Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

CitizenKeen posted:

Where is Second Dinner based, such that the game isn't respecting DST?

Arizona maybe? Man, I do not miss losing an hour every spring and being groggy the following week.

Edit: Oh, this was DST day, sorry suckers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Of course Gambit hits my 9 power Sunspot out of all of this. Sure.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Push El Burrito posted:

Of course Gambit hits my 9 power Sunspot out of all of this. Sure.

Yeah, wild how often RNG seems to favor the opponent.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

CitizenKeen posted:

Where is Second Dinner based, such that the game isn't respecting DST?

They base the resets off UTC. It's wildly unfair to Americans.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Anyone else up for a draft match?

MARVEL SNAP Friendly Battle Code: 22625

Edit: Didn't have the draft deck equipped, should be good now

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

I can't stand it when I'm trying to run a new deck and the game keeps tossing District X and Weirdworld and poo poo at me. Come onnn let me at least tryyyyy

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Dudes who snap when weirdworld or district x come down are weird, either they have their wincon in hand from the start or just betting you bail so they get a free cube.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

priznat posted:

Dudes who snap when weirdworld or district x come down are weird, either they have their wincon in hand from the start or just betting you bail so they get a free cube.

They usually have some of their combo but most of the time they just know no one wants to play those locations so they snap to try and force a retreat.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Scrap Dragon posted:

Anyone else up for a draft match?

MARVEL SNAP Friendly Battle Code: 22625

Edit: Didn't have the draft deck equipped, should be good now

Congrats to whoever Tom is. I thought I had pulled a half decent destruction deck but them's the breaks.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Scrap Dragon posted:

Congrats to whoever Tom is. I thought I had pulled a half decent destruction deck but them's the breaks.

Team Overhead sMash (Tom) here. My draft was pretty good with Quinjet, Maria Hill, Moongirl and Devil Dino plus some decent if less synergetic cards like Polaris.

Also pulled a Series 5 card I actually have, which I added to the deck but have found absolutely no use for in either of my games.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

RevKrule posted:

They usually have some of their combo but most of the time they just know no one wants to play those locations so they snap to try and force a retreat.

I've come to appreciate District X a lot more than I used to. It's kind of like Ego jn that it's just pure RNG craziness for both players.

I'll usually snap on Weirdworld and Mindscape for the reasons you mentioned. I especially like Weirdworld if I'm playing Collector.

I lose more than I win on all 3 locations though. I am not good at this game.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I don't get my matchmaking. I get 40(45), fail down to 38, dominate back to 44, start getting curb stomped back to 42.. Same deck, more experience and competence, just tougher/craftier opponents.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

New Leaf posted:

I don't get my matchmaking. I get 40(45), fail down to 38, dominate back to 44, start getting curb stomped back to 42.. Same deck, more experience and competence, just tougher/craftier opponents.

This is exactly how it goes for me too, last season I couldn’t get above 60, season before that 70, now I can barely get above 45.. why?!

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

priznat posted:

Or they're like me and know their deck sucks and they're about to get something better

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Or they snap because gently caress it, this is a game and it’s fun to go all in on some bullshit

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I do agree Lockjaw is a roulette chance, but I'd still like a simple nerf. Maybe making his effect On Going could be decent as you can shut it down with chantress or rogue if you're fast enough. Also would make Super Skrull more useful as you can use him like Lockjaw along with other On Going effects.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Is anyone doing anything with Nimrod? I threw him in a Destroyer list and he does reasonably well. I've also seen him in a Sera list and Cerebro 5 of all things. I'm thinking of trying that Sera shell.

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm
I don't think I've seen nimrod at all except for the few times I played him at the beginning

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Walla posted:

Is anyone doing anything with Nimrod? I threw him in a Destroyer list and he does reasonably well. I've also seen him in a Sera list and Cerebro 5 of all things. I'm thinking of trying that Sera shell.
I've faced him a bunch and really enjoyed the matches, because when he drops you know things are about to get hosed and loving crazy and you're in trouble, but also he's just a 5 power so you're not having to deal with 30+ power lanes than only broken combos can reasonably reach. You could boost his power in theory but i've never seen anyone do that presumably because there's not enough space in your deck to fit a good card in for doing that when you also need a lot of destroy and stuff and also a plan B if you don't draw him in time. I've mostly lost against him so far. Basically he's fun and good but not broken, I like, two thumbs up.

