Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pasha
Nov 9, 2017
Dungeons of Aether

From the store page posted:

Delve into Dungeons of Aether, a turn-based dungeon crawler set in the Rivals of Aether universe. Control four new heroes as they uncover the mysteries of the Julesvale Caverns in Story Mode or test your mettle in the grueling Challenge Dungeons.

I have only played through the first (ie, tutorial) dungeon, but the pixel art is well done, the music is catchy, and the dialog is good. I find it a bit odd that the Rivals of Aether universe has had a platform fighter, a visual novel, and now a turn-based puzzle rpg ... Maybe the next game will be an FPS?

Anyway, the combat is less of an rpg and more of a dice-based puzzle. Each round of combat a set of dice is rolled and then the player and the enemy draft individual dice to add to their stats (higher stats give you more attack, defense, speed, and attack options each turn).

https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256932876/movie480_vp9.webm

There used to be a demo available, but it doesn't appear on the store page anymore (for me at least?).

The user rating on Steam is Very Positive, with 70 reviews (81% being positive reviews).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Flipswitch posted:

Phantom Brigade is out tomorrow and it feels like there is very little fanfare. The demo slapped.

Where's your fanfare about it? The demo did slap although I have too many games to play right now but it's on my wishlist.

Phantom Brigade

quote:

Phantom Brigade is a hybrid turn-based & real-time tactical RPG with an innovative timeline-based command system. See the future, predict enemy actions, and plot your counterattack on the timeline! Outnumbered and out-gunned, lead the Brigade's campaign to retake their war-torn homeland.

https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256932130/movie480_vp9.webm?t=1677606966

Star Survivor also looks cool, apparently it's a vampire survivors like except in space.

quote:

The last ship against the endless. Exterminate as many as you can, and gather points to upgrade your ship from a crafted deck of equipment and power-ups. Will your choices be enough to overcome the thousands hunting you? Survive the swarm in this rogue-lite + survivors + asteroids mashup.
https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256928150/movie480_vp9.webm?t=1675248964

I'm waiting until it gets some gamepad support before I buy though, it looks like it'd be great on the steam deck.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Anemoiapolis: Chapter 1

quote:

The most relaxing horror game you'll ever play. Anemoiapolis exists in the uncanny valley of American architecture -- endless carpeted floors and lonely malls. Escape for your life, and enjoy the scenery.
https://cdn.cloudflare.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256923275/movie480_vp9.webm
83% out of 84. 10% launch discount.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I like the concept of Anemoiapolis, but that looks extremely low budget and undercooked.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Oh boy, a game about the backrooms, how novel

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009

Tagichatn posted:

Where's your fanfare about it? The demo did slap although I have too many games to play right now but it's on my wishlist.

Phantom Brigade

https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256932130/movie480_vp9.webm?t=1677606966

Have any goons tried this? I've seen a couple of streamers playing it and it seems to oscillate between really cool, and really frustrating.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
I've been really enjoying Phantom Brigade. It's very narrative light, partially in a build-your-own-narrative way, but also in a way that may make it seen a bit empty.

Looting enemy mechs to build your own is pretty well implemented, and the range of weapons, mech parts, random perks and equippable modules makes for a pretty wide pool. If you spend a lot of time in one area, you will hit a wall of not upgrading your mechs until you go to a higher level area, meaning you'll be doing back-to-back battles with the same setup.

It does feel like it's missing a layer or two of customisation or progression - the pilots themselves are pretty perfunctory, which gets in the way of build-your-own narrative when you are more attached to your guns than your people.

Moment-to-moment gameplay is real fun - setting up and executing turns feels good, watching your sniper shots obliterate enemy machines is satisfying. The few caveats are that it's easy to fall into a rhythm and just do the same thing every fight and have it work - enemy ai and variety can have a hard tie giving you a challenge (this might change one i start stepping into stronger enemies - just hopefully not in the 'damage sponge' kind of way. Also, the turn replays don't show damage numbers (useful info) and it can only replay the previous turn - basically everyone wants full combat replays.

