Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Mr beast isnt even bad its just its very artificially generated clickbait to get clicks and subs, rather than being content he makes because he likes making the content.

Its like the polar opposite of all the channels which are wholesome "i like building tables, here is a 30 minute video go me making one".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Drone_Fragger posted:

Its like the polar opposite of all the channels which are wholesome "i like building tables, here is a 30 minute video go me making one".

All those channels are now "I built this river table with 12 gallons of TotalBoat epoxy, a Festool Domino, a 10x18 CNC, and two 3" slabs of endangered elm, sponsored by Squarespace" or "The 14 tools under $50 I wish I bought (and a Festool Domino), sponsored by Squarespace"

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

more falafel please posted:

All those channels are now "I built this river table with 12 gallons of TotalBoat epoxy, a Festool Domino, a 10x18 CNC, and two 3" slabs of endangered elm, sponsored by Squarespace" or "The 14 tools under $50 I wish I bought (and a Festool Domino), sponsored by Squarespace"

Theres still a few that aren't, but yeah agreed more and more are getting roped into being glorified adverts for insanely expensive kit and gadgets.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
I was pretty much over Mr. Beast when he launched “Mr. Beast Burger” and it got spammed throughout the internet to the point where my kids were literally begging for one.

On an “order out” night, we let them have it, and it was made in a ghost kitchen in a loving Buca di Beppo. And it was garbage. The kids never even asked for it again, it was that bad.

Ironhead
Jan 19, 2005

Ironhead. Mmm.

Okay, but, like, for real the Festool Domino joiner is a game changer. I can't afford one, but I've used one a bunch.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Ironhead posted:

Okay, but, like, for real the Festool Domino joiner is a game changer. I can't afford one, but I've used one a bunch.

What's your YouTube channel?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Blue Moonlight posted:

I was pretty much over Mr. Beast when he launched “Mr. Beast Burger” and it got spammed throughout the internet to the point where my kids were literally begging for one.

On an “order out” night, we let them have it, and it was made in a ghost kitchen in a loving Buca di Beppo. And it was garbage. The kids never even asked for it again, it was that bad.

That's the only reason I even know about him, and I have no idea how overpriced mediocre chain restaurant burgers and fries with a guaranteed doordash wait time even got off the ground in the first place.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Captain Hygiene posted:

That's the only reason I even know about him, and I have no idea how overpriced mediocre chain restaurant burgers and fries with a guaranteed doordash wait time even got off the ground in the first place.

Eddy Burback, of "I ate at every rainforest cafe that's still open" fame, actually just put out a video about ghost kitchens. The answer seems to be "food service companies offer services to brands and influencers to market the same menu differently, so you have one kitchen producing the same mediocre meals for a couple dozen restaurants at the same address." It also coincided with the pandemic kicking off, so people were ordering out more.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

It's an air bnb

Ironhead
Jan 19, 2005

Ironhead. Mmm.

Zopotantor posted:

What's your YouTube channel?

No YouTube channel, but I am a professional carpenter, and it was hella sweet using one to build a lot of rustic style furniture.

Not super useful for my actual day job, but great for some side gigs

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

Influencers and their brands are stupid powerful, there was people in the uk having punchups in lidl over the stupid "prime" energy drink logan paul and... Ksi?? Were promoting. Knives even got pulled in a couple of them although no one got stabbed. People were even scalping on ebay and on facebook market place for hundreds kf quid per bottle.

Its not even good, its caffeinated coconut water that's been diluted down with spring water. Sometimes I despair for the UK when running these grifts pays better than professional careers.

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP

Welcome to the Bone Zone.

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat
heh

Le sac

RedSnapper
Nov 22, 2016

Vegetable gardening youtube is your friend, always

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

I can't get mad at people doing this. If that platform didn't reward it, people wouldn't do it - and they're paying the bills in a competitive environment.
I'm not going to watch it, but I don't think I'm (or the rest of this thread is) a regular viewer, whatever that is.
I wish there was a better functional alternative with monetization that was for more long form videos.

Planet Piss
Dec 18, 2006

hey you kids, get out of my moat, it was not meant to be played in
Crafsman is still wholesome

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

there's no mirror in this bathroom

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

You can't watch yourself
While you are eating

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

you have to get a friend to mimic your movements. remember to always buddy up when going to the bathroom!

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

Tobermory posted:

You can't watch yourself
While you are eating

:golfclap:

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Jabberlock posted:

you have to get a friend to mimic your movements. remember to always buddy up when going to the bathroom!

'Why are you screaming in pain? I'm the one that can't get the soap off in this cold-rear end water!'

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Dr. Quarex posted:

I thought Mr. Beast and L.A. Beast were the same person until just now

Same. I saw LA Beast eat a cactus once. He didn’t seem to be enjoying it.

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Well fine I guess I’ll just have to beat my meat while looking deep into some other guy’s eyes

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

i for one approve of the bathroom made especially for twins to run pranks that make people think they're vampires

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Jabberlock posted:

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Jabberlock posted:

Anyone have that video (maybe a TikTok?) of the guy doing hand gestures with the mirror but then it turns out it was just both of his hands and the phone is in his mouth or something?

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005

The one that's craziest to me is Abom79. Dude now has a shop full of at least like half a million bucks of enormous CNC machines meant for poo poo he doesn't do, doesn't know how to do, and that neither he or his audience seem to even have any interest in.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

this is probably why my aunt bought a cnc machine huh

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Drone_Fragger posted:

Sometimes I despair for the UK when running these grifts pays better than professional careers.

I got bad news about the rest of the world

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/DT4POdl.mp4

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/tFZdc3K.mp4

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

2blessed2furious

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Dixville posted:

I think my favorite part is the dissonance with the cutesy bedside tables. Also why are there 3 moons?

I'm the performative censoring so they can still sell it at WalMart.

e:

Wall Balls posted:

i for one approve of the bathroom made especially for twins to run pranks that make people think they're vampires

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBzU8TD1iks&t=25s

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Mar 13, 2023

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

That's so stupid.

Fruit and veg waste goes in the compost bin, not recycling!

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Drone_Fragger posted:

Mr beast isnt even bad its just its very artificially generated clickbait to get clicks and subs, rather than being content he makes because he likes making the content.

Surely you dont mean to suggest that anything like that exists on youtube? I mean okay, some of the cooking and baking stuff my wife watches is genuine, but then all the other poo poo she watches are just get-rich-quick schemers trying to milk as much as they can from youtube while putting out just absolute no effort, paint by numbers trash. If I have to see another video of rhett and link compare peanut butters or some poo poo I'm gonna give my TV the stone cold stunner

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
I watch people fix cars. It’s hard to phone that in

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
i watch a bunch of swedes crush perfectly fine things with a huge hydraulic press

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

i watch a bunch of swedes crush perfectly fine things with a huge hydraulic press

Aren't they Finnish?