Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

The Glumslinger posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMUDVMiITOU

Cant believe the guys who directed this swept the Oscars less than a decade later

I know, it fuckin rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Amy Pole Her posted:

The media junket when the PPP loans were forgiven and the list of who got what was published I’ve never seen more articles on Joe Biden or guns in my life.

I was blown away when I was told a business I work with took out a PPP loan. We're in an industry that wasn't shut down and they're one of the largest in the country.

Just a total joke.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Dango Bango posted:

I was blown away when I was told a business I work with took out a PPP loan. We're in an industry that wasn't shut down and they're one of the largest in the country.

Just a total joke.

So many people received literally millions of dollars for nothing. For free. Fake rear end companies started by both democrats and republican Congresspeople... MILLIONS. FOR FREE.

Pure insanity. And just nobody cares.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
I had a friend get laid off by a company who took a substantial PPP loan for payroll expenses. That one chafes a lot.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I remember after I saw EEAAO I thought that no one would take it seriously for awards

I'm glad I was proven wrong :)

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I'll never forget leaving EEAAO & thinking "Completely bad luck that Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness is coming out later this year because it is already the inferior multiverse movie."

Now it's time to watch the season finale of The Last of Us.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

The Glumslinger posted:

Cant believe the guys who directed this swept the Oscars less than a decade later

Yeah, the Oscars didn't used to have taste.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
My wife and I watched Banshees 6 weeks ago or so, both of us were like "yeah that was definitely different, but fundamentally entertaining with a couple funnier parts than anticipated."

Then we watched it a second time for something she had for work a week ago, and now it's absolutely hilarious? Like 4 or 5 legitimate lol's, we were both agreed that neither of us remembered it as that funny the first go.
Same viewing environment, nothing was changed in our relative weed/alcohol levels between the two showings.

One of the biggest 2nd-watch improvement movies I can remember.

We were both whelmed by EEAOO, but as a child of the 70's and 80's I was glad to see Short Round finally getting the Indiana Jones Lifetime Achievement Award.

The Glumslinger posted:

I...how come I didn't hear this before now. It makes a lot of sense now, and that video was fire and one of the very few music videos I've bothered to take the time to go find in the last 20 years or so.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
The Oscars happened?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Rectal Placenta posted:

The Oscars happened?

I turned it on a couple hours into the show, and the turned it off again less than a minute later. I forgot how awful the Oscars are.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
Woke up to the news that the discount air carrier I'm booked on had planes siezed over a financial dispute, and waited with bated breath to hear if my plane was affected. Seems like no.

Back to work this week after 7 days of watching curling, A+ time, would brier again.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

Last of us was good.

My girlfriend has a group of friends that all share their Netflix, Hulu, HBO, Disney+ logins in exchange for their other logins and we sat down for our new weekly routine of Monday night dinner and TLoU Episode 5 only to find out the HBO owner cancelled their membership :(

So we decided to just wait until they were all out and sign up and watch them over a couple of nights which we decided to start last night, and HBO was being a total bastard and wouldn’t open at all :mad:

I need my Pedro Pascal!

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Silly Burrito posted:

It was. Was that also the first game's ending?

Yes it was.

I was really surprised they were able to cram it all into one episode, cause the hospital part of the game feels like it takes forever with all of the sneaking around and stuff

I'm really excited to see how they handle the content from the second game, because people coming into the show without playing the game are going to be sooooo pissed/upset

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

ozymandius1024 posted:

Yes it was.

I was really surprised they were able to cram it all into one episode, cause the hospital part of the game feels like it takes forever with all of the sneaking around and stuff

I'm really excited to see how they handle the content from the second game, because people coming into the show without playing the game are going to be sooooo pissed/upset

I didn't play the game, but the last episode left me a little disappointed. I think they could've stretched this out to two more episodes. The hospital part was super short and I think they could've done more with that. The whole season felt rushed to me. I liked the very end, and I would've been happy with that being the end of the series.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Bird in a Blender posted:

I didn't play the game, but the last episode left me a little disappointed. I think they could've stretched this out to two more episodes. The hospital part was super short and I think they could've done more with that. The whole season felt rushed to me. I liked the very end, and I would've been happy with that being the end of the series.

Very very rushed. I liked the show a lot but it really felt like a bit empty overall. Overall an enjoyable series but it didn't close nearly as strong as I hoped

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I hope Steve Carell is young enough to play a significant role in Big Short 2.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The Glumslinger posted:

If music videos had an Oscar for best picture that would have won though

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

LeeMajors posted:

lmao Charles Schwab

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

LeeMajors posted:

Jonah Hill as Peter Thiel.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Hey swick

https://twitter.com/rsgat/status/1635288190339911681?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Lol, I just hope this moves the needle a tad on something, anything

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

swickles posted:

Lol, I just hope this moves the needle a tad on something, anything

Will you accept the needle moving to the right on the US's Gini coefficient a little more?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Presidents as big beefy boys

https://twitter.com/hamcarless/status/1635124986284494853

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

George Washington looking like Super Macho Man over here (punch out, not the cream of the crop)

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
But Lincoln WAS a wrestler!

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Qwijib0 posted:

Woke up to the news that the discount air carrier I'm booked on had planes siezed over a financial dispute, and waited with bated breath to hear if my plane was affected. Seems like no.

Back to work this week after 7 days of watching curling, A+ time, would brier again.

poo poo which air carrier?

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

JPrime posted:

poo poo which air carrier?

Flair

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

How does this forum not have any sort of ric flair/woo based emoji. Hopefully your flights stick around, I'm flying "Breeze" airlines at the end of the month, hopefully that company exists by then.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/SaycheeseDGTL/status/1635296566646018048?t=XOdHv3G9YEf0eMj4ZngUOA&s=19

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

That feels unlikely to pass

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

But Lincoln WAS a wrestler!

King of the cage!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Oh cool my MiL came very close to making a huge financial mistake this morning so now we are in “OH poo poo how are we going to manage this moving forward mode.”

That’s not what I wanted to see already but I guess our parents are getting old enough to need constant financial supervision.

gently caress.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

ozymandius1024 posted:

George Washington looking like Super Macho Man over here (punch out, not the cream of the crop)

WWE had an actual SMM lookalike and didn't lean into it at all

He's also the guy who got booed into oblivion for making fun of the Sonics leaving Seattle

Intruder fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Mar 13, 2023

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

Intruder posted:

WWE had an actual SMM lookalike and didn't lean into it at all

He's also the guy who got booed into oblivion for making fun of the Sonics leaving Seattle

Weird that Vince wouldn't be all over a gimmick centered around an exercise program.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

That's a bit much. Let people make their own stupid decisions. Move it up to 21 or whatever beer is.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

LeeMajors posted:

Oh cool my MiL came very close to making a huge financial mistake this morning so now we are in “OH poo poo how are we going to manage this moving forward mode.”

That’s not what I wanted to see already but I guess our parents are getting old enough to need constant financial supervision.

gently caress.

How many Bored Apes did she buy?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

swickles posted:

How many Bored Apes did she buy?

Worse. A used Land Rover.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

dear god

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

LeeMajors posted:

Worse. A used Land Rover.

I feel bad, but I also really hope the phrase "in this economy?!" was uttered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Frankly I’m at a loss.

She is supposedly undoing it now (she hadn’t left the dealer or completed everything when she told the family), but she almost certainly was going to even lose her rear end in the trade—a much newer, more reliable and *loaded* desirable model <4yrs old.

I wasn’t expecting for all of us to have to babysit finances yet, but welp.