Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Hamhandler posted:

https://twitter.com/flasportsbuzz/status/1634633982632443904?s=20

Barry Jackson says he keeps hearing the Dolphins linked to Gardner Minshew and they wanna add a vet. safety(at an unknown level, I'd imagine probably someone to challenge/supplement Brandon Jones) and a CB.

Would love Minshew, vet safety seems reasonable and I think everyone knows they need a corner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

The other dudes aren’t even on screen when he crosses the finish line lmao. Imagine spending your whole life training to be a sprinter and this dude just walks up and smokes you out of nowhere

Also like the casual 4 foot warmup jump

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
This is like when you are texting with girl and she stops answering for a week. Making a video on youtube of how much you want to go out with her probably won't work.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

mcmagic posted:

This is like when you are texting with girl and she stops answering for a week. Making a video on youtube of how much you want to go out with her probably won't work.

Rodgers gonna send a text on Monday to the Jets “Sorry I’ve been MIA, things have been crazy, but we should hang out again when things calm down,” then never block their number and never talk to them again.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

mcmagic posted:

Jets to Rodgers https://youtu.be/a7U3wmUCe8Q

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

ooof

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Tell me he’s not enjoying this poo poo.

https://twitter.com/wokenyjimmy/status/1634774133249658880?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

Diva Cupcake fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Mar 12, 2023

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Best case scenario jets trade for him and give up a 2nd

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

A guy who totally is still making up his mind

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

A guy who totally is still making up his mind

He did mention only playing one year lol

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

mcmagic posted:

He did mention only playing one year lol

I read that as him thinking Marshall only played one year (ie, one good year) for the Jets, but I see what you mean. Who the gently caress knows lol

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Mar 12, 2023

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Could have just had Carr already, but nope, gotta go for the big name and hope that he bounces back at 39 years old.

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006
yes that's very hot and i'll deal with it in the morning

syzpid posted:

Could have just had Carr already, but nope, gotta go for the big name and hope that he bounces back at 39 years old.

In retrospect I'm not sure if Carr was ever really coming to the Jets

I would have also preferred Carr over Rodgers, for sure

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I pretty much assumed that the jets had a read on what Rodgers was going to do before Carr signed but maybe they just didn't and they put all their eggs in the basket of a 39 year old guy who is on psychedelics half the time and LOVES being the center of attention.

It's probably cause that is what the owner wants TBH.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Mar 12, 2023

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

mcmagic posted:

I pretty much assumed that the jets had a read on what Rodgers was going to do before Carr signed but maybe they just didn't and they put all their eggs in the basket of a 39 year old guy who is on psychedelic half the time and LOVES being the center of attention.

It's probably cause that is what the owner wants TBH.

The owner is right

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

The owner is right

They only way he's right is if Rodgers signs here and commits to playing more than 1 season.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
What if rodgers signs and gets you precisely 9 wins and a wildcard loss and immediately retires? no-playoff streak broken at least

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Rodgers will be a Jet

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Phobeste posted:

What if rodgers signs and gets you precisely 9 wins and a wildcard loss and immediately retires? no-playoff streak broken at least

I think a lot of how you evaluate this move depends on stuff we can’t know, ie what Rodgers has said to the Jets about his intentions and how committed he is. If he says “I kind of want to retire but I’ll play one more year for the Jets I guess” or “I’ll play on the condition that I don’t have to do anything until training camp,” for example, I think you can pretty strongly criticize the move if it flops.

Absent that kind of thing/assuming they have good intel that he’s committed and affirmatively wants to play, I’m fine with them taking the swing pretty much regardless of outcome. If it doesn’t work it doesn’t work.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Mar 12, 2023

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Phobeste posted:

If they don't give up a first for Rodgers, and the team drags an OK at best Rodgers to the playoffs, then I'd be pretty happy? Because it shows that the team can be a contender with the right QB, and they would have made the playoffs this year if not for Wilson.

I guess the dream scenario in this case is that the team works out a deal for Kyler Murray if he looks good when he does play next season. I'm too lazy to look at who might be available after next season. Cards do seem like they want to move on from Murray though.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

There are idiots in the Jets FO who think that bringing Rodgers here is going to fix zach wilson and that he'll be the starter after Rodgers leaves.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Mar 12, 2023

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

mcmagic posted:

There are idiots in the Jets FO who think that bringing Rodgers here is going to fix zach wilson and that he'll be the starter after Rodgers leaves.

One step at a time Mcmagic lol

Also the Jets are allegedly working really hard to extend Quincy before FA. Not sure how I feel about that, depends on money I guess.

https://twitter.com/uSTADIUM/status/1634925419798437888?s=20

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

That same Fowler notebook has Tremaine Edmunds looking for and likely getting upwards of $20m AAV. Guess he’s not an option if Quincy falls through lol.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The Jets are going to spend big money on a JAG just because his brother on the team. Dumb.

