Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

I haven't gotten a new exotic ever since they started being locked behind the super lost sectors, and the last time I tried that, I was walled by the first group of enemies(a servitor who was immune shielding 2 fallen snipers, who kept landing pixel perfect shots to tear my head off.

I thought one of the main points of the engram you can buy from Xur, was to get a chance at exotics you didn't have?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Brand new exotics introduced in the current season are only available from high difficulty lost sectors (and, apparently, the vex invasion event that almost never happens and crashes PS5s when it does). Xur can give you exotics you don’t have that were introduced in previous seasons

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

haveblue posted:

Brand new exotics introduced in the current season are only available from high difficulty lost sectors (and, apparently, the vex invasion event that almost never happens and crashes PS5s when it does). Xur can give you exotics you don’t have that were introduced in previous seasons

The one time I finished the super minotaur event, I got a shiny....raiden flux.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

arsenicCatnip posted:

taking the solo requirement out of it would immediately make them way more fun. Basically make em mini-nightfalls.

This is what I want. I have run friends through LLSs and we really enjoy it (I used it to teach them about champs), but having no rewards is weird. Lost Sectors are *fun* to run as a team. I was honestly expecting Strikes to be level matched along with Lost Sectors, except Lost Sectors have champs and are designed tougher outside of light level.

I know I'm against the grain, but I think -5 delta for Hero NFs is good. Running through with a matchmade team that had clearly never done the Battleground before took a while but wasn't particularly frustrating. The weird jump to -15 for Legend confuses me, when Master is -20, feel like that curve should be smoothed.

I also feel like the increased difficulty has made the resilience nerf kind of redundant in PvE. The double nerf of increased enemy damage plus decreased survivability from the Res nerf does hurt, and it would've been far better if they modified the curve to make lower tiers more meaningful to match the damage output of enemies.

I think that's been my takeaway from the adjustments. I appreciate a lot of it, and I appreciate the intent, but the jumps could definitely use some smoothing. Also they should increase the reliability of rewards for content. What you earn from specific difficulties in NFs and stuff is appropriate I think. If you're equipped to handle Hero NFs then you're probably gonna benefit from enhancement cores and prisms. Problem is the rewards should be guaranteed.

A Hero NF awarding an enhancement prism or two and two or three cores plus a vanguard weapon and some shards is actually pretty good for that. Problem is you should be guaranteed to get those rewards. Sometimes getting two shards and some glimmer feels bad. Rewards chosen good, reliability bad.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Iterate, more like Shitter-ate

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

haveblue posted:

Xur can give you exotics you don’t have that were introduced in previous seasons
Not sure about this. There are a bunch that were LLS exclusive I don't have from previous seasons, and they've never popped from Xûr.

Do Hero nightcalls not drop the weapon? I've done 12 now and still no Mindbender's.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Do Hero nightcalls not drop the weapon? I've done 12 now and still no Mindbender's.

The nightfall weapon drop rate is abysmal on any level below gm, where it becomes guaranteed AND a better version. It will be exceedingly rare, to double check make sure it says "nightfall weapon" in the rewards. But if you want a mindbenders the best thing to do is wait for gms.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Got a clear of normal RoN - not sure if I'm ready to agree on "easiest raid" label, but the first encounter sure felt like the easiest thing since Confluxes. Encounter 2 isn't anything complicated, but it's very easy for stuff to go wrong and light/dark runner strat doesn't feel like it leaves a lot of room for recovery or mistakes, and the other strat feels like it's going to take more coordination since you'd need to call "dunks' to avoid loving stuff up. Encounter 3 really didn't feel too bad despite seeming like it gave contest groups the most trouble, but Nez did not feel like the cakewalk he was made out to be, but we maybe didn't have the best damage strategy and there might be a few mechanics kinks to still work out.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Trying to do the battleground right now and in the boss fight the enemies have stopped attacking, heal to full if not killed with a few seconds. The wights to break the shield are spawning and dying but the dropped thingy isn't collectable. ...

and after two minutes of that the instance has crashed, that was weird.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Hackan Slash posted:

The nightfall weapon drop rate is abysmal on any level below gm, where it becomes guaranteed AND a better version. It will be exceedingly rare, to double check make sure it says "nightfall weapon" in the rewards. But if you want a mindbenders the best thing to do is wait for gms.
Yeah straight after that it dropped, poo poo roll but at least I can reroll at Zavala eventually.

Br3instyrm
Jan 3, 2013

Kalli posted:

Trying to do the battleground right now and in the boss fight the enemies have stopped attacking, heal to full if not killed with a few seconds. The wights to break the shield are spawning and dying but the dropped thingy isn't collectable. ...

and after two minutes of that the instance has crashed, that was weird.

The same happened to me on PS4, but rest of the fireteam could get the things and break the shield. After the game crashed on me, I was able to relaunch and reconnect just before they killed the boss. Whole Lightfall has felt a bit raw to me and the bigger spawns chug on the basic PS4.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

RocketRaygun posted:

I mean, it's bugged. It's only supposed to give you a charge if you have none and it's giving you charges every time. I'm not sure if making it work as intended counts as "gutting it".

I do a finisher which spends all my armor charges to recharge my grenade, the finisher then gives me my armor charges as I now have none. Working as it ought to, imo.

(I also, non-jokingly, flatly don't give a gently caress if this isn't how it was intended because it was fun and they should keep that since very little remains in their game that is as fun as it was 2 weeks ago)

After playing with it I can make it mostly work well in a slightly different way so I'm sure I'll deal it's just annoying

fast cars loose anus fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Mar 13, 2023

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Did a legend dares that almost locked itself after we murdered crota, that sure was fun to wait and see if it was all pointless or not. Got lucky, but seems like plenty are having issues with the whole mode.

Back on the pinnacle grind, maybe this will be the season I don't bash my head into a wall for upgrades in a slot because only chests and primary slot poo poo is dropping. That being said, I've been swimming in class item drops that would've been power upgrades for other slots for different builds. Fun.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
I wanted to do the weekly campaign mission on legend difficulty, and accidentally joined someone doing that mission on legendary

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I got my rear end handed to me in today's LLS so instead I went to Savathun's house and turned a worm into a gun :unsmith:

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I spent way too long on Neomuna looking for strand bonding sites and only got one to spawn in over two hours.

Yarrington
Jun 13, 2002

While I will admit to a certain cynicism, I am a nay-sayer and hatchet man in the fight against violence. I pride myself in taking a punch and I'll gladly take another.

RBX posted:

I spent way too long on Neomuna looking for strand bonding sites and only got one to spawn in over two hours.

Too late now but if you switch subclasses you can use the same one twice

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm way behind and have only done Legendary Campaign so far and my only take on that is that it felt way more punishing than Witch Queen. I did Witch Queen as a Void hunter and now I feel like that was the wrong choice and I'm much stronger and have a really powerful Arc Star Eater loadout and I was still getting pummeled. Strand was frustrating to use because it kept popping in to gently caress with my established loadout that I had built very specifically around my subclass and giving me these extremely difficult fights with this incomplete subclass that doesn't have a grenade. The Minotaur fight with the rotating wall was absolutely stymieing. I had absolutely no idea how I was gonna beat that thing.

Then I figured out that Assassin's Cowl will proc off of the grapple melee and you can guarantee the grapple melee will activate every time by turning off your charged melee in your controller settings. So you can just go invis and get health back basically on demand. The Minotaur fight was still extremely difficult but Calus was actually a lot of fun to do solo with that loadout. It was also probably the first time in the entire campaign I felt like I could control the pace of a fight with a Tormentor, thanks to the big open arena with the catwalks.

Anyway, Bungie is never wrong, anybody who complains about the raid being too easy is a no life poopsock streamer who doesn't want anybody else except them to enjoy the game and anybody who complains about legendary lost sectors being too difficult is a skill issue scrub who should go back to Fortnite. And obviously every PvPer should be put in prison.

Seriously though gently caress that Minotaur fight, that thing was nuts.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Wavesplitter + a void MG like Retrofit Escapade goes hard with the complimentary artifact mods. I'm using that with devour and contraverse on my warlock for my 3rd and final solo legendary clear and just cruising through it

heated game moment fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Mar 13, 2023

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

heated game moment posted:

Wavesplitter + a void MG like Retrofit Escapade goes hard with the complimentary artifacts. I'm using that with devour and contraverse on my warlock for my 3rd and final solo legendary clear and just cruising through it

Yeah with a little guidance from discord and a bit of play style strictness I've managed to come up with a gently caress All Champions to Death build using Unfinished Business as my heavy (mostly due to lack of RE). It's by far not my *favorite* load out to run but it handles all the annoying poo poo so I've been using it.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Oxyclean posted:

Nez did not feel like the cakewalk he was made out to be, but we maybe didn't have the best damage strategy and there might be a few mechanics kinks to still work out.

