Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Kesper North posted:

Not empty quotin'

Watch out, lots of people this thread will tell you that LLS is "ezpz" and that you just need to "git gud" and that if you can't do LLS, "destiny might not be the game for you" :nallears:

Ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
The reason they added Legendary Lost Sectors in the first place was because people were asking for rewarding solo content that didn't require the masochism of solo dungeons or GMs. But I think it should be an option to carry your newbie friends through for a diminished reward chance.

I am expecting we'll see some difficulty tuning in the near future; Bungie seems to always be flying by the seat of their pants.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

magiccarpet posted:

I don't understand why this social, play with your friends shoot game forces you to solo difficult content to get better gear.

If I could have a fire team help me through a master lost sector I'd have some sweet necrotic grips now, which means I'd be playing the new class with the new gun. Instead, voidwalkin again.

taking the solo requirement out of it would immediately make them way more fun. Basically make em mini-nightfalls.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I don’t mind the difficulty of LLSs I just think the low drop rate necessitating multiple runs in a row makes them mega tedious.

Truspeaker
Jan 28, 2009

I have very little hope of getting new exotic armor rolls any time soon. Really wish I had grabbed the strand warlock boots instead of the stasis ones, but I stupidly thought it would be no big deal to get the other with a more interesting roll.

So far vex incursion has crashed on me every time there have been enough people doing it that we would have been successful, including twice just last night. Legendary Lost Sectors were some of my favorite things to do pre lightfall! They are currently my most despised, and I LIKED the LF Legendary difficulty. Maybe as I get closer to 1830 everything will stop sucking so much, but a lot of the new ways you can deal with each champion either require a cool down or killing a different enemy to activate the effect, which effectively does not happen when you need it to if things take long enough to kill.

I'm not normally a "champions are the worst and should be removed" guy but every LLS I've ran since LF has pushed me closer and closer. A huge part of it might just be that resetting the artifact isn't actually free so building specifically for each LLS/champion setup is more limited than it should be. That bug where mods stop working is probably making everything harder than it ought to be too, but whatever the reason, LLS are garbage to play right now.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Having a fireteam also means the chances of somebody geared up enough to take care of the various flavors of champion you encounter, which is personally the soft barrier I've kind of hit with Destiny content.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
champions would maybe be cool if they gave literally every weapon type a mod instead of just a handful rotating. and if they educated every player better on how important they are. I was paired up with a couple in a nightfall last night that were sporting fully masterworked weapons and armour but no champion counters... obviously some big disconnect in there if people who at least try to use the systems can't comprehend how important the counters are. I don't believe the design in concept is terrible, it's just horribly unfriendly. Much like everything else.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

i think a lot of people just assume someone else will deal with the champions

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Truspeaker posted:

A huge part of it might just be that resetting the artifact isn't actually free

This was listed as fixed in Wednesday's patch, is it still charging glimmer for it?

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

No, the new legend lost sectors are pretty horseshit, and it’s really annoying that they ramped them like this while gating the new exotics behind them.

I finished Vexcaliber, finally. I still feel like it was pretty lovely solo, like a lot of things this expansion.

To be clear, I have no problem with there being hard and aspirational versions of the content in the game, but I agree that rewards for those things should be cosmetic/status related. Having to get your balls smashed just to be able to play new builds sucks. And it sucked before, it was just more tolerable because the difficulty was more reasonable.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
The increase in difficulty should come with an increase in rewards. The challenge should be beating the Lost Sector, not beating the random number generator.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I mean, difficulty gating exotics has been their design philosophy since the very beginning of D1. While it's unfun as hell it's definitely nothing new. I skipped WQ though which sounds like it was a lot friendlier of an expansion than usual

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
With all the power delta stuff flying around legendary primaries are feeling horrid.

My playgroup of geriatric gamers had a go at RoN and we cleared encounter one on challenge mode, which was an achievement for us. We go in blind, no guides and just try and suss it out ourselves.

However my add clear in it basically boiled down to double special and chucking grenades at anything as primaries are just not cutting it at the moment. Pushing primaries out of use in content seems like an own goal if they manage it.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

people really like feeling weak, right?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Zokari posted:

people really like feeling weak, right?

It's aspirational, you can grind until your character can handle it!*

*light level is now handicapped so you cannot grind until your character can handle it

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
they still haven't re-enabled empowered finisher and I am starting to believe they intend to gut it instead which is very annoying since it powers the only build I've found so far that I really enjoy

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

haveblue posted:

This was listed as fixed in Wednesday's patch, is it still charging glimmer for it?

I reset my artifact several times yesterday at no cost

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I really dislike how it seems to take a full magdump from an autorifle now to drop a red bar, and on top of that there's like 10x more of them running around than there used to be be. It used to feel really good cutting down trash mobs and now it's a fuckin chore and like has been said already a thousand times, legendary primaries mostly feel like total poo poo as a result.

I hate champions as well, but I dunno, I feel like the idea behind them is good, but the way it works out is that they're just a massive hassle that makes me have to worry about bringing some poo poo gun that I don't want to use just to deal with them.

Bear in mind I am extremely casual and bad so :shrug:

e] speaking of champions can someone post the warlock suspend build again (vexcalibur or otherwise) because that absolutely trivialises them

Truspeaker
Jan 28, 2009

haveblue posted:

Oh drat, I didn't see that and haven't tried it since I realized I had accidentally spent 400k+ glimmer on resetting it since LF launched. That's great news!

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

Pirate Jet posted:

I don’t mind the difficulty of LLSs I just think the low drop rate necessitating multiple runs in a row makes them mega tedious.

This is the real problem. Difficulty can be adjusted and offered at different levels, but in their way of missing the point Bungie heard 'make the game more rewarding' and decided to make it blanket harder instead of making engrams drop more. Or just letting us focus yellow engrams at the Cryptarch for specific armor.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Champs continue to suck big beefy rear end in a top hat, and the fact that they're still buggy as hell is the golden turd on top of the mountain of poo poo

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I am using Ager Scepter, a fusion rifle and falling guillotine blade. Sometimes I change to other exotics, like ticu divination (trash mob snipping), jotum and levitan breath.

What I miss is a good scout rifle or auto with piercing shields. But thats not possible anymore. We don't have good scout rifles anymore, or piercing on them.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

I really dislike how it seems to take a full magdump from an autorifle now to drop a red bar, and on top of that there's like 10x more of them running around than there used to be be.

Yeah, it's a big problem. I'm trying to do today's lost sector and there's so many red bars I'm running out of time just trying to chew through them all to get the doors to open even if I'm not in any danger of dying at any point. And the hot new strand subclass is nonviable because it doesn't give any damage boosts

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Champions have always been a bad idea, I’ve hated them since their introduction in Shadowkeep and I didn’t do Nightfalls until towards the end of Beyond Light because of them, but the new ability-based options to stun them are the next best thing to removing them from the game entirely so gently caress it I’ll take it.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Yeah, I´m basically running with two secondaries when I play in any Lightfall related content nowadays since primaries feel like they hit like a wet noodle.

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

magiccarpet posted:

I don't understand why this social, play with your friends shoot game forces you to solo difficult content to get better gear.

If I could have a fire team help me through a master lost sector I'd have some sweet necrotic grips now, which means I'd be playing the new class with the new gun. Instead, voidwalkin again.

To be fair, with the drop chances out of MLSs even with friends helping you through you probably still wouldn't have necros.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Pirate Jet posted:

Champions have always been a bad idea, I’ve hated them since their introduction in Shadowkeep and I didn’t do Nightfalls until towards the end of Beyond Light because of them, but the new ability-based options to stun them are the next best thing to removing them from the game entirely so gently caress it I’ll take it.

Agreed, it would be less lovely now if procs worked consistently or the stuns/regen/heals weren't maybe/quick/immediate+rapid respectively.

I honestly prefer tormentors, they're at least able to be dealt with with any weapon and abilities if you're just doing them by the book, not to mention burning them down if you have the space and timing you've built into any subclass and weapon loadout. Playing square goes in the square hole is stupid and limiting, Champs are poo poo.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

What’s a good Special Ammo secondary to pair with an exotic HC on my Lucky Pants Hunter? I feel like I need something that I can keep out when engaging before switching to my HC to unload. Shotguns have too small of a range, and there don’t seem to be many (any?) ARs or SMGs that use special ammo for that slot. Fusion Rifles seem okay but every one I have does the charged 3-shot burst, which I’m not a fan of.

I’ve tried a Glaive for the first time and it’s not bad, but if I open an engagement with that I’m in melee by the time I switch to my HC.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

fast cars loose anus posted:

they still haven't re-enabled empowered finisher and I am starting to believe they intend to gut it instead which is very annoying since it powers the only build I've found so far that I really enjoy

I mean, it's bugged. It's only supposed to give you a charge if you have none and it's giving you charges every time. I'm not sure if making it work as intended counts as "gutting it".

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

What’s a good Special Ammo secondary to pair with an exotic HC on my Lucky Pants Hunter? I feel like I need something that I can keep out when engaging before switching to my HC to unload. Shotguns have too small of a range, and there don’t seem to be many (any?) ARs or SMGs that use special ammo for that slot. Fusion Rifles seem okay but every one I have does the charged 3-shot burst, which I’m not a fan of.

