Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

in what world does anyone still believe the market bends for political assassination

that died in the Trump era
they've gotten a taste for unrestrained growth and will not take a dive to spite some moth-balled corpse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

FistEnergy posted:

anyone in dnd discord should be immediately jailed for life

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i was supposed to set up an interview for some job and i'm trying to figure out a diplomatic phrase to basically say "there's obvious poo poo going on so if you're not replying to me because of it, i get it, it's business, but just let me know"

i'll probably be ghosted anyway since it's been a few days without a reply and they probably wouldn't want to openly admit to it

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Bank!

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

FistEnergy posted:

anyone in dnd discord should be immediately jailed for life
i legit forgot i was in there but its good for some laughs and by laughs i mean at the lengths they will go to protect and absolve dems

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Casey Finnigan posted:

do these coworkers have like more than 250k in the bank or something. they should be fine

I think you are underestimating the stupidity of the general population

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
Bank runs happen on vibes and collective panic, not a sober material analysis.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Some very dumb from Harvard Law is on Bloomberg insisting there's no need for more bank reputations because it's the Fed's fault for not acting as lender of last resort to save SVB from itself.

While then saying that actually it's a failure of oversight of the bank. The hosts seem moderately bewildered by this

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Dick Bove is correct:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I'm vibing rn :cool:

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
The human is perhaps the dumbest animal.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
So by tomorrow the fed is going to announce that they will also be making all bank investors whole forever going forward and that if at any time your bank stock decreases in value they'll buy it from you at the price you paid plus a nice little bonus, right?

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011

Casey Finnigan posted:

do these coworkers have like more than 250k in the bank or something. they should be fine

we should be encouraging this behavior, not shaming it, as it will result in more funny things happening

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Penisaurus Sex posted:

Ah, the vibecession strikes again!

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

triple sulk posted:

i was supposed to set up an interview for some job and i'm trying to figure out a diplomatic phrase to basically say "there's obvious poo poo going on so if you're not replying to me because of it, i get it, it's business, but just let me know"

i'll probably be ghosted anyway since it's been a few days without a reply and they probably wouldn't want to openly admit to it

"if you dont reply within 5 minutes im doing a bank run"

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

forkboy84 posted:

Some very dumb from Harvard Law is on Bloomberg insisting there's no need for more bank reputations because it's the Fed's fault for not acting as lender of last resort to save SVB from itself.

While then saying that actually it's a failure of oversight of the bank. The hosts seem moderately bewildered by this

From the same people who brought you the price-spike Texan energy market system, Harvard!

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
scrolling as i'm making GBS threads don't want to miss the torrent of posts

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Penisaurus Sex posted:

managing the perception of events is all they have, you'd think they'd do that here as well

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

webcams for christ posted:

Dick Bove is correct:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the fed already knows the February cpi numbers right ?

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
wonder if we’ll get a doped up Joe Biden speech around 3 to try and massage things upwards before close

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Stock market appears convinced we're going back to zero interest soon because of all these banks collapsing.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/rsgat/status/1635288190339911681?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Thoguh posted:

So by tomorrow the fed is going to announce that they will also be making all bank investors whole forever going forward and that if at any time your bank stock decreases in value they'll buy it from you at the price you paid plus a nice little bonus, right?

Who knows! But yellen has floated the idea of the US treasury or Fed to buy up non-voting stocks!

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Thoguh posted:

Probably only if you hold more than 250k of bank stock at a time. For systemic reasons.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

china must be getting some laughs off on this one

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

SKULL.GIF posted:

I'm vibing rn :cool:

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Lessail posted:

scrolling as i'm making GBS threads don't want to miss the torrent of posts

many dumps on both sides

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

NUMBER

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

euphronius posted:

the fed already knows the February cpi numbers right ?

almost certainly

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

banks collapsing and the market is in green it really is utterly detached from anything

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Lessail posted:

scrolling as i'm making GBS threads

AzzaccaRye
Dec 9, 2020

SirPablo posted:

The human is perhaps the dumbest animal.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

stocks up

a few banks down

nothing collapsing

everyone using tik tok dances to soberly analyze bank capital requirements, appropriate risk for depositors, and jim crammer's jim cramer's latest hungover rant

nothing is broken everything is breaking nothing is breaking nothing is broken nothing can break

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

HallelujahLee posted:

banks collapsing and the market is in green it really is utterly detached from anything

No, no, you see, the bank investors are being very silly right now. The index investors are being very rational.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

Penisaurus Sex posted:

wonder if we’ll get a doped up Joe Biden speech around 3 to try and massage things upwards before close

everything is ok, all major indexes are green. the future is bright!

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

HallelujahLee posted:

lmbo the morons in the dnd discord are saying this is a conspiracy by chuds to take down buchanon joe

Jesus Christ

Mr Hootington posted:

Everyone in that group chat should be jailed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Lol