Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
R?MJ is not, a good game. It is in fact way worse than like, D or that Frankenstein game with Tim Curry. But it is also like 60 minutes long and stunningly stupid in the second disc so it's worth watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gq01inHeDrg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jay Rust posted:

Posting is good though

:hmmyes:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

and so is anime case closed :cool:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

homeless snail posted:

it's called detective conan actually

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Case Closed was good yes

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

homeless snail posted:

:cheers:

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
anime is good when:

a laser rakes across something then that line explodes a second later

someone gets a cooler, more powerful form

anime is bad when:

everything else

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
do you take issue with my truths

Relax Or DIE posted:

anime is good when:
a robot merges with another robot and flexes while shouting the name of the new combined form. possible explosions and shockwaves a bonus

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

homeless snail posted:

I did not study Forums Law for 7 years to let this blatantly unverifiable fact stand :colbert:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
here's a cool(?) robot from a video game
https://i.imgur.com/OLRT6y7.mp4

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Relax Or DIE posted:

anime is good when:

https://i.imgur.com/OB4rKNI.mp4

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

this is the second anime i ever watched, after "Vampire Hunter D"

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

I said come in! posted:

Finished watching Season 1 of the Last of Us, and it was extremely good. Like way better than any video game adaptation has a right to be. So excited for season 2. I wonder if they will stretch Part 2 out to multiple seasons considering the success of season 1, and that part 2 is a longer game.

TLOU the game is actually an adaptation of the tv show they just inexplicably made the game first

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
kamille is a man's name!

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

anime is good when problems are solved with the power of friendship

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Anime is good when they show someone moving extremely fast by drawing duplicate images of them on the screen

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Been playing Okami since I finished Link to the Past and it is a rather splendid, incredibly charming and funny game with one of the best art styles I have seen. I am playing a game that looks like a moving painting and painting being a part of the gameplay has me grinning. I love bringing trees back to life by painting circles :)

Also it is always funny to learn via goons listening to me babble and read text aloud that I have gotten to where I am in the world not knowing how to pronounce certain words and that I guess I have not been around anyone who has caught them before to tell me I am wrong. :dumb:

Everyone: Pseudo is pronounced Sudo
VG: Pseudo is pronounced Swaydoh.

Classic.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

A-ko is goated

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

do you take issue with my truths

before speaking to me on this subject please consult the rhythmic pictographic riddles of my factions altarpiece, then immediately return home and sacrifice 1 chicken and 1 goat under a gibbous moon, afterwards you may ask me 3 yes or no questions re: tourism

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I played all the metroids except other M and the DS spinoffs over the last few weeks, many of them for the first time (and the ones that weren't for the first time I first played ages and ages ago). Hot take incoming:

(I also wrote way too many words about them over in the metroid thread)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Play Other M :unsmigghh:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
instead of that I'm playing symphony of the night, which is a game I have somehow never played before

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

cheetah7071 posted:

instead of that I'm playing symphony of the night, which is a game I have somehow never played before

Hey! This was me last year! :)
Played Metroid Dread and loved it (I would put it in S Tier) and thought now I have finally played and beaten a game from the Metroid part of Metroidvania I should really play a Vania part.

Probably one of the best soundtracks and most fun item rpg mechanics that I was not aware you could do in platformers. Looking forward to getting round to Rondo of Blood and Aria of Sorrow and Portrait of Ruin (I hear these are good fun).

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
the Sorrow pair are the only vanias I've played and I can vouch for both kicking rear end

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

cheetah7071 posted:

extremely good life decision

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

You're right, I should make some high quality gifs

https://i.imgur.com/OQeV4oK.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/zBKvEb3.mp4

Just amazing traditional animation

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

similar to what Charlie Foxtrot said it was like the second anime I ever watched right after Ranma The Movie 2

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
is your arm numb?

cheetah7071 posted:

I played all the metroids except other M and the DS spinoffs over the last few weeks, many of them for the first time (and the ones that weren't for the first time I first played ages and ages ago). Hot take incoming:

(I also wrote way too many words about them over in the metroid thread)
dread is s tier and metroid 2, while definitely better than some other metroid games and still one of my favorite nes/game boy era games, one I've played through at least a dozen times, it suffers from age. that said it's still rock solid for the era it's from. the sound design was great, the weird SPLOY-CHAH of the missiles was always weirdly charming, like absolutely not the noise I'd expect. most of the noises in that game were just super weird and different, I loved it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
also while trying to find a youtube video of various sound effects from metroid 2, I found the japanese commercial for it, and this thing fuckin rules
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvcaJen3bxY&hd=1

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I honestly disagree (with it aging poorly). I think it holds up completely. The gameboy has intense technical limitations but they masterfully chose a design and tone for the game that works well within those limits. I have no nostalgia for it and played it for the first time just a few weeks ago and was spellbound the whole time. I think it's an all-time classic, in ways neither remake captures (and Samus returns in particular isn't even interested in trying to capture)

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

VideoGames posted:

I love bringing trees back to life by painting circles :)

you can also paint circles on the people and they will pet you

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

cheetah7071 posted:

I honestly disagree (with it aging poorly). I think it holds up completely. The gameboy has intense technical limitations but they masterfully chose a design and tone for the game that works well within those limits. I have no nostalgia for it and played it for the first time just a few weeks ago and was spellbound the whole time. I think it's an all-time classic, in ways neither remake captures (and Samus returns in particular isn't even interested in trying to capture)
I never played samus returns, but I definitely felt after returning to 2 recently that its limited visuals and window of view can lead to getting lost easily. there's MASSIVE swathes of the map that are just dead ends or lead to unnecessary powerups.

I LOVE 2, but it is not without its flaws. I have not played AM2R but I hear that's quite good, does it keep the basic feel of 2 but streamline it? that's all I wanted from a metroid 2 remake, when I saw them going hog wild with whatever they were doing with samus returns I tuned out pretty quickly and never picked it up, and heard middling reviews for it after the fact.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

VideoGames posted:

Everyone: Pseudo is pronounced Sudo
VG: Pseudo is pronounced Swaydoh.

Jerma beat ya to that bit already

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

verbal enema posted:

Jerma beat ya to that bit already

I am happy to be in good company.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

That's bs, everybody knows Pseudo is pronounces Seh-oo-doh.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

puh syoo doo

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I thought it was Swaydo because I had been reading it wrong. Like Suede not Pseudo.

Which, considering I also misread Gibraltar as Gilbatrar for many decades completely tracks. Letters all close together and I cannot read it right. :dumb:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty