Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Richard Wolff is turbo Will

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

PostNouveau posted:

Will's interpretation of Tar is (I'm being charitable here) really, really loving stupid.

I do like the idea of the movie being a collapsing masturbatory fantasy like Mulholland Drive, though there isn’t a tremendous amount of textual support for it. I don’t know, I think people just struggle with how goofy that movie gets in the last act.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I don't know, if you look at how fast powerful people deteriorate once blood is in the water it's not really that unrealistic

I do think his theory is nonsense but 'collapsing fantasy' is at least a little more interesting than the Ferris Bueller is Cameron's hallucination-rear end 'she hit her head and the entire ending is a dream' theories floating around

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Wolfsheim posted:

I don't know, if you look at how fast powerful people deteriorate once blood is in the water it's not really that unrealistic

Tar is also a constructed persona requiring a lot of help that she never acknowledges but that all disappears when she gets canceled. Without all the people around her, she's a mess, and the signs of it are laid out well throughout the beginning of the film.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Flew too close to the sun

https://twitter.com/calebecarma/status/1634295623582195712

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Amazing that that’s what it took

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Yeah seriously, if you had been paying even slight attention to what Based Rod was writing, you would know it would end this way

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
He can finally go on Chapo now.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

FlamingLiberal posted:

Yeah seriously, if you had been paying even slight attention to what Based Rod was writing, you would know it would end this way

i have the gift of prophecy. i can foresee events that are incredibly likely to occur.

uber_stoat posted:

there's probably some Thiel-ghoul assigned to monitor Rod's posting and shoot him with a tranq dart if he starts talking about penises. "he what? echidna? loving hell, go get him."

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
It's the end of an incredible era

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
The finest Orthodox Conservative, done in by a primitive root weiner.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Between SVB crashing, Rod losing his original meal ticket, Musk firing the single based techbro and then re-hiring him in a hurry so as not to be eaten alive by lawsuits, and a blob-like lt. Governor caught stanning a twink rentboy, the pod is really spoile dfor choice this monday, huh

Action Serious
Feb 2, 2009

Sephyr posted:

Between SVB crashing, Rod losing his original meal ticket, Musk firing the single based techbro and then re-hiring him in a hurry so as not to be eaten alive by lawsuits, and a blob-like lt. Governor caught stanning a twink rentboy, the pod is really spoile dfor choice this monday, huh

It’ll be a movie episode.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Sephyr posted:

a blob-like lt. Governor caught stanning a twink rentboy

wait, what happened here?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Chakan posted:

wait, what happened here?

https://twitter.com/nc5philwilliams/status/1634175039963557890?s=46&t=6zcUsd-ZSTIBW6hHT2ET3w

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Literally looks like he’s five seconds away from exploding

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Gotta have some empathy for this guy. I also like to make posts on the internet to help people.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

if you're 79 years old, you should not be in power. I'm sorry to all the old people on here, but you gotta just accept that these are your years for chilling and gassing up 20 year old twinks NOT serving as lt. governors.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Nucleic Acids posted:

Amazing that that’s what it took

Also not shutting the gently caress up about gay/trans people, which is one of the boys' big takes on the far-right shitheads that they come off as super weirdos to normal people by being obsessed about that stuff.

https://twitter.com/calebecarma/status/1634301037661093890

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

PostNouveau posted:

Also not shutting the gently caress up about gay/trans people, which is one of the boys' big takes on the far-right shitheads that they come off as super weirdos to normal people by being obsessed about that stuff.

https://twitter.com/calebecarma/status/1634301037661093890

I hope Felix is right that the current GOP “going door-to-door screaming at people about bottom surgery” strategy is the massive liability he says it is because it seems like they’re going all in on it

That recent survey claiming that most people see “woke” as a positive rather than a slur is a hopeful sign

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Rhesus Pieces posted:

I hope Felix is right that the current GOP “going door-to-door screaming at people about bottom surgery” strategy is the massive liability he says it is because it seems like they’re going all in on it

That recent survey claiming that most people see “woke” as a positive rather than a slur is a hopeful sign
If it was going to work, the GOP would have easily won the last midterm, when Biden was already unpopular and prices were exploding

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Well, give it time. Going all in on "groomers" and trans people didn't work this time, but if they keep pushing the point they might succeed in turning public opinion....maybe.

I'm reluctant to underestimate the stupidity of average Americans and their vulnerability to punching down.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Well, give it time. Going all in on "groomers" and trans people didn't work this time, but if they keep pushing the point they might succeed in turning public opinion....maybe.

I'm reluctant to underestimate the stupidity of average Americans and their vulnerability to punching down.

If they would have it would've already happened I think. They've been going in on it for awhile and barely took the House when they should've won it easily just based on the economy. And it's not like they're getting less weird about it.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I have a theory that all the groomer stuff is not really about elections. It's being driven top-down from people who want to make the lives of teachers, librarians, and, most importantly, administrators of schools and libraries hell so that those public institutions can be privatized.

