Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Nix Panicus posted:

Doomsday econ evergreen summary: The system is eventually going to collapse, unleashing economic doomsday, but its not going to happen tomorrow no matter what the thread thinks or the news is reporting. The current state of things is lmao. Also number only goes up.

Refer to this post whenever you feel behind to immediately catch up

Today, better than tomorrow, worse than yesterday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

A Bakers Cousin posted:

someone said bloomberg terminals have some sort of social function? Id image if thats so its full of all kinds of winners

It does and I dream of the day I can see the chat logs of the worst people on earth

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

triple sulk posted:

i'm glad i didn't vote for joe biden

same, forever and always :respek:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

coelomate posted:

sure they can. One of the major risks to raising rates too much or too quickly was the unrealized losses that would pile up on bank balance sheets.

As of Sunday March 12th, there's no such thing as an unrealized loss on a bank's balance sheet due to interest rate moves - they can immediate cash against them at their old value. It's effectively a 600 billion dollar stimulus lmao just lmao.

jpow could set rates to 25% tomorrow and the banks wouldn't blow up :toot:

the bank has to go broke and get taken over by the government for it to happen, the bankers themselves still lose all their money

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Yeah even if the bank failures end here it means the fed can’t just keep raising rates without breaking some major poo poo

I don’t expect tomorrow to be Black Monday but this does feel like beginning of a major reckoning

the reckoning will be against Joe Biden's incompetent administration. The banks made out like bandits, and the politics of it will be glorious for the people who seek to do great harm to the poor

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Nonsense posted:

the reckoning will be against Joe Biden's incompetent administration. The banks made out like bandits, and the politics of it will be glorious for the people who seek to do great harm to the poor

No matter what the fed/treasury did the chuds were going to take the exact opposite opinion. It doesn’t loving matter because it’s all a game where none of us get to play in it but are expected to choose a side and be outraged.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Nix Panicus posted:

Doomsday econ evergreen summary: The system is eventually going to collapse, unleashing economic doomsday, but its not going to happen tomorrow no matter what the thread thinks or the news is reporting. The current state of things is lmao. Also number only goes up.

Refer to this post whenever you feel behind to immediately catch up

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
In much the same way that the mainstream liberal position on toxic train explosions quickly became "it's no big deal, chemicals are good, trains crash all the time, they voted for it anyway", their position on bank bailouts will become "it's necessary and good, not technically a bailout, you're racist and sexist and classist if you think this isn't good, it happens all the time anyway"

Literally no bank ever needs to do any kind of risk management ever again, the system is too rickety

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Banks could argue that fines against them institute risk, and should perhaps not be enforced during such a crisis

shackleford
Sep 4, 2006

https://twitter.com/VCBrags/status/1635116668551839746

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

triple sulk posted:

ground floor

america loving sucks

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
Tech people going to be even more insufferable than usual for a while. Twitter folks really should've waited for a confirmed kill before busting out the champagne.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

triple sulk posted:

america loving sucks

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

coelomate posted:

sure they can. One of the major risks to raising rates too much or too quickly was the unrealized losses that would pile up on bank balance sheets.

As of Sunday March 12th, there's no such thing as an unrealized loss on a bank's balance sheet due to interest rate moves - they can immediate cash against them at their old value. It's effectively a 600 billion dollar stimulus lmao just lmao.

pretty good

take_it_slow
Jul 7, 2011

2 words
priced in

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

the fundamentals of the economy are invincible

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Paradoxish posted:

Tech people going to be even more insufferable than usual for a while. Twitter folks really should've waited for a confirmed kill before busting out the champagne.

any time one of those fuckers scrapes a knee I will be there with a loving marching band

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

FistEnergy posted:

strongest and most advanced economic system in the history of the world, also if there is the slightest hint of instability we will immediately panic and open the floodgates

anyway we’re gonna bomb china

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Nonsense posted:

yep, dems are losing in 2024 for sure!!!!!!

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Blood

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I need a vibe check of techbros at SXSW following the great news

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
The one thing I learned from this whole experience was that I did not have a proper nor robust enough hatred for Tech companies. I am now an anarcho-primitivism.

Prometheus, take back the flame, we cannot be trusted with it.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Rexicon1 posted:

The problem is also the solution.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Horseshoe theory posted:

There will never be a reckoning, OP - they'll simply do more-and-more elaborate cover-ups ad infinitum. Embrace it!

nah, material reality is going to reflect on policy eventually, and we get ever closer to that every day

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

coelomate posted:

are you referring to a bailout, which they will assume is guaranteed?

otherwise I don’t get it

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

Thorn Wishes Talon posted:

yep, dems are losing in 2024 for sure!!!!!!

it's going to be a red tsunami, the chuds won't mess it up by flinging their own poo poo while asking the jewish question to normal people on the street

joe biden is finished

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Rexicon1 posted:

The one thing I learned from this whole experience was that I did not have a proper nor robust enough hatred for Tech companies. I am now an anarcho-primitivism.

that's right

i'm a bona fide luddite

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

RealityWarCriminal posted:

Mitch mcconnell is still laid up in the hospital from his 'fall'

He’s probably severely crippled from his likely bleed

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

SpaceDrake posted:

nah, material reality is going to reflect on policy eventually, and we get ever closer to that every day

i'm shorting this post

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
Material reality might catch up to any given person in this thread, but it won't catch up to the people who matter.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

triple sulk posted:

america loving sucks

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

:guillotine:

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Xaris posted:

that's right

i'm a bona fide luddite

the luddites had such a reasonable justification for their actions that the centuries following were used to lie about their intentions entirely until their name became synonymous with "anti-technology", when in reality their message was if anything even more relevant now than ever before

they were right then and they sure as hell are right now

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

miniscule12 posted:

it's going to be a red tsunami, the chuds won't mess it up by flinging their own poo poo while asking the jewish question to normal people on the street

joe biden is finished

if Tom Brady ran as an independent, on a platform of apple pie and baseball and flatly refused to answer a single policy question he’d win in a landslide

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
everything is stupid

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

https://twitter.com/WifeyAlpha/status/1635033453912813568

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Paradoxish posted:

Material reality might catch up to any given person in this thread, but it won't catch up to the people who matter.

Not without some help it won't

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Shipon posted:

the luddites had such a reasonable justification for their actions that the centuries following were used to lie about their intentions entirely until their name became synonymous with "anti-technology", when in reality their message was if anything even more relevant now than ever before

they were right then and they sure as hell are right now

absolutely

the socio-economic and material conditions are almost identical between them then and today

which by the way ended as a result of immense and rapid militarization of the cops to gun down any dissenters

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

miniscule12 posted:

joe biden is finished

Whether Dems win or not, and whoever the nominee is, they're going to run the most openly right wing campaign since 1996

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

there should be at least three more doors there, probably more

still laughing at him tweeting about FRC and its stock taking a poo poo ten minutes later on friday, the man is a drunken master, I wonder if he even has to try or if he just hears the music