I’ve tried a Glaive for the first time and it’s not bad, but if I open an engagement with that I’m in melee by the time I switch to my HC.

Why stop at one HC when your exotic can be the exotic sniper rifle HC, Eriana's Vow. Then go with another HC for a primary.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

grenade launcher or trace rifle maybe? or Erianas, that'd be funny

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Auto-loading GL or Eriana's.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

sunday at work posted:

Difficulty can be adjusted and offered at different levels, but in their way of missing the point Bungie heard 'make the game more rewarding' and decided to make it blanket harder instead of making engrams drop more.
They heard 'make the game more rewarding' and assumed difficulty was its own reward, and upped the difficulty to give the player a sense of pride and accomplisment.

I'd be interested to hear what people would consider more of a reward, y'all already get most of the coolest guns, historically a bunch of catalysts and an extra armour slot locked behind higher difficulty activities.

I guess the real issue is that they can't add cool cosmetics as a reward because there's only so many artist hours in a day and the eververse beast has to take the lion's share.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

it has occured to me that RoN has a red border chest, meaning there's 1 last piexe of loot I need to collect before reset.

Just when I think I'm out...

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I'd be interested to hear what people would consider more of a reward, y'all already get most of the coolest guns, historically a bunch of catalysts and an extra armour slot locked behind higher difficulty activities.

Honestly just gimme more mats. I hit 0 legendary shards and 0 enhancement cores upgrading poo poo for day 1 and I've never exactly been rich in them. If LLSes at least gave me a good stock of shards I wouldn't mind running them a couple of times.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Bobby Deluxe posted:

They heard 'make the game more rewarding' and assumed difficulty was its own reward, and upped the difficulty to give the player a sense of pride and accomplisment.

This breaks down when you up the difficulty past the point where a lot of players can't actually accomplish the completion. They aren't getting that extra prism because they also aren't getting the rewards they were getting last season when completions were within reach

They also seem to have forgotten that buildcrafting is supposed to support build execution, not be an end in and of itself. I can't use any of these builds because they all feel underpowered

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

arsenicCatnip posted:

grenade launcher or trace rifle maybe? or Erianas, that'd be funny

I’d have to give up my primary HC exotic for Erianna’s, but I do use it occasionally. Grenade Launcher has been my main energy weapon, still using Salvager’s Salvo from BL. Tracer Rifle might work, I don’t know if I have any good ones. I play Solar though, so maybe finding one to help get some Fire Sprites may work well.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

ponzicar posted:

The reason they added Legendary Lost Sectors in the first place was because people were asking for rewarding solo content that didn't require the masochism of solo dungeons or GMs. But I think it should be an option to carry your newbie friends through for a diminished reward chance.

I am expecting we'll see some difficulty tuning in the near future; Bungie seems to always be flying by the seat of their pants.

In this case the pants are a pair of nasty Dockers with a huge ripped hole blown out the rear end

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

I’d have to give up my primary HC exotic for Erianna’s, but I do use it occasionally. Grenade Launcher has been my main energy weapon, still using Salvager’s Salvo from BL. Tracer Rifle might work, I don’t know if I have any good ones. I play Solar though, so maybe finding one to help get some Fire Sprites may work well.

Dares of Eternity drops a craftable solar trace rifle.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I put it right there in the post you quoted:

sunday at work posted:

making engrams drop more

If I can't focus exotic engrams then I don't see any reason I should ever leave a LLS without one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

ponzicar posted:

There's one thing that kind of confuses me because I see it in a lot of discussion around the game right now; a little bit here, a lot of it on reddit - people reacting to the current state of the Destiny sandbox as, to generalize and paraphrase, 100% representative of what Bungie wants the game to be and this is how it's going to be forever.

And, like, this was never even remotely true? Bungie is trying to address a perfectly valid concern from WQ where Light 3.0 updates lead to wide swathes of the game being totally trivialized as they were designed for a sandbox that didn't exist anymore. Big chunks of the game were rendered entirely pointless during the year. Every change they've made is to try and smooth this curve out and lift the difficulty floor up out of that Totally Pointless level that a lot of content was sinking into.

They got it wrong, basically. Not completely wrong, not completely right. Anyone who is even remotely familiar with the history of D2 should already know how this works. Bungie wants to do something, they don't get it right the first time, and they iterate on it until it gets closer to better. The things that people are complaining about are going to get adjusted in the months to come.

This has been done over, and over, and over, and over. For better or worse Bungie will never stop making these changes to their core gameplay.