Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

1. The embedded video says:
"This video is age-restricted and only available on Youtube. Learn more.
Watch on YouTube."

2. On YouTube website it says:
"Sign in to confirm your age.
This video may be inappropriate for some users.
Sign in."

3. In the YouTube application you get the following popup:
"The following content has been identified by the YouTube community as inappropriate or offensive to some audiences.
[Cancel] [Confirm]"

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
well it's definitely offensive to WaPo types

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Jon Pod Van Damm posted:

1. The embedded video says:
"This video is age-restricted and only available on Youtube. Learn more.
Watch on YouTube."

2. On YouTube website it says:
"Sign in to confirm your age.
This video may be inappropriate for some users.
Sign in."

3. In the YouTube application you get the following popup:
"The following content has been identified by the YouTube community as inappropriate or offensive to some audiences.
[Cancel] [Confirm]"

:thunk:

It's offensive to the pipeline bomber community.

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Honest Thief posted:

Nah wouldn't go so far as saying chilling, friendly sure but Mark seemed on his toes like trying to impresse some elder figure he admires

exactly, and the thing about the debt being paid at the end (plus other comments) made it seem like he wasn’t impressed.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

paul_soccer12 posted:

lmao the inappropriate content warning

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
lol

UPDATE: We have blurred some imagery about 30 seconds into the video in response to a content warning from YouTube that severely limited the reach of this interview. The uncensored version of this interview that aired on television is available at democracynow.org

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
"thank you for being nice to me" lol

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Stuff like the Norwegian plane thing (and frankly a lot of "OSINT" stuff) isn't actually evidence against the claim in question - it's just "a lack of evidence in support of the claim."

Not detecting a plane/ship/whatever using some OSINT method doesn't actually prove that it wasn't in a location - it's just "a failure to prove that it was."

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
The plane carrying out the secret operation wasn't on FlightRadar 24/7 so Seymour Hersh is a liar.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

good canned ethiopia ep, better than their previous efforts to parse what's going on

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Holy poo poo lol

https://twitter.com/SenTedCruz/status/1633952123628003329?s=20

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
we may have a new winner for most intolerable interviewee

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
the georgian lady, why?

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
maybe I was just not in the mood but it seemed like just 20 minutes of her complaining about people she didn’t like on twitter. does it get better later on?

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
I havent heard everything yet but the first mins she was complaining mostly about how dumb and reactionary georgians are

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Interview seemed alright.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

maybe I was just not in the mood but it seemed like just 20 minutes of her complaining about people she didn’t like on twitter. does it get better later on?

This is Mark and John most episodes lol

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
yeah might just be me, maybe it was just starting the interview with complaining about people before they get to the substance that annoyed me.

mark complaining about twitter drama will get me to hit that 30 second skip button every time.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I’ve long liked her insights on Georgia and thought it was a good interview.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Idk, how you could avoid complaining about Twitter when talking about the NGO crowd. That's their natural habitat.

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
I thought it was an interesting interview. But I am dumb as poo poo and I don't know anything about Georgia.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Greg Legg posted:

I thought it was an interesting interview. But I am dumb as poo poo and I don't know anything about Georgia.

Me on every episode and topic

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

brugroffil posted:

This is Mark and John most episodes lol

their job is to complain about people they hate, the guest's job is to actually know things

Cletus Van Damme
May 7, 2008

Wanna buy some cheap starships?

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

we may have a new winner for most intolerable interviewee

I don't think she is the worst, but this was pretty painful.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

bring back annibale for the love of god

Falukorv
Jun 23, 2013

A funny little mouse!
What made her annoying? Topic sounds interesting

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Plutonis posted:

bring back annibale for the love of god

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I visited Georgia 20 years ago, kept up on current events there, and have followed her on Twitter for a long time. I thought it was really insightful how the NGO world works in countries like that. Maybe it wasn’t action packed enough for some.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

hadji murad posted:

I visited Georgia 20 years ago, kept up on current events there, and have followed her on Twitter for a long time. I thought it was really insightful how the NGO world works in countries like that. Maybe it wasn’t action packed enough for some.

I liked that too and it reminded me of this short piece https://branko2f7.substack.com/p/the-comprador-intelligentsia which touches on some of the same issues, like this NGO class' isolation from the public in the countries they operate in, instead being concerned with pleasing their foreign donors.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

idk what yall are talking about that was a good ep

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

adebisi lives
Nov 11, 2009
Anyone else decide to read Salammbo for this series on Carthage? I'm almost done with it and it's a fun quick read if anyone's on the fence. The characters and story don't get deep but the writing is solid and it's dripping with setting details that really make it interesting.

adebisi lives has issued a correction as of 15:58 on Mar 18, 2023

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
only partially related, but im lollin' at this sy hersh interview in contrast to ames

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ev4cMILOXc

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

crepeface posted:

only partially related, but im lollin' at this sy hersh interview in contrast to ames

I increasingly feel like the only reason Seymour Hersh was a hardass in RWN was because of how star-eyed Ames was.

"I'm doing this interview as a favour" *proceeds to give an interview to every other non-MSM source

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
hey come on, he did start his tour with ames.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
he was much nicer to those dweebs than i would have been

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

i live in the deep south, having yall priv is literally the only thing going for me

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Not So Fast posted:

I increasingly feel like the only reason Seymour Hersh was a hardass in RWN was because of how star-eyed Ames was.

"I'm doing this interview as a favour" *proceeds to give an interview to every other non-MSM source

yea i agree. i feel like you need to keep him on a tight leash, even if it turns contentious. i think rania khalek did a good job too tho it had the vibe of a favoured granddaughter being told stories by an old curmudgeon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blDRGHGXn0U

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
he's even got the posture and sitting chair of a grandpa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

crepeface posted:

lol he kinda cut her down to size a little bit there. "lemme tell you something about my country... my sources swore an oath to the constitution... not the president"