Learning and using the hand systems is fun - once you start getting better gear and more customisation options, you can start doing some unfair stuff. Heavy machine guns are brutal but hard to set up a good turn with, and learning how to bulldoze smaller enemies with a heavy mech is a lightbulb moment that changes the way you play. Unfortunately, melee weapons are super finicky and the combat preview is bad at telling you the outcome of using them - the game need a training dummy mode for testing weapons.

Very fun, can be frustrating before you get the hang of it (and get better equipment, like the thruster jets), could potentially get samey if you let it.

Some additional thoughts: The looting system can be a bit too safe - you can carefully take out a pilot with concussion damage and leave the mech intact, letting you salvage it for cheap. Or, you can melt it into slag with an Ultraheavy Machine Gun and still loot every part of, it will just take more of your salvage budget. Parts being destroyed might be bad gamefeel though, especially since you have to salvage your own damaged parts.
Early game can be extra tough because you have a hard time dealing with enemies, allowing reinforcements to arrive, which becomes insurmountable. Coupled with missiles being hard to deal with early (before you have jumpjets, are good at using them, and are good at managing heat while using them) you can feel a bit stuck.
"Not getting samey' doesn't necessarily mean changing your loadout constantly, you just need to go out of your comfort zone a bit. I got a special mission that sent me into a zone stronger than I was currently, and while I was there I raided some enemy convoys and got some real sweet equipment, then hightailed it back into safer waters - tense and rewarding.
The building destruction physics look real nice, and play well with the gameplay too. You can duck behind a house to dodge an AR or shotgun, but heavier weapons which mulch right through it - a bigger building will last longer, though. Towers fall down real nice when the lower part is destroyed, too.
I have hit some bugs - I'm not sure if any of them are caused my continuing my save from the demo. There are battles where you're supposed to join in with the Home Guard vs enemies, but every one I've joined I've had a single NPC ally tank as the only Home Guard unit. The Supercharge weapon module increases weapon damage and reduces its firing time - very strong. Supercharge II increases damage by ~15%, but Supercharge I increased damage by 70% - I think there's an extra 0 in there.
I have had some crashes but I think that is due to me being greedy and running Chrome at the same time and it runs out of memory on my midrange PC.

pray for my aunt fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Mar 6, 2023

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

pray for my aunt posted:

I've been really enjoying Phantom Brigade. It's very narrative light, partially in a build-your-own-narrative way, but also in a way that may make it seen a bit empty.

Looting enemy mechs to build your own is pretty well implemented, and the range of weapons, mech parts, random perks and equippable modules makes for a pretty wide pool. If you spend a lot of time in one area, you will hit a wall of not upgrading your mechs until you go to a higher level area, meaning you'll be doing back-to-back battles with the same setup.

It does feel like it's missing a layer or two of customisation or progression - the pilots themselves are pretty perfunctory, which gets in the way of build-your-own narrative when you are more attached to your guns than your people.

Moment-to-moment gameplay is real fun - setting up and executing turns feels good, watching your sniper shots obliterate enemy machines is satisfying. The few caveats are that it's easy to fall into a rhythm and just do the same thing every fight and have it work - enemy ai and variety can have a hard tie giving you a challenge (this might change one i start stepping into stronger enemies - just hopefully not in the 'damage sponge' kind of way. Also, the turn replays don't show damage numbers (useful info) and it can only replay the previous turn - basically everyone wants full combat replays.

Learning and using the hand systems is fun - once you start getting better gear and more customisation options, you can start doing some unfair stuff. Heavy machine guns are brutal but hard to set up a good turn with, and learning how to bulldoze smaller enemies with a heavy mech is a lightbulb moment that changes the way you play. Unfortunately, melee weapons are super finicky and the combat preview is bad at telling you the outcome of using them - the game need a training dummy mode for testing weapons.

Very fun, can be frustrating before you get the hang of it (and get better equipment, like the thruster jets), could potentially get samey if you let it.

