Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

swickles posted:

Also, can I sue to stop this bailout on the same bullshit grounds they are using to sue to stop cancelling a tiny amount of student debt or is that too on the nose?

These are job creators.

We were just grubby peasants with our hands out, not wanting to contribute to society

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Funny how rich people and corporations are bailed out every time. Every single time.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Leperflesh posted:

I'm also finding mando a bit more silly than before, although it may just be that I'm still blown away by how good Andor was and all other star wars is seeming paler in comparison.

This could be a big part of it. Andor really set such a higher bar for anything they do.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

LeeMajors posted:

Funny how rich people and corporations are bailed out every time. Every single time.

No no no it’s about republicans versus Dems! Look! Biden! Drag queens! Guns! Evil republicans! Dems! Grrrrr!!! Don’t look at how much money corporations steal from you plz!

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Amy Pole Her posted:

No no no it’s about republicans versus Dems! Look! Biden! Drag queens! Guns! Evil republicans! Dems! Grrrrr!!! Don’t look at how much money corporations steal from you plz!

100% There's so many interesting trends when you look at the last financial crisis and what the press started writing about more and more right at the same time.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Had extra long beans & eggplant so I stir fried them up with some fried tofu targ.for dinner to eat while watching the Oscars.

So far Emily Blunt & The Rock are dying on stage.

At least Guillermo Del Toro won for Pinocchio. Also wew Portland shoutout!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

BlindSite posted:

100% There's so many interesting trends when you look at the last financial crisis and what the press started writing about more and more right at the same time.

The media junket when the PPP loans were forgiven and the list of who got what was published I’ve never seen more articles on Joe Biden or guns in my life.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Roasting some broccoli and making penne ala vodka for dinner. Tomorrow will be baked chicken and butternut squash pilaf. Sometime this week I'll make my super bastardized shakshuka and maybe chicken chili.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Android Apocalypse posted:

Had extra long beans & eggplant so I stir fried them up with some fried tofu targ.for dinner to eat while watching the Oscars.

So far Emily Blunt & The Rock are dying on stage.

At least Guillermo Del Toro won for Pinocchio. Also wew Portland shoutout!

that's a drat fine looking wok

ready for the finale of Last of Us, not sure how they're going to wrap this all up in one episode unless it's an extra long one

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Can't wait to sit in some leather seats in August.

https://twitter.com/WilliamByrdUSA/status/1634928695214477312?s=20

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I'm not crying at Key Huy Quran winning you are!

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

"Do you come with the car?"

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Amy Pole Her posted:

Right? It’s gonna be a big week or three for the culture wars while this bank contagion runs its course

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Amy Pole Her posted:

The media junket when the PPP loans were forgiven and the list of who got what was published I’ve never seen more articles on Joe Biden or guns in my life.

Just endless fraud forgiven within the blink of an eye, with minimal oversight.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

This is a little outside Madison, so this could be fine or really sweaty.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Intruder posted:

ready for the finale of Last of Us, not sure how they're going to wrap this all up in one episode unless it's an extra long one

nope, 43 minutes. let's see how they pull this off

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Wait, there's a new Justified show?!?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
It was all a dream by Tommy Westphall

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Intruder posted:

nope, 43 minutes. let's see how they pull this off

is Last of Us a limited series of 1 season?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

shirts and skins posted:

Dodd-Frank hasn't been repealed, and it had nothing to do with SVB's collapse :psyduck:

Like I guess under the original DFA they would have been subjected to a few heightened prudential standards, but honestly the problem was simple mismanagement of interest rate risk

in other news: don't get COVID, it sucks, do not recommend

Barney Frank is on the board of Signature Bank, not SVB.

Which was heavily involed in crypto, which would be very much in the wheelhouse of Section 165A which was gutted when they stripped those requirements from all but like 10 banks. The rules they changed moved the asset requirements from 50 to 250B which both SVB (210B) and Signature (110) fall under.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
which one of you were quoted for this wired article

quote:

Blackburn, however, says researchers will continue to find a way to scrutinize what’s happening on Twitter. “We’ve been mostly cut off from Facebook for years and we’ve continued to make progress,” he says. “It’s not like science is going to be held hostage by a guy that played himself into burning $44 billion on a website that makes no money, just so he could force all its users to read his shitposts.”

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Bird in a Blender posted:

This is a little outside Madison, so this could be fine or really sweaty.

This is about 20 minutes from me. I might head out of town for a few days.

Also, mid August in Wisconsin is most likely going to be sweaty as gently caress. My wedding was in the second week of August and it was 100F with 80% humidity.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

"Do you come with the car?"

hehehe, oh you!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Do they like saran wrap the seats or what? because I'm barely willing to touch porcelin someone else has bare assed on,.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Movie studios are more or less running ads during the actual Oscars.

It's really weird.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Movie studios are more or less running ads during the actual Oscars.

It's really weird.

Finally learning from video game award shows, progress!

I mean for non-superhero movies it makes a lot of sense. People who watch the oscars are pretty much by definition the people oscar bait films are for, so stick your limited advertising budget there.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Kalli posted:

Finally learning from video game award shows, progress!

I mean for non-superhero movies it makes a lot of sense. People who watch the oscars are pretty much by definition the people oscar bait films are for, so stick your limited advertising budget there.

Yeah, I'm not watching the Oscars for ads/premieres, but it's the only reason I bother with the Game Awards. It's a smart move

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

My wife had less than the FDIC insurance limit in her business's SVB account so :toot:

E: hers is a very tiny startup

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Mar 13, 2023

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

swickles posted:

Also, can I sue to stop this bailout on the same bullshit grounds they are using to sue to stop cancelling a tiny amount of student debt or is that too on the nose?

:hmmyes:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Kalli posted:

Do they like saran wrap the seats or what? because I'm barely willing to touch porcelin someone else has bare assed on,.

Be careful with the stick shift.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It's August so avoid leaning up to a car to look at the interior unless you want a weenie roast

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I have completed my rewatch of Heat.

Great movie.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I have completed my rewatch of Heat.

Great movie.

Seeing it on the big screen last night was something else.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/vulture/status/1635105053521371137

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Seeing it on the big screen last night was something else.

Apparently Heat 2 was a book and is being turned into a movie.

It's a prequel.

Okay lol I'm on board

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Everything Everywhere is absolutely cleaning up tonight

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Outside of Everything, Everywhere All At Once I'm glad that the academy saw the light and gave the Oscar to Naatu Naatu.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Last of us was good.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Freaquency posted:

Everything Everywhere is absolutely cleaning up tonight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMUDVMiITOU

Cant believe the guys who directed this swept the Oscars less than a decade later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

FizFashizzle posted:

Last of us was good.

It was. Was that also the first game's ending?