Professor Funk posted:

One step at a time Mcmagic lol

It's relevant because even in the best case they are likely going into 2023 with a 40 year old starter and a backup who isn't viable to put on an NFL field because they are trying to fix him and justify their draft fuckup

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Mar 12, 2023

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

mcmagic posted:

The Jets are going to spend big money on a JAG just because his brother on the team. Dumb.

It's relevant because even in the best case they are likely going into 2023 with a 40 year old starter and a backup who isn't viable to put on an NFL field because they are trying to fix him.

I’ll keep an open mind about Quincy until I see the deal. He’s too high variance to get big money IMO, but he also improved a good amount in 2022 and can keep developing with this staff. If they can extend him for like…$6-8 million a year I’d be cool with it?

I’m just going to wait and see what happens with Wilson. If he’s the backup, I’ll agree with you.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Mar 12, 2023

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I don't under why they wouldn't let Quincy go out there and see what his market is and then match it if it's a reasonable deal? He's going to want to stay if the money is equal I'd imagine.... He's a rotational piece that can easily replaced in the draft.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Mar 12, 2023

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

mcmagic posted:

I don't under why they wouldn't let Quincy go out there and see what his market is and then match it if it's a reasonable deal? He's going to want to stay if the money is equal I'd imagine.....

Because they clearly like him and want to keep developing him? If you let him hit the market, there’s always the possibility that someone pulls a CJ Mosley with him and way overpays and he’s gone.

Plus the Quinnen thing.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

Because they clearly like him and want to keep developing him? If you let him hit the market, there’s always the possibility that someone pulls a CJ Mosley with him and way overpays and he’s gone.

Plus the Quinnen thing.

Well yeah they are also loving up by taking so long to do Quinnen's extension. They should've done that during the season or right after.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I think anywhere between $7-10m for Quincy is reasonable for adequate starter who is ascending. Plus the Quinnen factor and how that will affect his negotiations.

I’d still like to draft one because they need to plan for life without Mosley.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

mcmagic posted:

Well yeah they are also loving up by taking so long to do Quinnen's extension. They should've done that during the season or right after.

Don’t these deals normally get done post FA/draft? That’s almost certainly going to happen here *shrug*

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Diva Cupcake posted:

That same Fowler notebook has Tremaine Edmunds looking for and likely getting upwards of $20m AAV. Guess he’s not an option if Quincy falls through lol.

All of the Pete Carroll tree guys want to run to run these big, bold gently caress you coverages that depend on having serious guys, and the above is one of them. They want a linebacker who can carry the #3 in 3x1 receiver sets and not have to check into another coverage. The Jets will probably be as interested in Edmunds as anyone because he's probably the best prospect for it.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Hamhandler posted:

All of the Pete Carroll tree guys want to run to run these big, bold gently caress you coverages that depend on having serious guys, and the above is one of them. They want a linebacker who can carry the #3 in 3x1 receiver sets and not have to check into another coverage. The Jets will probably be as interested in Edmunds as anyone because he's probably the best prospect for it.

You can't spend 40+MM on 2 middle LBs.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Mar 12, 2023

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

mcmagic posted:

You can't spend 40+MM on 2 middle LBs.

I mean the Jets might not be able to in their individual situation, but I'm not sure it's a blanket rule- especially not for the scheme.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1634960090280390656?s=20

I guess the Bills won't be though

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Always expected Milano to be the one who left and Edmunds to be the McDermott mainstay. Not complaining, though.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Edmunds would be a good signing for the Jets if they didn't have that horrific Mosley contract.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Mosley is for sure overpaid but that that’s what happens when you’re one of the worst teams in the league and try to attract top tier FAs. You have to overpay to get them to leave their better team. Chicago will do the same this off-season.

Mosley is still really good and the leader of the defense and the coaching staff loves him so they’re going to restructure him to lower the cap hit and move on in a year or so.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

Mosley is for sure overpaid but that that’s what happens when you’re one of the worst teams in the league and try to attract top tier FAs. You have to overpay to get them to leave their better team. Chicago will do the same this off-season.

Mosley is still really good and the leader of the defense and the coaching staff loves him so they’re going to restructure him to lower the cap hit and move on in a year or so.

It's true about having to overpay to get players but he's still a friggin ILB. It was a ridiculous contract by any metric and I think the restructure was really dumb too. They could've let him walk this year and signed Edmunds for actually a lower cap hit this year and he's a better player.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I just don’t know about paying Edmunds 20+ a season.

I like Milano better overall but absolutely understand and respect the freakish ability of Edmunds in cover really makes him coveted.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

I'd love to see Edmunds on the pats but not for 20+. Bill gets respectable play at MLB out of randos like Ja'Whaun Bentley or Elandon Roberts all the time, so it'd be nice to see what he could do with an actual athletic guy like Edmunds, but at the same time the fact he can get by means there's no point in spending that much at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Don’t like

https://twitter.com/josinaanderson/status/1634974884362321920?s=46&t=pTuu1EKHQER6yLtzvoTD3g