Some additional thoughts: The looting system can be a bit too safe - you can carefully take out a pilot with concussion damage and leave the mech intact, letting you salvage it for cheap. Or, you can melt it into slag with an Ultraheavy Machine Gun and still loot every part of, it will just take more of your salvage budget. Parts being destroyed might be bad gamefeel though, especially since you have to salvage your own damaged parts.
Early game can be extra tough because you have a hard time dealing with enemies, allowing reinforcements to arrive, which becomes insurmountable. Coupled with missiles being hard to deal with early (before you have jumpjets, are good at using them, and are good at managing heat while using them) you can feel a bit stuck.
"Not getting samey' doesn't necessarily mean changing your loadout constantly, you just need to go out of your comfort zone a bit. I got a special mission that sent me into a zone stronger than I was currently, and while I was there I raided some enemy convoys and got some real sweet equipment, then hightailed it back into safer waters - tense and rewarding.
The building destruction physics look real nice, and play well with the gameplay too. You can duck behind a house to dodge an AR or shotgun, but heavier weapons which mulch right through it - a bigger building will last longer, though. Towers fall down real nice when the lower part is destroyed, too.
I have hit some bugs - I'm not sure if any of them are caused my continuing my save from the demo. There are battles where you're supposed to join in with the Home Guard vs enemies, but every one I've joined I've had a single NPC ally tank as the only Home Guard unit. The Supercharge weapon module increases weapon damage and reduces its firing time - very strong. Supercharge II increases damage by ~15%, but Supercharge I increased damage by 70% - I think there's an extra 0 in there.
I have had some crashes but I think that is due to me being greedy and running Chrome at the same time and it runs out of memory on my midrange PC.

Once you start hitting "experimental" enemies things start getting weirder in terms of enemy tactics. I've had one patrol just keep trying to stand off and pummel me with plasma balls outside of half of my squad's range, then hit a patrol that was 1 mech and 7 tanks that all rushed me with shotguns and auto railguns. Which made my sniper a bit harder to use.

But yes I absolutely could recommend it. Being able to slide actions around on a timeline to see when something is most useful is pretty rad.

Also the game doesn't do very well to mention friendly fire, which is a thing you will absolutely do a few times before you start really paying attention. I've shot my own machine gun off before crossing in front of my assault mech.

I really wish they let you pick which mech starts were on each mission. Seems like 7/10 times my sniper and ML platform start in front.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

PotatoManJack posted:

Have any goons tried this? I've seen a couple of streamers playing it and it seems to oscillate between really cool, and really frustrating.

I went in expecting XCOM, and was frustrated with the movement and how unclear it is how much damage will be done in a turn. It's surely stuff you get used to though, but it was hard to get a feel on how you should move and when you should wait in the first few hours.

I'll give it a proper chance once I'm done with some other games. The point of my story is, it's not XCOM. It does its own thing and looks pretty flashy doing so.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Mar 6, 2023

Fake Name
Mar 6, 2009

"Han Solo, ha. If I'm around, you don't need that guy."
Yeah if you go in expecting xcom it can be very confusing, but once the interface clicks it works really well and is very satisfying.

In addition to friendly fire being something that you'll learn about by doing, there's also firing launchers in wooded areas. That one took me a while before I realised why my mech lobbing long range missiles was getting so beat up.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Another light bulb moment is recognizing which weapons can be blocked by buildings and which weapons laugh at buildings

BrianRx
Jul 21, 2007
Is the "timeline" element of the game similar to Broken Lines? If so, does it feel like it adds anything that a turn-based system wouldn't cover? I liked Broken Lines but didn't think the... real time with pause and rewind?.. action system really added anything that was worth learning to use it. That said, I'm curious how other games may implement it.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

There is no pause and there's no rewind in this game. You are blocking out the actions for the next 5 seconds in advance. You basically have two tracks, one is movement or not movement, the other one is gun and shield. Some actions use both tracks. You can slide elements along the track to find the most efficient spot to use.

BrianRx
Jul 21, 2007
Sorry, I may have misworded that. "Pause" I think refers to the planning period between action phases and "rewind" is the ability to see where units will be at specific points in the timeline. I probably should have just said "preview" or "simulate" or something. The systems sound similar from what you described, though Broken Lines uses more of an action point/time unit system in which there is a general pool of points from which both movement and attack actions are drawn each period.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Yeah - I'm quite enjoying PB but it's absolutely not 1.0 ready. There's whole swathes of unfinished item descriptions or some basic QOL stuff that's missing.

However it is extremely fun and I'm curious to see where modders take the game too. I'm surprised by how few chassis designs there are and how non existent pilot customisation is.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I'd say it's 1.0 ready given the scale these days. Melee being broken is probably the biggest systemic issue I've seen.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I think they had planned on doing pilot level ups and stuff but it looks like that got scrapped completely.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Contraband Police is basically 3D Papers Please with additional stuff like chasing down fleeing guys in a police car and FPS segments.

Right now, it only has a 30 day mode but apparently there is a endless mode planned.

$17 on release sale. Also has a demo -- I played the demo and enjoyed it, haven't tried the full game yet.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Boneraiser Minions

quote:

Amass an army of deamonic undead to fight endless waves of heroes intent to end your boneraising ways! In this gothic-horror auto-battle roguelite, use the bones of slain heroes to raise your minions, collect powerful relics and spells, and unlock meta upgrades, all to survive King Gigald's crusade!
https://cdn.cloudflare.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256884781/movie480_vp9.webm
96% out of ~2050. 20% launch discount. Totally not Vampire Survivors you guys.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

StarkRavingMad posted:

Contraband Police is basically 3D Papers Please with additional stuff like chasing down fleeing guys in a police car and FPS segments.

Bought this and last night I arrested a guy for trying to smuggle in cocaine. His buddies tried to ambush me when I was driving him to the work camp. I gunned down all of his dumb buddies, stole the ammo from their guns, and left their bodies on the side of the road and dropped off their friend at a work camp. 10/10 would Eastern European border guard again.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

How is that game structured? Is there a story or missions or anything. Or is it just infinite border guarding

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

ultrafilter posted:

Boneraiser Minions

https://cdn.cloudflare.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256884781/movie480_vp9.webm
96% out of ~2050. 20% launch discount. Totally not Vampire Survivors you guys.

I've been playing this a bit for the last week and it's totally not Vampire Survivors, and pretty fun. You have no direct attacks, only minions, and they move and do their own thing, so you have to prioritize between avoiding enemies, moving with your minions for protection, and going after loot. At the point where I've kind of mastered the first level, so will see how it ramps up in the later ones.

My favorite Vampire Survivors clone so far is Spirit Hunters, if anyone hasn't tried that give it a shot. Like VS, it doesn't need the mouse for gameplay, which is great since some days I just can't deal with one.

OtspIII
Sep 22, 2002

Prophet of Nixon posted:

I've been playing this a bit for the last week and it's totally not Vampire Survivors, and pretty fun. You have no direct attacks, only minions, and they move and do their own thing, so you have to prioritize between avoiding enemies, moving with your minions for protection, and going after loot. At the point where I've kind of mastered the first level, so will see how it ramps up in the later ones.

My favorite Vampire Survivors clone so far is Spirit Hunters, if anyone hasn't tried that give it a shot. Like VS, it doesn't need the mouse for gameplay, which is great since some days I just can't deal with one.

The dev for Boneraisers, Caiysware, is also super prolific and makes a lot of really interesting small games. Spirits Abyss is probably my favorite, but they've also done stuff like Skelly Selest and Straimium Immortaly. Their games tend to be pretty weird, stylized, and opaque, but also really fun if you take the time to dive into them.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

How is that game structured? Is there a story or missions or anything. Or is it just infinite border guarding

I only played for a bit but it looked like there was a storyline developing. Outside of the tutorial, you don't always get specific missions but you get led to doing certain tasks because for example your holding cell can only hold 3 prisoners so if you fill it you'll want to deliver them to the work camp, or maybe you'll need some supplies so you might want to deliver prisoners while you're out doing that anyway. It was like a simpler management game in that respect. You can also barter goods with customers and vendors too to attempt to make a profit and then you can upgrade parts of the border so it's also a simple economic game as well.

Most importantly, it was all quite fun and amusing.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

InfiniteZero posted:

I only played for a bit but it looked like there was a storyline developing. Outside of the tutorial, you don't always get specific missions but you get led to doing certain tasks because for example your holding cell can only hold 3 prisoners so if you fill it you'll want to deliver them to the work camp, or maybe you'll need some supplies so you might want to deliver prisoners while you're out doing that anyway. It was like a simpler management game in that respect. You can also barter goods with customers and vendors too to attempt to make a profit and then you can upgrade parts of the border so it's also a simple economic game as well.

Most importantly, it was all quite fun and amusing.

Right now apparently it's a timed story mode but the developer says there is a endless mode coming: https://steamcommunity.com/app/756800/discussions/0/3787002916503380734/

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
Here's a couple I'm looking at:

The Last Spell: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1105670/The_Last_Spell/

quote:

In a desperate move to end all wars that have been rampaging the world for decades, the mages provoked The Cataclysm. Massive balls of pure magic obliterated nearly everything. A strange purple mist propagated everywhere, with hordes of bloodthirsty mutants coming at night.

Our only hope is now to banish all magic from this accursed world by casting The Last Spell, requiring several days of uninterrupted incantation whilst a few strained Heroes try to protect those damned mages.

The Last Spell is a tactical RPG with roguelite elements in which you have to defend a city against hordes of deadly enemies.

During daytime, prepare your Heroes, carefully choose how to rebuild your Haven and position your defenses. Over the night, exterminate all the monsters coming at your walls with a large range of weapons and skills. Then heal, level up, and repeat until the Magic Seal is broken.

And just saw this on RPS: Clash Artifacts of Chaos: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1430680/Clash_Artifacts_of_Chaos/

quote:

You play as Pseudo, a master of martial arts who lives as a recluse in the strange land of Zenozoik. When you cross paths with the Boy, a small creature whose mysterious powers have attracted the attention of Gemini, the Mistress of the Artifacts, you decide to protect him, unaware that much greater forces are involved.

EXPLORE ZENOZOIK
Drawing upon both surreal and punk fantasy influences, the world and civilisations of Zenozoik are brimming with fascinating characters, creatures and landscapes. Roam this intriguing land and discover its paths, inhabitants and ancient secrets.

CRUSH YOUR OPPONENTS
Your fists and speed are your greatest weapons. Attack, dodge, stun, block, counter a parry to land a special attack, switch to first-person view to perform unique techniques: each time, it's up to you to seize the occasion to achieve victory and avoid mistakes that could quickly prove fatal.

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

Tainted Grail: The Fall of Avalon: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1466060/Tainted_Grail_The_Fall_of_Avalon/https://store.steampowered.com/app/1466060/Tainted_Grail_The_Fall_of_Avalon/

There's a free demo up! I didn't play the whole demo yet, but it seems fun so far. Kinda your basic first person melee combat, but there's room for it to be good; in addition to ye olde attack, heavy attack, and block, there's a dodge and a parry mechanic. Also, magic takes up your offhand slot and replaces your block.

Seems like it could either be trying to hard and boring, or janky but nonetheless charming.

https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256934044/movie480_vp9.webm?t=1678093970

Full (early access?) release is on the 30th.

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

I completely forgot this was coming up. I loved Zeno Clash, and I had this on my wishlist for a while.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

I played a buttload of The Last Spell early in its Early Access and it's a great game with a lot to unlock, lots of choices, and very satisfying to win. They've added a ton since other games pulled me away and I need to go back and see what's new.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008

Lozareth posted:

I played a buttload of The Last Spell early in its Early Access and it's a great game with a lot to unlock, lots of choices, and very satisfying to win. They've added a ton since other games pulled me away and I need to go back and see what's new.

I picked it up and it immediately sucked me in for hours. Wonderful mash up of genres I really like, the character/town building is surprisingly deep and the art/music are great.

I got to the boss on my first run and then beat it on my 2nd (though there’s other towns and increasing difficulty modifiers to apply) and the balance felt right so I’m assuming they fixed the EA issues people complained about in the reviews w/r/t the game requiring you to grind metaprogression. Runs are LONG, game said my winning run on the first level was over 2.5 hours.

One big thing I appreciate is that usually in the ‘hold the line vs a horde’ style of game you’re dominating until everything goes to hell and then you’re screwed. Here I’ve thought I was screwed 3 nights in a row but hung on by the skin of my teeth right up to the middle of my city. And now on my first attempt of the 2nd level, one of my heroes died 3 nights in but I recruited another and am still chugging along.