I know a city manager of a small town and they had a shitshow when a gay librarian set up an LGBT display for Pride Month. And what do you know, the City Council went "gently caress this drama it's too much of a pain in the rear end to stick up for the library" and turned over management to a private company to get out of having to make decisions.

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Mar 12, 2023

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I mean that is a part of it, but they want this to be part of GOP policy going forward

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 59 minutes!
I'm genuinely surprised that he was getting paid six figures to just publish unedited posts whenever he felt like it. Who wouldn't spiral downward in those circumstances? He's the Martin Luther of repressed homosexuality.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Sephyr posted:

top that off with Jordan Peterson :nws: going the hell off :nws: and the weekend isn't even over yet!

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

did the guest say "breaking away" (1979)? need to make sure i add the right one to my chapo watchlist

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Rhesus Pieces posted:

top that off with Jordan Peterson :nws: going the hell off :nws: and the weekend isn't even over yet!

Someone needs to send him a Goatse jpeg and tell him it's a 'reverse woke birthing' procedure being used in every public school. He'd not only buy it, he'd collapse on camera weeping about butt babies.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

For anyone who doesn’t watch the interview: https://twitter.com/Kaylan_TX/status/1634348651391623172?s=20

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Dude ate that the strawberry version of that Wonka gum.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
Who is he, Mr. Rand McNally?
I had I dream that mystery was me. Now who else could I be?
I dreamed I went to England and met the spice girls there for tea
They lost one more they're down from four to my favorite number three
But they're still quite spicy as the orange flavor
And oh so nice to do me the favor and lick my icing under the table now
But I gotta leave town mr. Nally, just as scary spice was about to go down on me
And don't ask how mr. Nally and give up the towel mr. Nally and run.
I dreamed I went to Singapore got bored and robbed a liquor store
What for? Nobody knows I only took a couple of Marlboros
Oh but that was all they needed and the criminal was soon defeated
And now in jail I'm waiting for my punishment of caining
So I gotta think fast mr nally watch your rear end, wake up and laugh and run
Better Mr run, mr rand, mr mac, mr nally
Mr run, mr man, you got the knack for the rally And run.
I had a chance to visit the north pole but it was way too cold to smoke
Oh my nose was freezing I should could use some coughing and wheezing
So I tried it anyway and the place went up in flames
How was I suppose to know you could catch fire to the snow
Oh lord way to go mr nally, way to go, now you're melting the poles mr nally so run.
I jumped ship in NYC and headed south to Washington DC
Didn't think I'd go there but played some shows there fancy lucky me
But it is really slow there with our new president on TV
Too many politicians and liberal Christians they're all set out for me
Singing cast your vote mr nally, castrate your vote, no you don't, just run
I thumbed a ride across the prairie, I got hitched in Vegas, yep, I got married
To a lady who loved me she thought it's be funny to gamble all my money
And I got stranded without my clothes, a little bit of fear and loathing heart attack
I got chased by the rat pack once in a flashback. Singing viva Las Vegas.
I settled down in San Diego and smoked a joint with java joe
And with a grin he took me in spilling coffee on his chin
And I played my show there and I met my bros there
And with my throw pillow they kindly let me make my bed there
There's one more thing before I go there's never been any place like this home

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

The Pentagon is blasting animals with microwaves to try to make Havana syndrome real lmao

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/03/09/pentagon-funding-experiments-animals-havana-syndrome-00086393

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

KoRMaK posted:

did the guest say "breaking away" (1979)? need to make sure i add the right one to my chapo watchlist

"Breaking the Waves" by Von Trier, I think

Greg12
Apr 22, 2020
Breaking Away is more of an Amber movie

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Action Serious posted:

It’ll be a movie episode.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

COPE 27 posted:

The Pentagon is blasting animals with microwaves to try to make Havana syndrome real lmao

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/03/09/pentagon-funding-experiments-animals-havana-syndrome-00086393

quote:

But advocates say testing on animals with brains similar to humans is necessary to help the people affected. The fact that DoD is conducting this research indicates that officials already have “extremely solid science,” including computational modeling, backing up the theory that radio frequency exposure could be behind the Havana Syndrome, said the former intelligence official.

“You don’t get approval for animal testing unless the science is there. … You’ve already proven out that the science is correct and exists, and now you are looking at the biological impacts that can’t be modeled and you need a specimen to determine what it does biologically,” the former official said.

Your science is bullshit, leave the ferrets alone.

Deadliest Warrior had computational modeling to show that vampires were stronger than zombies.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Deadliest Warrior had computational modeling to show that vampires were stronger than zombies.

Sounds like solid science to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

PostNouveau posted:

Sounds like solid science to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAcO4GZ7x24

They have a doctor there saying doctor stuff. You can't deny the expertise.