Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

battle network 4 also had a noticeably worse translation than the rest of the series

i wonder why that game was such a disaster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Rushed out to capitalise on success, like I said, but at the same time they were trying to get really innovative with game systems and external hardware interactions, it was the first game where they were going in on the two versions thing from the beginning of development, they didn't have any obvious story hooks to pick up from since BN3 wrapped up so conclusively, and they were redoing all the overworld graphics in a new style. There were spinoffs around that time that would have taken up time and mental energy too, like 4.5 Real Operation. I wondered for a moment whether it was being pushed out for an anniversary year like Sonic 06, but nah, the 15th anniversary had come and gone by then.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Apparently recent resident evil demos have had time limits? (Not REmake4 thankfully)
That’s kinda funny

Remind me of a big electronics store that I used to go to, that had game demo stations set up, they’d automatically reset the consoles after like five minutes. So I tried ocarina of time, and after the cutscenes I’d only have time to have Link roll once or twice before the game reset again

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Evil Kit posted:

RE6's plot: evil corporation man has the hots for Ada Wong, but is strongly rejected. So he researches a virus and uses it to turn someone else into a clone of Ada Wong, except he gets rejected again by Not Ada Wong and she takes her revenge on him and the rest of the world.

That's it, that's a whole plot. Also evil corporation man turns into a giant bone t-rex and other weird shapes cause he gets injected by said virus and it's very silly.

:crossarms:

That is.... something. :stare:

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Jerusalem posted:

:crossarms:

That is.... something. :stare:

Oh sorry, I forgot to mention Sherry Birkin and Jake Wesker ( Alfred Wesker's son whose blood will help create the vaccine since he's immune to it) are off on their own adventure somewhere with sweet kung-fu and a very anime confrontation on a grate bridge over a pit of lava with Not Nemesis.

And someone named after Chris Redfield and who looks oddly like him also exists in the game. His companion dies horribly and is never seen from again thankfully in the series.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SaX1yT2Uu4

Fun fact: This particular Nine-ball is from Fromsoft's Not Super Robot Wars, starring Gundam, a Super Robot War, Armored Core, and some other bullshit. The Nine-ball references AC4/4A instead.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Evil Kit posted:

Oh sorry, I forgot to mention Sherry Birkin and Jake Wesker ( Alfred Wesker's son whose blood will help create the vaccine since he's immune to it) are off on their own adventure somewhere with sweet kung-fu and a very anime confrontation on a grate bridge over a pit of lava with Not Nemesis.

Yeah okay, feel like I really gotta play this fever dream now.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jerusalem posted:

The very best part is Not-Nemesis has a gatling gun arm he takes off for his fist-hand so he can just engage in Mortal Kombat with Lil' Wesker. Meanwhile, Leon is crashing every vehicle on the planet and Chris and Piers are playing Call of Duty, Mario Kart, Ace Combat, and Mega Man. I'm not even exaggerating.

RE6 is dumb as gently caress in all the best ways.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Jerusalem posted:

RE6 is a hoot, unfortunately it’s a hoot with a 40-hour story mode.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The very best part of all remains that Chris gets explosive amnesia from squadwiping his dudes like it's an XCOM before the game starts and Piers cures him of it by reminding him why he's so pissed off to start with; namely, that he hosed up and squadwiped his dudes. That's it. That's the solution. They also scream at each other to hurry the gently caress over to a door instead of quietly panic-whispering like the others, which fits for the guys with assault rifles and an anti-materiel rifle.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

RE6 is fun when it lets you play it instead of forcing you into increasingly awful gimmick sections. Unfortunately that's fairly rare.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

RE6's gameplay is pretty solid imo, it's just the plot where you're kind just strapped in for a long haul of... questionable decisions.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Dabir posted:

BN5: Level 1/EX viruses all game, but opening the postgame door turns the entire game into level 2, and opening the post postgame door turns the entire game into level 3. You get your full kit by the end of the game, but you still have to backtrack through every zone to get stronger chips.

this is the worst thing about 5 imo. the strategy game element is fine enough but i got pretty far before dropping it and you never really feel like you're getting any stronger

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The version differences in 5 were super phoned in as well. I don't think there's any actual differences at all to the scenarios unless I'm misremembering. You do the same dungeons just recruit a diff navi at the end.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i liked playing as piers because he starts with an anti material rifle and at the end of the campaign he mutates and gets an electricity cannon for an arm

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Looper posted:

i liked playing as piers because he starts with an anti material rifle and at the end of the campaign he mutates and gets an electricity cannon for an arm

GET EQUIPPED WITH
MEGA BUSTER

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Looper posted:

this is the worst thing about 5 imo. the strategy game element is fine enough but i got pretty far before dropping it and you never really feel like you're getting any stronger

Well 5 also has the issue that its chip selection flat out sucks. Hardly anything has any combo potential, it's all low powered and the available codes don't flow together except for S. When it comes to boss fights, pretty much everything makes them flinch. 2 has similar chip power problems, what with some chip series being 40 damage all the way up, but at least it has a lot of codes for each chip and some reasonably easily-available cheese.

Kinky Cookie Bunny
Apr 1, 2011

just poppin in real quick to say good job stux

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah, literally all this has done is make me actually want to play RE6, lol.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Kinky Cookie Bunny posted:

just poppin in real quick to say good job stux

Wjat happen

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

He beat la mulana

Kinky Cookie Bunny
Apr 1, 2011

he beat la mulana

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
well done stux

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

what is la mulana

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It means The Mulana

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

it's kind of like those dog toys you fill with peanut butter, but for gamers

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kerrzhe posted:

what is la mulana

Nothing much, what is la mulana with you?

Kinky Cookie Bunny
Apr 1, 2011

Kerrzhe posted:

what is la mulana

a game stux beat

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gaius Marius posted:

It means The Mulana

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Gaius Marius posted:

It means The Mulana

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
I have no confirmation on if stux did or did not beat the hell temple so I must hold off on my final judgment for now.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Let's get down to business! To defeat the Huns!

HWAH

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I don’t got no time to play around, what is this

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Who is that girl I see?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Dang Pentiment owns huh

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i love that they could have named the character Delilah like a normal video game company but ASW said, "no."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79fZGkcI4Yc

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Kerrzhe posted:

i love that they could have named the character Delilah like a normal video game company but ASW said, "no."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79fZGkcI4Yc

Delilah is not the character

The bed is the character

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
It's like Donovan from Vampire Hunter/Night Warriors. Delilah's just the little girl that follows the fighter around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Good to see Boston Brand getting more work