Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I've had gear visually disappear from my inventory, but it came back when I quit and reloaded. Like, gear can disappear from your avatar and you'll appear naked, but it can also disappear from your inventory in the same way...

Anyway, the funniest bug I routinely run into is when it spawns two copies of my character while entering a new zone, one of which I can move around and the other of which is considered the focus of the camera and the origin point of all my skills. Luckily a quick town portal fixes it but it was so bizarre the first time it happened.

Edit: The funniest bug I've only seen once is when I entered the boss room and somehow ended up back in some low level zone on another continent in another era. Luckily I was in a party and could warp to my teammate so it was just a funny story, but that would have pissed me off it I were solo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
I've been playing a necromancer and the synergies are insane. My summoner mages explode my skeletons knights using sacrifice. There's a chance those skeletons explode and do the following:
- create a massive second exploding zombie
- increase my ward shield
- restore my mana
- respawn a skeleton knight
- cast a death mark debuff on an adjacent monster, doubling damage to it

And for huge single target damage I can drop fire wraiths. The build is like 4 levels from coming completely online but so far with just manual casting volatile zombies I'm clearing the screen.

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014

Sab669 posted:

I'm a little surprised at how janky this patch is. And not in the "we're functionally being DDOS'd by wanting players" sense but the disappearing hotbar, characters appearing naked, movement skills "freezing" you, minion UI elements going missing etc.

I get that it's in beta and I'm really not complaining, game owns, none of the bugs are serious "show stoppers". I'm just surprised at how much stuff either broke in this patch, or was always broken but wasn't evident until being pushed online. It a little bit feels like they rushed the release to get ahead of the D4 beta, but maybe the timing is purely coincidental.

Actually I did have one serious bug, somehow an item in the crafting bench poofed on me. I had it on my cursor, but I don't remember what specifically I did. Fortunately it was just low level junk that was quickly replaced. I saw one other person mention losing an item in the in-game chat, but I'm guessing it's hard to reproduce.

They managed to break a lot of things that you'd think should be unrelated (for example lots of UI things), and there are some weird things that look just rushed even if they are new and improved. Just one example:

I like the armour design, but those tubes? :cmon:

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

m.hache posted:

I've been playing a necromancer and the synergies are insane. My summoner mages explode my skeletons knights using sacrifice. There's a chance those skeletons explode and do the following:
- create a massive second exploding zombie
- increase my ward shield
- restore my mana
- respawn a skeleton knight
- cast a death mark debuff on an adjacent monster, doubling damage to it

And for huge single target damage I can drop fire wraiths. The build is like 4 levels from coming completely online but so far with just manual casting volatile zombies I'm clearing the screen.

I am a weirdo who wants to play an Acolyte without summoning even a single minion, so I went Lich and just explode into the middle of enemy packs with Transplant and melt them in two seconds with Aura of Decay and Life Drain (which doesn't drain life), in the process giving them all two curses and three different dots. Also I don't spend any mana, ever.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Clarste posted:

I am a weirdo who wants to play an Acolyte without summoning even a single minion, so I went Lich and just explode into the middle of enemy packs with Transplant and melt them in two seconds with Aura of Decay and Life Drain (which doesn't drain life), in the process giving them all two curses and three different dots. Also I don't spend any mana, ever.

Yeah the Lich class also looks awesome. I do wish you could switch between masteries without having to roll another character but oh well! Still plenty of build diversity.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Sab669 posted:

It BEEgins :imunfunny:

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Zoning times are much quicker today than they were yesterday for me, feels a lot better.

My necromancer was starting to feel a little squishy in the level 75 monolith so I added some health mods to my loot filter, and within 2 maps I had replaced my chest and helm and went from 1200 health to 1900 without any noticeable loss in pet dps. I'm still using a couple awful pieces too so if I get a decent relic and boots it'll be even better.

I will say that you get a depressing number of duplicate uniques/sets considering how many there are in the game. I know there are various rarities of each of them, and some only drop in specific spots, but getting two uniques and two sets in one map and having them both be duplicates of each other is disappointing.

Suprfli6 fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Mar 12, 2023

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I just want global chat to stay off and party chat by default if I've selected it, it seems like if you're in a hub area it really wants global chat to be enabled.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Lots of you are posting wishes/changes that seem to be real good! Please let the devs know as well because they listen and will more than likely consider them.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

https://forum.lastepoch.com/t/0-9-launch-update-and-upcoming-hotfixes/52667

Found this mega thread with what bugs they're targeting and such

e; ohh and I just saw in chat Mox said the final Subclasses will be in 1.0. I still haven't played all the current specs, but I'm really excited to see how Falconer feels compared to Beastmaster/Primalist Companions.