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

I got sucked way more deeply into Marvel's Midnight Suns than I anticipated, but also got sick of it crashing all the time. Would The Last Spell be up my alley?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

istewart posted:

I got sucked way more deeply into Marvel's Midnight Suns than I anticipated, but also got sick of it crashing all the time. Would The Last Spell be up my alley?

You can disable denuvo. That did the trick for me.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

cant cook creole bream posted:

You can disable denuvo. That did the trick for me.

You uh, might mean the 2K Launcher, you can't just disable Denuvo.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Decon posted:

Tainted Grail: The Fall of Avalon: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1466060/Tainted_Grail_The_Fall_of_Avalon/https://store.steampowered.com/app/1466060/Tainted_Grail_The_Fall_of_Avalon/

There's a free demo up! I didn't play the whole demo yet, but it seems fun so far. Kinda your basic first person melee combat, but there's room for it to be good; in addition to ye olde attack, heavy attack, and block, there's a dodge and a parry mechanic. Also, magic takes up your offhand slot and replaces your block.

Seems like it could either be trying to hard and boring, or janky but nonetheless charming.

https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256934044/movie480_vp9.webm?t=1678093970

Full (early access?) release is on the 30th.

I am confused. I played a demo of Fall of Avalon a couple of years ago and it was an entirely different game. Still an RPG, but built around the mechanics of the digital card game Tainted Grail: Conquest - they were originally part of the same project but Fall of Avalon was split off. It definitely wasn't an FPRPG.

Still, having bought TG: Conquest before November 2020 I already have Fall of Avalon in my library.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
This came out on the first, but haven't heard of it until I saw a Splattercat video on it.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1803600/Gone_Rogue/
Stealth/burglary game

Enemies will notice things missing and get alarmed to search, using a crowbar has a sound radius and other things you might expect.
Looks decent enough and only $12.50

Heres some gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dULIUy0Jfdc&t=436s

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

kirbysuperstar posted:

You uh, might mean the 2K Launcher, you can't just disable Denuvo.

Sure. Of course I meant that. Totally.
Genuine mistake.

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

Jedit posted:

I am confused. I played a demo of Fall of Avalon a couple of years ago and it was an entirely different game. Still an RPG, but built around the mechanics of the digital card game Tainted Grail: Conquest - they were originally part of the same project but Fall of Avalon was split off. It definitely wasn't an FPRPG.

Still, having bought TG: Conquest before November 2020 I already have Fall of Avalon in my library.

Weird. I wasn't aware of this one till it was already an FPRPG. I mean I knew about the tabletop and Conquest, but this one I only knew about as this.

Also, having played the demo, it's got potential if you like FPRPGs. It has a bit more depth than Skyrim (low bar I know); timed blocks are parries, and you can dodge. Also, interestingly, magic takes up your offhand slot and replaces blocking. The enemies will need to be more interesting than what I saw for it to be a good game, and it could use more overall polish.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay

istewart posted:

I know nothing about marvel game, but The Last Spell slaps so far, I just beat the first zone.

It helps that the band that did the OST "The Algorithm" is one of my top 10 favorite bands, but I had it wishlisted before that.

I can see myself playing it on some sort of challenge mode once I unlock everything beat it and learn how to do things even more optimally.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
I never played Midnight Suns either (it's on my list) but if you're remotely a fan of similar genres, The Last Spell is great. The only caveat is that games are insanely long and need to be spread over multiple sessions... more like starting a civ game than a slay the spire or hades run. I lost on the boss of the 2nd level (which is TWELVE days, not seven like the first one) and my timer was just shy of 7 hours. For the later waves, between production and battle phases I was spending 45min-hour on just one day/night. I just needed 1 more goddamn turn to win too. The boss's final phase spawned outside of melee range and of course my sole melee trucker was the one closest.

The game has a ton of weapons and they all have different movesets so there's a lot of learning what works, which for me means going out of my comfort zone and learning new moves instead of making half or more of my team use the shortbow. I've learned how good spear, powerstaff and to some extent 1h sword (finnicky) are, but scepter seemed like crap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
7 hrs wtf

Rethinking my purchase for last spell. I have a hard enough time fitting Against the storm sessions in right now and those clock at like 2 hrs with max speed