Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Kentucky getting Providence and former Cat Bryce Hopkins, saw that coming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Bird in a Blender posted:

Rooting for the meteor in that Duke ORU game.

Want Duke to lose first, then meteor

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

elentar posted:

hey Nevada did make it, and Arizona State too

ok who's getting hosed i think it's Rutgers or maybe Providence?

Enemies of Rutgers Athletics strikes again

mcmagic posted:

I hate penn state more than Purdue so i don't really care. Purdue sucks though.

Hahahaha

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
:(

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

If Marquette wasn't playing so well I'd worry for them against Vermont

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

FartingBedpost posted:

ah, sucks for Rutgers, they're probably out.

if they beat Minnesota they hit 20 wins and i think it's not an issue and probably Pitt or Nevada gets booted

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Tennessee could be an E8 team with that bracket.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I can't really argue with it after they shat all over the court vs Minnesota. Can't finish 3-7.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Charleston?!

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Bird in a Blender posted:

Tennessee could be an E8 team with that bracket.

Did they fire Rick Barnes in the last couple days

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Purdue could blow thru that quadrant or lose to FAU in round 2 and not much inbetween.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
oh yeah get hosed UNC hope you steer into the decline

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

a neat cape posted:

Charleston?!

Sorry buddy, the Mountain West isn't allowed to win games.

loopsheloop
Oct 22, 2010
Go pack goooo

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I don’t think the committee liked the big 10.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Oh wow Rutgers didn't make it

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Mountain West got a lot of love, which is nice cause we had a good season. Sucks that the NIT is gonna only have the Lobos and San Jose State tho.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

BOISE STATE WE'RE COMING FOR YOU

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

R.D. Mangles posted:

BOISE STATE WE'RE COMING FOR YOU

How good is Northwestern's 3 point defense against forwards?

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

that committee chairman dude is extremely uncomfortable on camera

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

FartingBedpost posted:

How good is Northwestern's 3 point defense against forwards?

terrible, they are designed to complete stop anything in the paint and just leave people wide open to shoot 3s and hope they miss

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I can't believe Nevada got in

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

R.D. Mangles posted:

terrible, they are designed to complete stop anything in the paint and just leave people wide open to shoot 3s and hope they miss

Well I hope Boise State misses a lot then, they didn't against the Lobos in Boise.

a neat cape posted:

I can't believe Nevada got in

I loving know. If UNM had swept them in those OT games instead of the other way around I wonder if they would've made the tourney too.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

per Kenpom the biggest snubs are Rutgers (35), Oklahoma State (38), and Oregon (41); the biggest reaches were Pitt (77), Arizona State (68), and NC State (55)

Oregon aside you could swap out any of those and nobody would care, this is about the right size for the tournament unless you want to just let in every trudging, lovely power conference school

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
where da NIT bracket at

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Of course there has to be 4 final four quality teams in the West lol, an absolute slaughterhouse of a region if Sasser and Bona are healthy.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I fear Kansas won’t even get past Illinois

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

kiimo posted:

I fear Kansas won’t even get past Illinois

Yeah probably not

but they will comfortably beat Arkansas in the Round of 32 instead

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
While Rutgers hosed themselves with a late season swoon, the committee are loving morons.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I’m torn here because Kansas does not look very good and I don’t really believe in this team and we have severe problems.

On the other hand, the criteria for ranking Houston as the second 1-seed to play in the Midwest is an absolute loving joke like they literally said the reason was they liked their combined quad one and two wins, which was 17 and Kansas has 17 quad one wins +4 quad two wins like what in the holy poo poo are you talking about dude

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Kansas is honestly in a better position than Houston imo, so I think it’s a wash

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Kim Jong Il posted:

While Rutgers hosed themselves with a late season swoon, the committee are loving morons.

The Minnesota game, now that we know it cost them a bid, is the worst RU basketball loss I've ever seen and I've seen some doozys.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

FartingBedpost posted:

Kansas is honestly in a better position than Houston imo, so I think it’s a wash

What

https://twitter.com/daviddavidwoods/status/1635043977106964481?s=46&t=4HCQHNrQSCCyTv5_MzlCTw

Edit: but also

https://twitter.com/kylerohde/status/1635043024626663424?s=46&t=4HCQHNrQSCCyTv5_MzlCTw

This is the real reason Houston got the second overall number 1 seed it’s just none of the reasons are legitimate other than this.

Don’t try to dress it up. Just tell people. Hey you fell apart at the end it looks real bad.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Mar 13, 2023

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

SDSU opens as a 5 point favorite.

I am already nervous

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Well if Utah State is an offensive juggernaut that's not a big deal since Mizzou lets teams like Mississippi St., LSU, and South Carolina score 10+ points above their season averages. As long as they don't play tight defense, Tigers shouldn't be too scared

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/mm_mbb_tv/status/1635066006451417088?s=46
https://twitter.com/mm_mbb_tv/status/1635066437139308547?s=46

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

ah that TruTV coverage

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Okay? UCLA is injured to hell now, St Mary’s hasn’t played very well since beating Gonzaga at Gonzaga. I honestly have doubts you’ll have to play either of them. UConn is potentially dangerous and Gonzaga is playing really well, but Texas and Xavier are equivalent teams in Houston’s bracket.

Yeah their stated reasoning is dumb as poo poo and it’s really because they wanted Houston v Texas and Kansas lost late, but I really don’t think your situation is worse than the other 1 seeds.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
UNC too good for the NIT

https://twitter.com/UNC_Basketball/status/1635058825916186624

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

Hubert Davis is just tired of this team. He's gonna put Caleb Love in the transfer portal himself.