Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
It just keeps getting more :magical: every time I peek into SAD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Psycho Landlord posted:

I think my favorite av change on this forum is the guy who started the new goonfund, tbh

Like midway through the whole plinkey argument and standup of the new fund, somebody bought him an av of some anime girl with a title change that just read L I B E R A L. He was as confused as the rest of us.

It's especially dumb because that poster does the most actual leftist organizing work of any poster on the entire forums. Like if you needed any proof at all that most of the faux-leftist rabblerousing on the politics forums is nothing more than dipshit keyboard warriors, there you go.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
I didn't see the AVs before lol

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Make that two. He rebought it for Endorph.

EDIT: Three actually, I got hit again.

That's $140 so far. Will we hit $150 before the dawn?

Hot drat, I didn't except the meltdown to continue after he got de-ik'd and I went to bed

The Postman
May 12, 2007

IGgy IGsen posted:

Hot drat, I didn't except the meltdown to continue after he got de-ik'd and I went to bed

Yeah I figured once he lost the buttons the excitement would die down. Fortunately he still had access to the "pay $10 per attempt at an insult" button

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

susan b buffering posted:

lmfao at everything

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

lmao i love this dumb forum

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
That guy also has a weird thread in the “Post My Favorite” forum that I didn’t know existed until today where he talks to himself.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Someone's still buying custom titles.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I mean, if this isn’t an argument for the reinstatement of the Sagas thread, I don’t know what is. Look at all this free money falling into Jeff’s lap.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Frank Frank posted:

That guy also has a weird thread in the “Post My Favorite” forum that I didn’t know existed until today where he talks to himself.

If this is real can someone post it? Bit of Sunday reading.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

TheMightyBoops posted:

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Lol

shelley
Nov 8, 2010

TheMightyBoops posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3992068&perpage=40&noseen=1

ill save you the click, it’s just

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Frank Frank posted:

It honestly gives me the creeps a bit. I might gas it

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

drat I missed all that good poo poo. Lesson learned, never go outside

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

I think I’m gonna go outside.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

womb with a view posted:

drat I missed all that good poo poo. Lesson learned, never go outside

TheMightyBoops posted:

I think I’m gonna go outside.

lol

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

some plague rats posted:

It honestly gives me the creeps a bit. I might gas it

I say leave it. That way you’ll know if you end l up on his Billy Madison “People to Kill” list

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

it should be a good early warning system when he starts posting in there about being witness to a great becoming

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

lmao

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Ok lol but I think let's not talk about the recent sad ik incident for now, esp as he's denying buying the avatars, and I'm hoping nobody else in the team is paying attention to what they think is a bootleg thread...

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

why would people in the team be paying any attention to a pyf pet pics thread?

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Why does the cat have a calculator? Are cats good at math, because I still need to do my taxes.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

Cthulu Carl posted:

Why does the cat have a calculator? Are cats good at math, because I still need to do my taxes.

tried to get him to do accounting homework

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
pyf something awful tails
https://i.imgur.com/3fjtJrY.mp4

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I didn't know cats came in a sphere shape

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
One of the more common legends, unsure if everyone has actually seen it before - https://js.somethingawful.com/icq-pranks/icq-transcript-space/1/

pandy fackler
Jun 2, 2020

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Redshirt flamed out even faster. Wish there were a place to post about that saga.

can anybody tell the story about redshirt melting down or provide a link?

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
I don't have archives, but I think his meltdown started in Tokaii's ban me thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3671361&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

It may have spread to other threads judging by the LC for that day: https://forums.somethingawful.com/banlist.php?&sort=&asc=0&adminid=0&ban_month=10&ban_year=2014&actfilt=-1&pagenumber=19

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Lumbermouth posted:

Almost a decade later, I still adore the renfaire guy with a hundred fancy spices and oils that desperately needed help to make a pasta sauce, then didn't even make the sauce.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3723305

this is one of the benchmark standard sagas imo. that and the gender-swap fire emblem recruitment hack.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

I caught this discussion in another thread the other day, but alas at the time there was nowhere on the forums to lol at past events in SA history:

pantslesswithwolves posted:

I often wonder what kind of poster Elon would be if he were a goon. I know he fancies himself a Lowtax type, but even though he turned out to be an enormous piece of poo poo whose last decision was the right one, you have to admit that 1999 Lowtax had the right blend of a certain wit, charisma and circumstance that a community could coalesce around and Musk has…none of that. His tweets are like the epitome of lovely White Noise poster who is so intolerable that not only does he get run out of FYAD, but even BYOB finds him too unchill to post.

Mr. Nice! posted:

yospos canon is that apartheid clyde formerly posted under the name stymie who was one of the most tedious trolls who always acted like he was some sort of laborer til someone called him out as a vc or some kind of c-level, he melted down, and stopped posting after getting banned for comparing himself to a rape victim.

I only touch my computer in ISO9001 compliant ways so I don't follow YOSPOS. I wonder if there's any Forums Rememberers who are more familiar with this tale. The way Elon desperately wants to be seen as a Poster and seeing as how SA was one the major places to practice the craft in the 00s, it does seem like there's a non-zero chance he was a goon at some point.

e:

Lumbermouth posted:

Almost a decade later, I still adore the renfaire guy with a hundred fancy spices and oils that desperately needed help to make a pasta sauce, then didn't even make the sauce.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3723305

Of the many, many things that are funny in there, one overlooked detail I enjoy is that he has enough spices to open a bootleg Penzey's outlet but goes through eggs so infrequently that he might have 1 or 2 in the back of the fridge? That are 3-4 months old?? :iiam:

Porfiriato fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Mar 13, 2023

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dogs playing in snow ftw

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

a pleasing hound

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

copy
Jul 26, 2007

SirSamVimes posted:

why would people in the team be paying any attention to a pyf pet pics thread?

Nice pet.

Great pet!

Excellent pets in this thread!