Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

kingcobweb posted:

She’s clearly covering for him and trying to make sure players aren’t afraid of coming to the club. The dancer source said the gun freaked them all out.

Small business owners (especially one married to a mayor) are the absolute worst

if that was the case why in gods name would she throw the regular home players under the bus lol.

Ja can be a loving idiot waving a gun on Instagram trying to look cool, and also be generally nice and respectful to strippers/employees at a club.

Probably is covering for Ja not drinking that night, but shrug. that probably wouldn't be too hard to generally prove with video if they want to really go down that path.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Mar 12, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Porter is definitely the one throwing quarters at the women right

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Dexo posted:

if that was the case why in gods name would she throw the regular home players under the bus lol.

Ja can be a loving idiot waving a gun on Instagram trying to look cool, and also be generally nice and respectful to strippers/employees at a club.

Probably is covering for Ja not drinking that night, but shrug. that probably wouldn't be too hard to generally prove with video if they want to really go down that path.

I think it’s like “visiting players, come here and prove you can spend a lot, not like the cheapskate locals”

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
n: https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/status/1543763024959287296

v: the prophesy is true

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

It’s like the Luka prophecy only Vlade isn’t around to gently caress it up

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Man if Chet comes back healthy and can survive a NBA season this Thunder team is going to be so much fun next year. But it is an If and they've built the team around Shai so well otherwise.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Reminder the last time the Kings could have won 40 games Dave Joerger threw the last game as a gently caress you to Vlade and the front office

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

Ladies and She-Hulks can't resist Murdock's Big Hallway Energy
Late to the gambling chat, but I want to tell y'all about my ex-coworker "Matt". He is the nicest guy you will ever meet but is a degenerate gambling addict.

In college he gambled away a semester of tuition and had to explain to his parents what he did. When he was working in a small market station that paid like a 27-30k a year [in 2008 money] he financed his gambling by doing weird shady errands for his bookie. Things like "Drive to Bridgeport, take a fairy to Long Island, drive to Levittown, buy a ticket for the 3pm showing of Cloverfield and sit in the third row, receive a bag from the man who will sit next to you, then come back with the bag and give it to me." He had limits, like he refused to get like 10k to drive a designated car to Orlando, leave it at some lot, and fly back to New England. Later he has to delay his wedding because the Dodgers lost the series to the cheating Astros, but the next year can do a destination wedding win the Dodgers win.

Anyways, NBA related, at the start of last season a photog friend of his who had moved on to a Boston station [where at the time you still couldn't bet on sports] gave him money to put on the Celtics to win it all. I forget how much but enough so that if the Celtics won the finals he would of won $20000. Matt says to himself "What a stupid bet, he just as well could of set the money on fire, I'm going to pocket it. Come March of 2022, he is panicking because it looks like the Celtics are legit contenders and he executes a complicated series of hedging bets to enable him to mostly cover this 20k. The C's lose and he's off the hook for his buddy but lost the hedges.

Needless to say, him and his wife keep their finances separate.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
The Bad Sport docuseries on Netflix is kind of a mixed bag but the story they did on the ASU Basketball point shaving scandal just demonstrates how absolutely insidious sports betting is

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
Wow Kawhi has been BACK for a minute now. He had five dunks in a game the other day. Not sure he’s ever had that before.

Pity the team as a whole can’t get their poo poo together.

How’s Reggie been doing for the Nuggets?

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

https://twitter.com/AmazonStudios/status/1624951284460830721

This is basketball

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

1. Thinking the Celtics had no chance after they made the finals last year is done galaxy brain poo poo.

2. The Cs will win and his hedged bets won't come particularly close so he'll be 30,000 in the hole instead.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Lockback posted:

1. Thinking the Celtics had no chance after they made the finals last year is done galaxy brain poo poo.

2. The Cs will win and his hedged bets won't come particularly close so he'll be 30,000 in the hole instead.

This was for last season, not this one.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
David Roddy scored 17 in the 4th lmao. Thank you Big Body Roddy for saving the W.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Red Rox posted:

Wow Kawhi has been BACK for a minute now. He had five dunks in a game the other day. Not sure he’s ever had that before.

Pity the team as a whole can’t get their poo poo together.

How’s Reggie been doing for the Nuggets?

