Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I laugh at the round cat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

copy
Jul 26, 2007

i laugh with and among round cats. we are not the same

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The yard was pristine, unblemished snow shortly before that video. Gus's favorite thing is making sure no stretch of snow is not mucked with or rolled around in. He was born on the streets of Texas and lived a year basically wild before being rescued, so snow is a new and amazing thing to him that he's only recently gotten to enjoy. It's his favorite thing.

Anyways, I know there's a lot of hilarious drama and meltdown sagas, but gimme some feel good, positive tales.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Porfiriato posted:

Of the many, many things that are funny in there, one overlooked detail I enjoy is that he has enough spices to open a bootleg Penzey's outlet but goes through eggs so infrequently that he might have 1 or 2 in the back of the fridge? That are 3-4 months old?? :iiam:

- Teaches a class on period Scandinavian breadmaking
- Cannot make pasta sauce

I adore this guy because he just completely bypassed 'cooking as a means to keep myself alive' and went straight to 'cooking thirty gallons of beef stew that I give to LARPers for free.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Kasan posted:

I just like hearing more about my supposed financial ruin, :munch:

Fetus Tree posted:

You literally couldn't afford food

Don't try to backpedal your way out of this, King Arthur

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

bitcoins are really good

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

woah

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Lol

copy
Jul 26, 2007

that's a lotta clucks!

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

That's a lotta chicken nuggets

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5g_gs6nnyo

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

What physics problem is this for?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

it's the idealised chicken; a homogenous sphere

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
perfectly round eggs, absolutely demented chicks

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Captain Invictus posted:

The yard was pristine, unblemished snow shortly before that video. Gus's favorite thing is making sure no stretch of snow is not mucked with or rolled around in. He was born on the streets of Texas and lived a year basically wild before being rescued, so snow is a new and amazing thing to him that he's only recently gotten to enjoy. It's his favorite thing.

Anyways, I know there's a lot of hilarious drama and meltdown sagas, but gimme some feel good, positive tales.

Good dog.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Captain Invictus posted:

pyf something awful tails

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Captain Invictus posted:

pyf something awful tails

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

A+ post/av combo

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

Milo and POTUS posted:

I laugh at the round cat

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

You can see how soft they are :love:

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
The little terror finally stopped attempting to destroy the house and fell asleep like this:

Pinus Porcus
May 14, 2019

Ranger McFriendly

Captain Invictus posted:

I don't know where it falls. Maybe not feel good, although a great funny read.

It is not the goon causing problems, but rather, the roommate, so despite the drama, I don't think it truly falls in that category:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3779396

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

cowofwar posted:

Uh, a renter just can't start building new walls in the house.

Is such a good first reply

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Grassy Knowles posted:

Is such a good first reply

what is with the forums and dog murder fans lol

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

lobster shirt posted:

what is with the forums and dog murder fans lol

We’re the dog murder georg of internet forums since it’s proven that it just gets a slap on the wrist the first 10 times.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Grassy Knowles posted:

We’re the dog murder georg of internet forums since it’s proven that it just gets a slap on the wrist the first 10 times.

Hey let’s be fair. One guy had to pinky swear never again to post about dog murder after posting about dog murder for years so clearly it is being taken seriously

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Frank Frank posted:

Hey let’s be fair. One guy had to pinky swear never again to post about dog murder after posting about dog murder for years so clearly it is being taken seriously

he got probed today for talking about strip clubs though lol (another banned topic for him)

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
It’s good to forbid a single poster for being incredibly psychotic about multiple topics but continue to allow them to post here because they buy people avatars now and then I guess

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Pinus Porcus posted:

I don't know where it falls. Maybe not feel good, although a great funny read.

It is not the goon causing problems, but rather, the roommate, so despite the drama, I don't think it truly falls in that category:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3779396
This is incredible, it's Groversublet

quote:

he insulated inside walls it's like Grover insulating the steps

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Yo we are having a fun old-school video game discussion in the not-sagas thread in SAD. Talking about 90s portable systems, their battery life and the Ninja Gaiden series. Jump right in but mind the 10 loving minute post timer

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

Still a little sad the thread was goldmined before arf could post this

holy gently caress lmao

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Frank Frank posted:

Yo we are having a fun old-school video game discussion in the not-sagas thread in SAD. Talking about 90s portable systems, their battery life and the Ninja Gaiden series. Jump right in but mind the 10 loving minute post timer

i didnt even know there was a portable turbo grafx thats insane

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

was certainly r-something

e: third time today I've posted in the wrong tab

TheSwizzler fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Mar 14, 2023

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Frank Frank posted:

encouraging brigading... sagas really is as bad as they were saying

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

sagas brigade gangtag

sad question
May 30, 2020

I sometimes think about the thread that caused goons to eat dog food.

One day some goon decided to share his plan to save money in GBS - by eating dog food when possible, as in his estimation it was cheaper to buy than people food. This was of course immediately mocked and a mod gave him a challenge - to post a video of eating some dog food (so he understand how dumb an idea this was) or be banned. Some other person did it first, but as OP eventually completed the challenge he was not banned. However, the quickly moving thread achieved critical mass and the story did not stop there.

Goons just kept filming and posting themselves eating pet food (they started to branch out outside of just dog variety). The mood in the thread changed and people started yelling at anyone who posted a video of dry heaving after trying pet food. But they kept coming. Every other page someone else would casually drop a video and the cycle would start again. Eventually it stopped but the thread stands out in my mind as example of goons' determination to keep the joke going far past the point it was enjoyable to anyone.

Remember this SA legend if you ever have an odd idea to save money on food.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

sad question posted:

I sometimes think about the thread that caused goons to eat dog food.

One day some goon decided to share his plan to save money in GBS - by eating dog food when possible, as in his estimation it was cheaper to buy than people food. This was of course immediately mocked and a mod gave him a challenge - to post a video of eating some dog food (so he understand how dumb an idea this was) or be banned. Some other person did it first, but as OP eventually completed the challenge he was not banned. However, the quickly moving thread achieved critical mass and the story did not stop there.

Goons just kept filming and posting themselves eating pet food (they started to branch out outside of just dog variety). The mood in the thread changed and people started yelling at anyone who posted a video of dry heaving after trying pet food. But they kept coming. Every other page someone else would casually drop a video and the cycle would start again. Eventually it stopped but the thread stands out in my mind as example of goons' determination to keep the joke going far past the point it was enjoyable to anyone.

Remember this SA legend if you ever have an odd idea to save money on food.

This was because he calculated that it was nutritionally optimal, down to which brand would be the best value.

The first person to eat dog food in the thread reported something along the lines of "not dead, now have a silky coat"

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
There's one video from that of a goon eating wet dog food, which goes considerably less optimally than the dry stuff. I believe even a whiff of it up close caused him to dry heave, and a taste made him vomit.

I think I have it saved somewhere, if I can find it before someone else posts it I'll upload it, it's hilarious. Mod challenges could be real cringe but that one was extremely good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sad question
May 30, 2020

Doctor Goat posted:

This was because he calculated that it was nutritionally optimal, down to which brand would be the best value.

The first person to eat dog food in the thread reported something along the lines of "not dead, now have a silky coat"

In that case I take it all back, that sounds very scientific