Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

In 2020 Costco bought out the old Sears delivery company, so some of the delivery service is in-house now. The chest freezer I ordered was perfect, they even put it in the garage for me right where I wanted it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
I had a washer and dryer installed from Costco perfectly. No notes.

I then just had a fridge which arrived with damage. The installers were great though. Took photos, showed me before they brought it in, and made sure Costco service was aware before they left.

Just be aware you’ll be SOL if Costco is out of stock for a replacement. Thankfully they got more stock in within the exchange window. Second install was also great and by a different team.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

MarcusSA posted:

I just got a gas range from Lowe’s and the thing leaks gas from the top lol we didn’t realize for a week because there is some work getting done on the house and we didn’t live here.

Called Lowe’s and they were like “sorry the return window is 48 hours contact the mfg for warranty support”

lol

Hopefully the microwave we also bought works because gently caress us if it doesn’t lmao

Should have gone with Costco.

me and your range have something in common

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

tried this on friday. i think i like it? it's noticeably different from the sierra mist it replaced, seems less syrupy

jury's out until i try it a few more times, but so far seems like a positive change to me

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
I think the citrus notes generally shine through more with Starry, while Sierra Mist was straight “hide the miserable taste of carbonated water with HFCS”

I mean, I’m sure Starry is that too, but it’s better, IMO!

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I just wish they would get any diet soda at all other than pepsi. Diet pepsi is the worst.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

bigman.50grand posted:

Most (if not all) of my electronics/appliance purchases in the past year or 2 have come with inserts from the manufacturer along the lines of DO NOT RETURN TO STORE CONTACT [MANUFACTURER] FOR SERVICE.

Glad I live somewhere that sending it back to the retailer is literally a consumer right.

If it's big enough to require delivery they have to provide door to door service
If the item is expected to be "durable" the warranty is basically as long as a reasonable person would expect it to last. (If it's cheap plastic garbage it has to make it out the door, if it's an appliance it has to last a couple of years)

As such nothing substantial comes with less than a 2 year warranty here

They still put those cards in the box... But they aren't worth the paper they are written on

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

bigman.50grand posted:

Most (if not all) of my electronics/appliance purchases in the past year or 2 have come with inserts from the manufacturer along the lines of DO NOT RETURN TO STORE CONTACT [MANUFACTURER] FOR SERVICE.

Whenever I’ve seen this I’ve wondered what kind of schmuck sets themselves up for weeks of pain dealing with foreign call centers and slow email service to get something replaced instead of returning their product to the store. Nothing I’ve bought that comes with those notices has an especially short return window, though.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I did it once in my life and it was a surprisingly painless. But it wasn't an appliance, it was a screen door that was missing the baggie of parts from the box.

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost

Tiny Timbs posted:

Whenever I’ve seen this I’ve wondered what kind of schmuck sets themselves up for weeks of pain dealing with foreign call centers and slow email service to get something replaced instead of returning their product to the store. Nothing I’ve bought that comes with those notices has an especially short return window, though.

We had a Samsung repaired directly through Samsung's warranty department. They sent over the local guy who had the warranty contract within a day or two. His name was Gary and he only had nine fingers because he blew off a thumb in an electrical accident. Gary was cool he also nursed sick bald eagles back to health. I only mention that to specify the missing thumb was the result of electricity, not a bald eagle eating it. A+ would recommend Gary.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I just wanna know more about Gary at this point. I'm about to break my TV if it means Gary comes over and can tell me about nursing bald eagles. I'll share my pizza slice and hot dog combo with him.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

What were the bald eagles sick with
Like a cold? Avian flu?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Gary is a fuckin liar when he was installing my dishwasher he told me he lost his finger when he was a kid reaching under the lawnmower to rescue a turtle and he didn’t say poo poo about bald eagles he told me he was the leader of a jazz quartet.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

bigman.50grand posted:

My MiL bought a bathroom vanity a year ago through Costo. The delivery guys showed up and set it in front of her garage. She asked them to set it inside the garage instead. One walked away and literally told her "move it yourself you loving bitch." All because she asked them to roll the thing 10 more feet over flat ground on a furniture dolly. The other guy apologized profusely and helped her move it inside.

there is absolutely no way a delivery guy said that "literally" lmfao

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
I had a Samsung tv repairman with one arm and it made me super uncomfortable in a sense that I felt like I should help him, but he was explicit that he didn’t want help, so I just stood there watching him attempt to detach the 55” plasma tv from the wall. Awkward.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Is any of the frozen breaded chicken, not reconstituted meat? Like an actual chicken breast, breaded? Which brand has that?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Tatsuta Age posted:

It's possible it was an accurate description of the MiL

Horn
Jun 18, 2004

Penetration is the key to success
College Slice

redreader posted:

Is any of the frozen breaded chicken, not reconstituted meat? Like an actual chicken breast, breaded? Which brand has that?

The bare nuggets are just chicken chunks and delicious.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Tatsuta Age posted:

yes there is

people suck

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I said it to three different people today including my father.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

A repair guy said the same thing to my mom, and I said "HEY! Apologize right now!" He did, and then he clapped for me because he was the only one there to clap.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
I've had an appliance delivery dude go off on my neighbor and threaten him with a wrench before. I have no idea how it started but I walked out to commotion, the delivery truck in front of our house, and one guy in the truck, the other outside of it with the wrench above his head facing my neighbor. My neighbor was not armed.
I yelled at the delivery guy to leave immediately or I was calling the police, all while he was swearing at my neighbor, me and my wife. They left quickly after that, we called Sears (remember them lmao) and told them what happened.
The next day a different set of guys came out and apologized profusely for the guy before, they knew him I guess and delivered the fridge we should have gotten the day before. They seemed just as confused as I was.

Point being yes absolutely I believe that dude said that exact thing to the woman since I have seen it in the flesh myself.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

A repair guy said the same thing to my mom, and I said "HEY! Apologize right now!" He did, and then he clapped for me because he was the only one there to clap.
I’m so sorry you stood up for your mom and she wouldn’t even clap for you

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
She's used to laying down

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
Been meaning to get some air purifiers for a while, my older dog was sneezing after I vacuumed and I decided now was the time (and also rolled out the humidifier too). I saw they were available online but figured I'd try the warehouse while I was out shopping so I didn't have to wait a half week. They hid them in the computer section, I was just about to give up when I asked a supervisor and I spotted them on the way to the computer to check it. Which is good because it was like 8:20 and they had logged out the computer. Grabbed a pair, one for my bedroom and one for the living room.

while I was checking out someone else stopped me and was like "hey we were looking for those too, where were they!?" and took off running too lol. computer department is not where people would normally look for them guys

seems pretty great, the air quality sensor immediately noticed when my walking dander factory hopped up on the bed, so that seems to work at least. Between the humidifier (got it to around 50% humidity) and the purifier it feels a lot better even with just a couple hours of filtering (the rating says it should do a 10x10 room in like 15 minutes on full blast), probably placebo but a+ purchase imo

anyway this is the kind of thing where I love costco because I know I'll actually be able to get filters for a while and each one comes with a spare HEPA filter and three spare carbon filters, which should be a year of supplies

praise be

edit: I guess in hindsight do be aware the C909 comes with 2 years of filter supplies which neutralizes some of the cost difference. if I end up getting another for my office maybe I'll get a bigger one for my living room

Paul MaudDib fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Mar 14, 2023

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I love my air purifier, especially this time of the year with all the pollen. Mine is crucial for managing all the dust in my house. I have bad dust allergies and I'd be miserable without one. I have a Homedics one and I had a Winix but ended up giving it to someone when I got my Homedics. Way happier with the Homedics. Really easy popping out the filter, going outside, banging it against something to get the dust mostly off and shaking the rest up, then just finishing it with a vacuum or some condensed air. It's pretty crazy how much dust and stuff they can take out of the air.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

ShowTime posted:

I love my air purifier, especially this time of the year with all the pollen. Mine is crucial for managing all the dust in my house. I have bad dust allergies and I'd be miserable without one. I have a Homedics one and I had a Winix but ended up giving it to someone when I got my Homedics. Way happier with the Homedics. Really easy popping out the filter, going outside, banging it against something to get the dust mostly off and shaking the rest up, then just finishing it with a vacuum or some condensed air. It's pretty crazy how much dust and stuff they can take out of the air.

Out of curiosity, what makes you like the Homedics more than the Winix you had?

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

redreader posted:

The Tyson panko breaded chicken tenderloins are real chicken and absolutely terrific.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

SourKraut posted:

Out of curiosity, what makes you like the Homedics more than the Winix you had?

Anecdotal I guess, but it seems to be doing a better job at sucking dust out of the air. Whenever I go to empty this Homedics filter is coated in dust. The Winix was never like that. The filter is also easier to remove and get back in. Not sure what, since it's a crescent shaped filter, but it goes in and out very quickly.

It's also quieter, the shape is easier to stick somewhere and it looks neater. It's this white, circular tube with blue lights, not this blocky, chunky eye sore.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

x-post

just got a robot vacuum and mop from costco for $199.97 - coworker said he has one and it is real good, so we'll see how this goes!! mop functionality not so good but thats fine

https://www.ecovacs.com/global/deebot-robotic-vacuum-cleaner/DEEBOT-N7

normally its like $700 599 so quite a loving steal

:canada:

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

We have two Ecovacs/deebots and they vacuum our house every day. We don’t use the mopping feature but recommended for vacuuming.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Vintersorg posted:

x-post

just got a robot vacuum and mop from costco for $199.97 - coworker said he has one and it is real good, so we'll see how this goes!! mop functionality not so good but thats fine

https://www.ecovacs.com/global/deebot-robotic-vacuum-cleaner/DEEBOT-N7

normally its like $700 599 so quite a loving steal

:canada:

drat that’s a good deal and on clearance. I need two of those for our new place but that’s $$$

Also after a lot of pressure Lowe’s finally ended up swapping the oven out. The one we had they don’t carry anymore so they gave us a slightly upgraded one.

Now my oven has wifi

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Paul MaudDib posted:

edit: I guess in hindsight do be aware the C909 comes with 2 years of filter supplies which neutralizes some of the cost difference. if I end up getting another for my office maybe I'll get a bigger one for my living room

I think all of the Winix they sell have two years of filters?

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
I asked previously and was just about to go re-read the responses, but, what are the best roombas for pet owners? I am primarily concerned with carpet (and my pets have lots of toys strewn about) but I have some areas of laminate hardwood and eventually I'd like to redo everything in laminate.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Why does Costco not have the 6 count of Pacific tomato soup tetrapacks now...why...

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Paul MaudDib posted:

I asked previously and was just about to go re-read the responses, but, what are the best roombas for pet owners? I am primarily concerned with carpet (and my pets have lots of toys strewn about) but I have some areas of laminate hardwood and eventually I'd like to redo everything in laminate.

My J7+ does a ton better than my i3 at dealing with the wooden main floor with two hairy dogs, and its obstacle avoiding features are pretty solid. No more pushing dog toys into weird areas.

Do not bother with the mops. There are very few robots that do more than push a lovely swiffer pad around and that doesn’t cut it.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The one I got is pretty good! Did mapping and the bin was full. That’s with 2 cats! Plus it’s nice it can get under our tv stand and bed where we normally can’t access easily.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Hackers are going to take over your oven and run self cleaning over and over until it burns your house down.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

I think all of the Winix they sell have two years of filters?

Yeah, my Winix came with 2 HEPA filters (to change annually) and a ton of carbon pre-filters (to change every couple months). I popped a third HEPA into it this week (happy 3 years of COVID lockdown!). Sucks that Costco doesn't sell 'em, but you can get all sorts of suspect deals on them at Amazon and maybe even Ali.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

MarcusSA posted:

Also after a lot of pressure Lowe’s finally ended up swapping the oven out. … Now my oven has wifi

Lowe’s is just determined to kill you.