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005
I'm hoping the rune wizard is a minion class, that way every starter gets one cause those are my jam.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"

I said come in! posted:

I love the end game map system for Last Epoch. It's basically Path of Exile, but addresses all of the player complaints that GGG refuses to listen to.

Yeah, this game is just... fun. PoE is fun, but in that way where sparring or boxing is fun. Sometimes you just get tired of getting punched in the face and need a break.

A big standout for me, in addition to all the QoL stuff: Last Epoch's crafting is beautiful. Instead of ignoring rare drops that make it through my filter like in PoE, I actually pick them up. Every few maps/echoes it feels like you get a rare drop that with crafting, you can make into an upgrade.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

And if not worth crafting, probably worth Shattering! The game strikes the perfect balance between PoE's over-complexity and Diablo's over-simplicity.

Also gently caress yea found a second near-perfect Bee Idol. Now I just need to grind out 15 levels for the Unique that makes Bees actually strong :getin:

Drone Incognito
Oct 16, 2008

There are no drones here. No way no how.
Man this game is actually fun to theorycraft builds in. I can look at my skills, check the keywords and then just take passives and skill tree nodes that synergize without needing a guide. So now I turn into a giant bug who spawns smaller bugs that poison and bleed things that I then consume to make a giant AoE death aura with my healing spriggan friend.

Diablo 3 felt too railroady, like there were a few accepted good builds they had in mind. And PoE was fun but I felt like I needed to follow a video guide to actually get anywhere. This game strikes a nice balance.

Drone Incognito fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Mar 12, 2023

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Drone Incognito posted:

Man this game is actually fun to theorycraft builds in. I can look at my skills, check the keywords and then just take passives and skill tree nodes that synergize without needing a guide. So now I turn into a giant bug who spawns smaller bugs that poison and bleed things that I then consume to make a giant AoW death aura with my healing spriggan friend.

Yeah having the key words in the descriptions is such a nice QOL thing.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Boy, uh, something seems hosed right now. It's like it's matchmaking into random parties sometimes when changing zones. My friend just got TP'd into the middle of a fight during Apophis and Majasa, at least a few chapters away from where we are right now. I TP'd to him from the group panel and it was him plus two randoms and myself in a fight about 15 levels higher than where we're at right now. I hit the TP and it brought me to the town for that part of the game (which I had never seen or been to) and gave me a bunch of free XP and completed a handful of missions for me.

Edit: The dev/PR person in chat said that's exactly what's happening. I did also have one time where I went back to town and there was a completely random other person not in my party running around.

explosivo fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Mar 12, 2023

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

This game owns and it’s got its hook in me hard. I think the only other thing I can think of that I desperately want is adventure mode.

Story is fine, but I’d prefer a way to level via monoliths once I’ve done the story once. Other than that? A+

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

For me it really seems to be a hybrid of POE and Grim Dawn and really does take the best of both. I'd second the "not having to redo the campaign" option to flesh out your mastery, free passives, and idol slots though. Once you get some movespeed twink items you can blitz through the chapters pretty quick but I don't really see the need for that in the first place. I see enough interesting items and skills to make me want to try out pretty much every mastery, don't make it a chore to do so.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Saxophone posted:

This game owns and it’s got its hook in me hard. I think the only other thing I can think of that I desperately want is adventure mode.

Story is fine, but I’d prefer a way to level via monoliths once I’ve done the story once. Other than that? A+

moxjet2000 who is i believe lead designer has been in global chat which you've probably seen, but i did see him drop this nugget

i dont know exactly what that means but it sounds like they want to give us something instead of make us play the campaign over and over

e: i looked it up and apparently you can just skip from ch5 to ch9 doing the dungeon but you don't get the extra passive points and open relic slots

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Saxophone posted:

Good news!

You don't even need to complete the whole story once to access Monoliths (you just need to get to the zone where you select your Mastery class in Chapter 4). I've never tried one at that point and you might have a hard time doing one ~level 30 when you get there but you absolutely can.

There are also more idol slots and passive points available from the campaign quest rewards than you can actually use, and it shows you on the map screen when you're capped, so you can pick and choose sidequests and bail on the campaign whenever you feel like it.

Also! Dungeon campaign skip refers to the fact that you can use the Temporal Sanctum dungeon which you can access in Chapter 5, to skip all the way to Chapter 9 (since those two acts are set in the same place in different eras, and the dungeon entrance is in one era while the exit is in the other). Granted, actually beating the level 55 mobs in the dungeon at ~L35-40 is similarly tricky but if your build is up to it (or you have spare gear for an alt found by a higher level character) then why not?

I usually hate time travel plotlines in fiction but I gotta admit this one is really convenient.