He’s been terrible. Nuggets bench seemed like it got way better with Bryant and Reggie, but they’ve both underperformed.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

WhyteRyce posted:

Reminder the last time the Kings could have won 40 games Dave Joerger threw the last game as a gently caress you to Vlade and the front office

Lmfao

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

NickRoweFillea posted:

David Roddy scored 17 in the 4th lmao. Thank you Big Body Roddy for saving the W.

Wow

Arpanets
Feb 27, 2012

kingcobweb posted:

He’s been terrible. Nuggets bench seemed like it got way better with Bryant and Reggie, but they’ve both underperformed.

I haven’t watched much of Bryant lately, but Reginald has had a very down year in general.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Memphis Grizzlies All-Star point guard Ja Morant dribbled and drooled over a stripper at the same Denver-area jiggle joint where he blew $50,000 in tips — and flashed a gun 48 hours later — shocking photos obtained by The Post and insiders reveal.
Source: Matthew Sedacca @ New York Post

I said 60k. I'm proud of myself for being able to guess that at a distance

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Dejan Bimble posted:

Memphis Grizzlies All-Star point guard Ja Morant dribbled and drooled… jiggle joint …

I said 60k. I'm proud of myself for being able to guess that at a distance

Now thats a flagrant foul

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Arpanets posted:

I haven’t watched much of Bryant lately, but Reginald has had a very down year in general.

.523 TS in LA to .396

He hasn’t figured out how to fit in to the Nuggets offense yet.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Dejan Bimble posted:

Memphis Grizzlies All-Star point guard Ja Morant dribbled and drooled over a stripper at the same Denver-area jiggle joint where he blew $50,000 in tips — and flashed a gun 48 hours later — shocking photos obtained by The Post and insiders reveal.
Source: Matthew Sedacca @ New York Post
Lol this feels like James Ellroy wrote it. Tired of these Ja "scoops"

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Assholes as they are, the Post are the only ones who seem to have fun writing stories these days

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

kingcobweb posted:

Assholes as they are, the Post are the only ones who seem to have fun writing stories these days

quote:

the Grizzly turned horndog

runaway pancake
Dec 13, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Gravy Boat 2k
getting paid to poo poo post.. living the dream

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

kingcobweb posted:

.523 TS in LA to .396

Aw that’s kinda sad. He almost quit a couple years ago - hope he sticks it out.

Arpanets
Feb 27, 2012

kingcobweb posted:

.523 TS in LA to .396

Oh wow, that is surprising. Every clips game I caught, it felt like he was so inefficient.

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
All-time Lakers starting five: Jerry West, Kobe Bryant, Elgin Baylor, Magic Johnson, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

No spot for AC Green!?!

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
PG: Wilt
SG: Vlade
SF: Pau
PF: Kareem
C: Shaq

Arpanets
Feb 27, 2012

I might take LeBron James in there.

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
Yeah, I was kind of thinking players that were very, very much Lakers. Lebron is better than four of those players for sure. I don't even like Kobe.

Arpanets
Feb 27, 2012

Stagger_Lee posted:

Yeah, I was kind of thinking players that were very, very much Lakers. Lebron is better than four of those players for sure. I don't even like Kobe.

That makes sense, and is fair and good.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Showdown at the Jiggle Joint

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Stagger_Lee posted:

All-time Lakers starting five: Jerry West, Kobe Bryant, Elgin Baylor, Magical Johnson, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.

could Johnson play good defense against bigs?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Stagger_Lee posted:

All-time Lakers starting five: Jerry West, Kobe Bryant, Elgin Baylor, Magic Johnson, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.

Wheres sasha vucevic, slava medvedenko, jannero pargo, luke walton, maurice carter

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

gordon heyward is still a good basketball player

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Dejan Bimble posted:

Wheres sasha vucevic, slava medvedenko, jannero pargo, luke walton, maurice carter

This, but unironically. It is inevitable if you make me drunk enough that I will rant about my favorite Sasha Vujacic stories. I loved that weird bastard.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Is there a ban on NYPost links or something? Why all the views and no news after two pages? The photo they obtained is going to live forever

https://nypost.com/2023/03/11/inside-ja-morants-50k-gun-toting-booty-bender-at-strip-club

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Arpanets posted:

I might take LeBron James in there.

It's gotta be Laker Lebron though, which is still probably worth having in there.