Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

ethanol posted:

top 10 personality traits for f1 driver: dads an oil baron, dads a banker, dad was a f1 driver, dads a billionaire, dad is Michael, dad owns the team, dad defrauded the investors and the government, dad is a monaco landlord, dad is descendent of Louis IV, dad is a Russian oligarch

dad is a 14 time middle east rally champion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Is Charles' passione up to snuff? Only time will tell

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

the milk machine posted:

somebody mentioned it so i'm watching the 2008 brazilian grand prix. it's good, tyvm to whoever mentioned it

Watch the 1986 Spanish GP.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

tony quidtana posted:

I think you need a certain level of sociopathy to be successful in racing, its not a team sport in any capacity other than name, the more resources you can grab for yourself is always going to benefit you as a racer. Pulling off questionable moves without contrition regardless of the outcome is always going to tilt the hand towards you since everyone else drive more conservatively around you as a result.

In terms of them driving around in high speed "coffins" I think that's pretty laughable and you are by a wide margin safer crashing in an F1 car than you are in the average road car, people seem to get pissy when I bring that up though because it shatters the illusion of "they're gladiators". I think its very questionable how well these drivers would actually do if they genuinely had their life in their hands instead of it being some very stupid fake marketing talking point, but there's no way that's ever going to happen.

The last time most race cars were actual “coffins” was the 1980s - and the spate of horrific accidents during that decade across all disciplines made the rulemakers really ramp up safety. Especially in F1.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

acidx posted:

:drat:

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

acidx posted:

Dad had wings before Red Bull was ever conceived

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
cancel every season from now until 2026

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Zeta Acosta posted:

cancel every season from now until 2026

:hmmyes:

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
theres gonna be two better races next weekend than the saudi race will be probably, and theyre both at sebring

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

speaking of sebring, bring back sepang

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

the paradigm shift posted:

can you mail me your cocktail of drugs that wipes 2021
Max was level on points going into the final race despite
- being punted out of one race by lewis
- getting half his car torn off in the next race by bottas
- pirelli QC costing him a win at Baku

Mind you it was more about Max driving a faultless season whilst Lewis spun himself off several times, than it was about RBR vs Merc.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Frond posted:

The last time most race cars were actual “coffins” was the 1980s - and the spate of horrific accidents during that decade across all disciplines made the rulemakers really ramp up safety. Especially in F1.
While they are pretty safe now I still think it's lowkey funny how giant the cars are and how they are strapped into a really tiny box compared to that.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Elendil004 posted:

Why do the teams do their briefing/team-meetings wearing their headsets and mics and stuff?

because f1 is a blessed multicultural global sport they're all listening to translators just like the united nations

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
They should force all the drivers to have one GP that is just doing Isle of Man in a super bike. Just against each other so it's fair but to weed out the weenies.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
I said it last year and I still stand by it, racing in karts at Monaco

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

if f1 continues this trajectory into america, we will soon have an nba/nfl/nascar style all star race where we do karts

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Frond posted:

Unironically this.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Sunk Dunk posted:

if f1 continues this trajectory into america, we will soon have an nba/nfl/nascar style all star race where we do karts

You say that as if it is a bad thing. Can't wait for one of them (Max) to crash the kart and then beat up his competitor with his helmet like that one dude did a few years ago

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Nick Soapdish posted:

You say that as if it is a bad thing. Can't wait for one of them (Max) to crash the kart and then beat up his competitor with his helmet like that one dude did a few years ago

So you’re saying Monaco would actually be watchable?

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Karts but it’s Mario kart doubledash style where one driver sits backwards and throws poo poo at other teams.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Anime Store Adventure posted:

Karts but it’s Mario kart doubledash style where one driver sits backwards and throws poo poo at other teams.

Ferrari gets a penalty for automating the process and just having the car throw poo poo on its own.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Arc Hammer posted:

Ferrari gets a penalty for automating the process and just having the car throw poo poo on its own.

Cars can’t throw themselves

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Sunk Dunk posted:

ROC already exists!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1A3zavl-2w

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
God willing,

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Frond posted:

it's on da list now, thanks op

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

Still wouldn't be enough room to overtake.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
RC cars at Monaco, then?

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Mao Zedong Thot posted:

because f1 is a blessed multicultural global sport they're all listening to translators just like the united nations

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://twitter.com/txtfromclassics/status/1634974766225575937

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

These Polaris things look fun as gently caress in the snow holy poo poo.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

If you go for a gap then I'm gonna ram you off the track.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

hopefully afterwards they adopt indycar windscreens and those spinny cameras

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Khablam posted:

Max was level on points going into the final race despite
- being punted out of one race by lewis
- getting half his car torn off in the next race by bottas
- pirelli QC costing him a win at Baku

Mind you it was more about Max driving a faultless season whilst Lewis spun himself off several times, than it was about RBR vs Merc.

Ok so I think I have the fentanyl dosage nailed down, but what's the rest?

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together
has he won 14 middle eastern rally championships

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Rhopunzel posted:

has he won 14 middle eastern rally championships

no but he has 14 words for you if you let him talk too long

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

the icc is probably more apt

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Is there a good documentary on youtube/netflix/F1TV/whatever about the 2016 battle with Lewis and Nico that anyone would recommend? My wife has gotten interested in F1 recently and I think she'd like to watch something about that based on other things she's enjoyed a lot.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Edge lord high school SA me would make the joke, but I’m older and more empathetic now.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

If Horner rolls a Ford Sierra after the French GP then we'll know Max is destined for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

ssb posted:

Is there a good documentary on youtube/netflix/F1TV/whatever about the 2016 battle with Lewis and Nico that anyone would recommend? My wife has gotten interested in F1 recently and I think she'd like to watch something about that based on other things she's enjoyed a lot.
I head the this one is pretty good and the parts I've skimmed seem solid:
"The Silver War" it's a re-upload cause the original tends to get nuked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxIRc1m9NT4

Zedd fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Mar 12, 2023