Dallan Invictus fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Mar 12, 2023

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
Trying to figure out if it makes more sense to buy the game now before the Steam sale, since it apparently has had queue issues. Those issues will get worse if the game goes on sale I would think. Thoughts?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Mayveena posted:

Trying to figure out if it makes more sense to buy the game now before the Steam sale, since it apparently has had queue issues. Those issues will get worse if the game goes on sale I would think. Thoughts?

The queue stuff was almost entirely from the first day or two after they pushed the MP update live for the first time, haven't seen a queue for a few days now. Game's still got a good amount of bugs and some content not yet added but I'm having a blast.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Apparently they're at over 10k active players over what they stress tested at which is resulting in some weirdness, but that's not a bad problem to have.

King Cocoa Butter
Mar 24, 2021

Don't be ashy.
I started a new char with my buddy and when I zoned into the first camp it took me to Maj'Elka Upper District (level 54 town) lol

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
If your build is pretty decent you can probably start monoliths around level 40, which isn't too bad.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Fyi the dev said in chat they have a laundry list of bugs to be patched on Tuesday. There supposedly is an active thread tracking them on their forums.

Found it.

https://forum.lastepoch.com/t/0-9-launch-update-and-upcoming-hotfixes/52667

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

quote:

Some Scenes Have Pre-Explored Mini Map Areas

I just assumed this was on purpose. I was really liking it

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

LeninVS posted:

I just assumed this was on purpose. I was really liking it

I had guessed maybe I explored that area in a different time so I knew about that small section. Granted I haven't really been paying attention to the story.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

It was weird seeing those pre-explored areas after the patch and never seeing them pre-patch. I assumed it was a bug but it was a strange one for sure.

The dragon boss of the 85 monolith with a oneshot AOE that covers 95% of his platform is loving awful. Even saving my teleport ability, I keep dying to it because areas that look to be safe are still clipping me with the edge of the AOE. I guess the entrance is the only safe area so stay below him?

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

Are the characters genderlocked?

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Ither posted:

Yes, there is no character customization at all.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Ither posted:

unfortunately yes, and this was initially a dealbreaker for me too BUT if you can get past it like I did this is still very worth playing

(which recent non-Diablo ARPGs are this not the case for? I guess Wolcen doesn't have classes to gender lock at all, Grim Dawn if that's still recent, any others I'm missing?)

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

https://i.imgur.com/kX7STUV.mp4
(sound on)

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

They time out before I can summon all 21 of 'em :(

Sab669 fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Mar 13, 2023

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Sab669 posted:

https://i.imgur.com/kX7STUV.mp4
(sound on)

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

They time out before I can summon all 21 of 'em :(

You seem to have a beehive in your crotch my good man. You should probably contact a bee removal company to safely relocate them to a more pleasant home.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Ok yeah this game seems to accomplish the impossible of making build/gear optimization actually fun and approachable for a normie without also seeming over-simplistic. Well done.

I wish I could auto-pickup crafting supplies and set the NPC dialogue to autocomplete instead of having to wait for it to scroll through

Cesaro
Oct 5, 2004
I'm glad people are enjoying the game and the developers found some additional success, but after 20 hours and getting to level 75 I'm a little dumbfounded at the heaps of praise this seems to be getting. I will say upfront that I went in blind and mistakenly expected something more akin to Path of Exile than Grim Dawn, and I got what I would consider to be a relatively bad Grim Dawn clone. It's just jank all the way down.

The campaign writing and story were laughably bad, though admittedly this genre isn't exactly known for this. The mid/end game (early monoliths/maps at least) feels monotonous and actually way more grind heavy and slower than I expected at level 75. The deterministic crafting is interesting but a little shallow from what I've seen. Again, I'm glad people are enjoying it because I love the genre, but I think this one is not for me.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
Hit a nice despair and a good LP2 ring for my warpath build this weekend. At level 92 right now. Some bosses are a bit of a struggle for the build, but overall it's come online and its pretty fun and zippy. I've accumulated a lot of really good cold spell gear, so might roll a second character next week.

Overall, pretty fun so far.

Benson Cunningham fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Mar 13, 2023

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
I've been hunting for Apathy's Maw, which lastepochtools.com says should drop from the Shade of Orobyss with at least 50 corruption. Empowered timelines start at 100 corruption, so it should always have a chance to drop in those, right? I've fought it several times now, but I'm only seeing the ring that always drops. Is there something else to it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I wish the game had DLSS. The game muders my 3080 at 4K, I don't need 8 million pixels drawn 120 times a second in an ARPG.. less would do :v: I mean the GPU produces a whopping 350W of waste heat while rendering a meh looking game. I wish their tech stack wasn't ancient as poo poo so they could implement DLSS easier without years of grueling refactoring.