Any raid encounter is easy if you do it with 6 Starfire Well Locks and play the game for 14+ hours a day. I’m not upset that a new group got world’s first and I got my community to spam the video with comments about how they cheated. I’m not upset that I got smoked in this race by unknowns and got 57th. But this raid was incredibly easy and you should listen to me and only me.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Mill Village posted:

Any raid encounter is easy if you do it with 6 Starfire Well Locks and play the game for 14+ hours a day. I’m not upset that a new group got world’s first and I got my community to spam the video with comments about how they cheated. I’m not upset that I got smoked in this race by unknowns and got 57th. But this raid was incredibly easy and you should listen to me and only me.

someone feed that through one of those voice ai things

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Mill Village posted:

Lol wait what's this about getting his community to spam somebody

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

PathAsc posted:

Did a legend dares that almost locked itself after we murdered crota, that sure was fun to wait and see if it was all pointless or not. Got lucky, but seems like plenty are having issues with the whole mode.

Back on the pinnacle grind, maybe this will be the season I don't bash my head into a wall for upgrades in a slot because only chests and primary slot poo poo is dropping. That being said, I've been swimming in class item drops that would've been power upgrades for other slots for different builds. Fun.

it hangs because there's a spawn stuck in one of the portals. going around and attacking all of them to kill that spawn lets the mode end.

what i don't get it why people go through an entire run, and then if something goes wrong at the very end, they just quit. like dude, we made it this far, it was a stupid mistake in a pickup group that led to a wipe, dust yourself off and keep going. one more boss run is much much shorter than having to run the entire activity again. had a few pickup legend dares groups this weekend that ended this way. one person gets mad and leaves, then everyone else does (instead of taking a minute to pick up a 6th).

would be nice to give a negative commendation in that instance.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Mill Village posted:

"im not owned! im not owned!!" i continue to insist as i slow shrink and transform into a tangle

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

MJeff posted:

Lol wait what's this about getting his community to spam somebody

I'm being sarcastic, but Salt did get his community really up in arms about Wells so I'm not putting it past him. He also kept his comms muted during the race long after he lost.

tyrelhill
Jul 30, 2006
i get a bounty that can only be done in a pvp mode that is randomly selected.

naturally i get the other one 5 times in a row.

so i just start leaving until i get a control map and get punished for it.

what a stupid loving game

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

tyrelhill posted:

You could just delete the bounty.

tyrelhill
Jul 30, 2006
yes this is clearly my fault. not that i need 1 to finish weekly pinnacle and its the last one i have to complete

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
You mean powerful? Couldn't you just grab a repeatable rng daily instead?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
You can do infinite repeatable bounties and buy them on the app between matches

Just do 8x “kill 5 hunters” or “10 kills with a pulse rifle” or whatever

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Verdugo posted:

it hangs because there's a spawn stuck in one of the portals. going around and attacking all of them to kill that spawn lets the mode end.

what i don't get it why people go through an entire run, and then if something goes wrong at the very end, they just quit. like dude, we made it this far, it was a stupid mistake in a pickup group that led to a wipe, dust yourself off and keep going. one more boss run is much much shorter than having to run the entire activity again. had a few pickup legend dares groups this weekend that ended this way. one person gets mad and leaves, then everyone else does (instead of taking a minute to pick up a 6th).

would be nice to give a negative commendation in that instance.

Glad I just kept spamming poo poo then, it was super laggy too. And yeah, the ft leader almost dumped us back to orbit until he saw we were trying to murder poo poo still.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

tyrelhill posted:

yes this is clearly my fault. not that i need 1 to finish weekly pinnacle and its the last one i have to complete

Delete that one and buy one of the random ones, it's the rightmost selection.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Verdugo posted:

you can also use the relic sword to chop directly into the portal and kill whatever’s stuck in there (stepguardian)

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

tyrelhill posted:

Randomized playlists suck rear end and are one of the the worst new PvP changes. Why have a bounty or a challenge for a specific mode if people can’t choose that mode directly?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

PERMACAV 50 posted:

Randomized playlists suck rear end and are one of the the worst new PvP changes. Why have a bounty or a challenge for a specific mode if people can’t choose that mode directly?

:haibrow:

tyrelhill
Jul 30, 2006
all they need to do is quickplay filtering like call of duty has had for last 300 years, but bungo is bungo

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I swear I have to run 10 resilience at all times and it sucks.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Every stat other than resilience and recovery is a dump stat for all my characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

tyrelhill posted:

all they need to do is quickplay filtering like call of duty has had for last 300 years, but bungo is bungo

Lol you didn't know about the random bounties, huh.