Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Went to a guitar show and traded a Strat I never played for a big ol’ hollow body Gretsch. It’s pretty cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

whats it like being a musician in Whoville

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

good morning. I’m watching the bicycle thieves

Guy just wanted to do his job :gonk:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

My wife and I watched ghost ship house on haunted hill remake house of wax remake and graveyard shift this weekend. It was fun

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Shard posted:

ghost ship house on haunted hill remake house of wax remake and graveyard shift

I'm going to assume this is a singular movie and it's made by the Scary Movie people!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

I'm going to assume this is a singular movie and it's made by the Scary Movie people!

Lol

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Shard posted:

ghost ship

Huge moment for nu metal

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I had a friend who really wanted to see ghost ship back in the day. He’s dead now. Makes u think

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Was the House of Wax remake the one where they (the marketing people, unless it was just an online-generated thing) were selling it with,"You can watch Paris Hilton be horribly murdered!"? Because that's uhhh... really hosed up!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

Was the House of Wax remake the one where they (the marketing people, unless it was just an online-generated thing) were selling it with,"You can watch Paris Hilton be horribly murdered!"? Because that's uhhh... really hosed up!

It was apparently her idea and she was the one selling them

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Still hosed up

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

A wax exhibit of me dressed as Caesar getting stabbed by me dressed as a senator please.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Shard posted:

It was apparently her idea and she was the one selling them

Pretty shrewd on her part, since I remember "the discourse" around her and her show from the early 00s.

Why the gently caress did she get treated like that while Kim Kardashian somehow got launched into the stratosphere

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Shinjobi posted:

Pretty shrewd on her part, since I remember "the discourse" around her and her show from the early 00s.

Why the gently caress did she get treated like that while Kim Kardashian somehow got launched into the stratosphere

why did people create a website counting down until the Olsen twins became "legal?"

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Just watched The Menu. C+ effort. John Leguizamo is a treasure tho.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Posting this specifically to harass, troll and piss off my dear bubby boy, may it send him into some kind of sicko tailspin:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

yea ok posted:

Posting this specifically to harass, troll and piss off my dear bubby boy, may it send him into some kind of sicko tailspin:

three cheers imo

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

it was deserved

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Shard posted:

why did people create a website counting down until the Olsen twins became "legal?"

there's always going to be something you look back on in pop culture and ask what the hell was society thinking

that said, the 00s were batshit a lot

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

yea ok posted:

i don't wanna talk about this

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

good morning. working today, then a 6 day weekend

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I seriously thought that EEAAO was like, just pretty good.

Good morning.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Did Nope seriously get ZERO nominations? Not even for VFX or Sound!?!? :psyduck:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Did Nope seriously get ZERO nominations? Not even for VFX or Sound!?!? :psyduck:
nope

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

But.... it was really loving good!

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

But.... it was really loving good!

They're the Oscars, not the awards for good movies

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Congratulations to EEAAO for joining the pantheon of Best Picture winning greats like CODA, Green Book, Crash, and The Artist. Take a bow, Daniels!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

CopEEAAO

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

NienNunb posted:

Congratulations to EEAAO for joining the pantheon of Best Picture winning greats like CODA, Green Book, Crash, and The Artist. Take a bow, Daniels!

I think when Green Book won, Spike Lee tried to walk out and they'd locked the doors :lol:

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I for one am glad that the only nominee I saw out of the ten won the big one

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Don't understand why they don't just give Best Picture to Parasite every year, to be honest :colbert:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

the oscars are dumb

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Something in the Dirt was my favorite movie I saw last year, ain’t no dang trophy going to change that!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I watched part of it on other people’s screens on airplanes. Looked cool.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Shard posted:

the oscars are dumb

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

The Academy are too afraid of Indian cinema, which is why they only nominated RRR for best song, in attempts to contain its power.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Shard posted:

the oscars are dumb

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i accidentally wore 2 diff shoes to work today. 32 years old btw.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Dangerous Person posted:

I for one am glad that the only nominee I saw out of the ten won the big one
banshees and women talking were the only nominees that went under two hours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

yea ok posted:

i accidentally wore 2 diff shoes to work today. 32 years old btw.

don't forget your medicine grandpa lol