Bisse fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Mar 12, 2023

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Walla posted:

He's in my Galactus deck but I'm not sure I want to keep him there. Ideally you wind up with Galactus, 2 Nimrods that have Shuri buffs, and a Wolverine at the end, but it's heavily telegraphed that way and easy to shut down. I think I preferred my old deck where you ramp out Galactus on 5 and hopefully played Knull and Death on 6. Less obvious and way bigger numbers

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

My start to this season has been far from my normal rollercoaster of rank gains thanks to the 5 extra levels at each rank up, and admittedly on the back of the Shuri/Redskull meta deck. Since I was able to pick Shuri up in the token shop I figured I better get my money's worth out of the card and the Meta deck before the incoming changes.

I'm back up to 65 already which is around my max from last season, and it took me multiple weeks to reach last season.

I'd like to thank the Galactus player I faced twice in a row for my last couple of cubes. The first game was telegraphed and stopped with Aero (they then retreated). We were rematched and they retreated again as soon as the Dialy Bugle flipped up and I'm guessing got a copy of my in hand Aero.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I've also seen Forge or Shuri into Nimrod. I think I like the Forge option since it gives you room for another 2 drop on 4. I might give it a shot.

novamute
Jul 5, 2006

o o o

priznat posted:

This is exactly how it goes for me too, last season I couldn’t get above 60, season before that 70, now I can barely get above 45.. why?!

When MMR and rank are divorced you absolutely end up in situations like this naturally. Because you did better last season you have harder opponents now, even in the lower ranks

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

novamute posted:

When MMR and rank are divorced you absolutely end up in situations like this naturally. Because you did better last season you have harder opponents now, even in the lower ranks

This sucks tho, it makes me feel like I'm worse at the game. I want to be able to climb up instead of constantly being beaten when I cross a threshold in the rank ladder.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Met my first Galactus deck today, I knew it was coming, and luckily came out on top.

Still need 600 tokens to get Galactus myself ;(

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
Just started playing a few days ago and am still on Pool 1.

Learning some good lessons though. Just Cabled a Morph which I then played on Bar Sinister thinking Morph would replicate then change. Unfortunately it changed into Lady Sif then replicated destroying my hand completely. Neat!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Yeah I never had much use for Morph...any time I ever played him he would just copy a lovely card

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
I haven't seen discard in DAYS. Switch to discard because I inked my Apoc variant and now I've hit 4 mirrors in a row.

Decks have no effect on matchmaking.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

priznat posted:

This sucks tho, it makes me feel like I'm worse at the game. I want to be able to climb up instead of constantly being beaten when I cross a threshold in the rank ladder.

Yeah I've clawed my way up to 46. It's always a few steps forward followed by an almost equal amount of steps back.

psychopomp
Jan 28, 2011
I can't get out of the mid-30s to save my life.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I've been facing people with the current season infinite card back since day two of the season

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Devo posted:

I haven't seen discard in DAYS. Switch to discard because I inked my Apoc variant and now I've hit 4 mirrors in a row.

Decks have no effect on matchmaking.

Same, I switched to Discard (actually, only Gambit + Wong) to do the Season Pass mission and I was facing Discard decks suddenly.

Finished that off, went to Sera Surfer (didn't face Discard, lots of Ongoing and Shuri tho), hit 60, and my Mystery Variant is Pixel Rogue which is somehow both recognisable but also eurgh at the same time

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Do you think it might have something to do with the season mission that you're seeing discard decks

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I've been facing people with the current season infinite card back since day two of the season

Yeah I've been facing a string of these today down at cl330 with way cooler cards i have yet to unlock. I just want that nimrod av :(

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

So, I unlocked my first post pool 3 card and it's the 1602 Sera Variant. Neat, but underwhelming since I don't run any Sera decks. Then I look in the token store and apparently since my Rockslide was the Holiday Variant I have yet to unlock him? That's a shame.

+20 ranks this week, I expect to fail horribly come Monday.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Yeah, you don't have to own the original card to get a copy from a limited time "variant rush" (or if it's one of the set variant rewards in a season pass) but you'll end up opening the original version from a cache eventually so it all evens out

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

I absolutely adore :allears: how the game keeps giving me Star Lord stuff even though I never play him. I just got my third card variant for him, on top of his avatar and 200 boosters for him.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

OxMan posted:

Also my crappy earlier posted baero deck has now taken me to 85. Hell yeah. I feel like infinite can happen.

95!!! Did not expect to climb this hard this fast (started the season at 20) 85 is definitely a bump up, i have to be a lot smarter about retreats, which is to say retreat if I'm sure I'm going to win. And even then, lots of pocket picks and strong t4/5 cards lose me some 4/8 cube games too. Props to whatever goon offhand mentioned the psylocke on 4 > 6 Shulk/Infinaut, that combo and Aero are where most of my 4/8 cube wins are from. 1600 CL mostly F2P ($3 bux)

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?

Jordan7hm posted:

Or they snap because gently caress it, this is a game and it’s fun to go all in on some bullshit

:hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Screw you, Galactus haver!