly funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Lessail posted:

twas incredibly funny

Carolina could not stop punching themselves in the dick.