Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is last to drop out of the primary before trump is nominated?
This poll is closed.
desantis 128 29.91%
rubio 33 7.71%
haley 57 13.32%
goku 210 49.07%
Total: 358 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Freakin' Epic Dr. Peterson sir!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MattO
Oct 10, 2003

emfive posted:

For SXSW week there's a bunch of free shows (and MLK Ultra needs to read his loving PMs) but I'm kind-of interested in a punk band called Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs, I may go walk around and take pictures.

I was thinking about hitting up the Thurs Levitation day show looks like they're on that bill

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

emfive posted:

jorp is a loving idiot, how does somebody so stupid get a phd and tenure

they have really low standards in Canada

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

emfive posted:

For SXSW week there's a bunch of free shows (and MLK Ultra needs to read his loving PMs) but I'm kind-of interested in a punk band called Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs, I may go walk around and take pictures.

they're great, go see them.

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

didn't realize we were coming up on the 15yr anniversary of 2008's failure. glad they're bringing it back with Bust Classic

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

lmao the suit is so bad but adding the matching nikes is just so painful to look at

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

emfive posted:

yea true, this is a thing I learned a really long time ago so I should just go back to drinking continuously

There ya go

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

lol you still think institutions mean something

you know I'm as much of a "this earth is a toilet that needs to crash into the sun" person as anybody else (though I am concerned about dolphins and cows etc, they wouldn't like the sun) but part of me still thinks that the imprimatur of a real college is worth something, and the institution has to maintain standards in order for that to be the case.

On the other hand I have personally interviewed and worked with Computer Science MSc people from mother loving Carnegie Mellon and they were uniformly weird and like, not worth the money. So let's head for the sun.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

https://twitter.com/InternetHippo/status/1635293391876677634?s=20

AzzaccaRye
Dec 9, 2020

emfive posted:

yea true, this is a thing I learned a really long time ago so I should just go back to drinking continuously

I don't recommend it.

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne
:coolspot:

buddy, elon musk will (probably) never gently caress you

thirsty try hard rear end

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

There are people who take this man seriously oh my god

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

MattO posted:

I was thinking about hitting up the Thurs Levitation day show looks like they're on that bill

Yea I may do Thursday, I'll see you there I'll be the old nerd with a stupid t-shirt

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

emfive posted:

you know I'm as much of a "this earth is a toilet that needs to crash into the sun" person as anybody else (though I am concerned about dolphins and cows etc, they wouldn't like the sun) but part of me still thinks that the imprimatur of a real college is worth something, and the institution has to maintain standards in order for that to be the case.

You must kill that part of yourself

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

bailing out a bank in 3 days while school loan forgiveness got killed over 2 years sure is a mood

Have a feeling this is the beginning of hyperinflation

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

umbrella squad in McKinley's second inaugural parade, 1901. go here for an enormous version of this pic

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne

emfive posted:

On the other hand I have personally interviewed and worked with Computer Science MSc people from mother loving Carnegie Mellon and they were uniformly weird and like, not worth the money. So let's head for the sun.

part of me still thinks that the imprimatur of a real college is worth something

brother you better mean real (as in not in america or american-affiliated in any way, also those oxbridge twats and mcgill for good measure) because otherwise, dad, i hate to break it to you but fuckin lmfao god drat, ahahahahhaha

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Bread Liar

Greg Legg posted:

There are people who take this man seriously oh my god

thank god they do, wish all people would display all their red flags up front.

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

Buddykins posted:

who the gently caress is t. Farrel

It's Farrell but you took the L

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

OBAMNA PHONE posted:

lmao the suit is so bad but adding the matching nikes is just so painful to look at

would love to see jorp just turn into an insufferable sneaker head instead of whatever it is he does now.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Matt Lesko wore it better

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne
pffffffffffffffffffft ahahahahahahahahhahahaahahahhahaahha

oh my god

im dyin

lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Ultra Carp

Flamingofarts posted:

the future liberals want.

I don't know but I been told
Robot pussy is mighty cold

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

this dude been straight benzopostin for days now lol

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

SirPablo posted:

Getting a PhD doesn't always mean you are smart.

One of my friends has a very math focused masters involving statically analysis and we got into a big argument during covid because he was doing percentages wrong

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne
like the minute i walked into faculty onboarding and admin were referring to students as "customers" -- that was my damascus (gently caress you paul)

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

this is Eden and her parents had her kidnapped and forcibly detransitioned and now she's dead and it's pissing me off

https://twitter.com/CYBERANGELFAERY/status/1615762728164917254

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 361 days!

euphronius posted:

Some of the stupidest people in the world are medical doctors.

my roommate in undergrad hated wearing seatbelts because "i don't plan on getting in accidents" and trusted his own driving instincts above all else

he is a brain/spine surgeon now

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Ultra Carp

tacodaemon posted:

umbrella squad in McKinley's second inaugural parade, 1901. go here for an enormous version of this pic

Second inaugural parade? You only get to inaugurate once, pal

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

quote:

A U.S. Capitol rioter misled prosecutors about a recent visit to Washington, D.C., attending the Conservative Political Action Conference without permission and boasting about it on social media, according to a new court filing.

Prosecutors accused Gabriel Garcia, a Proud Boys member who filmed himself taunting then-House speaker Nancy Pelosi during the Jan. 6 insurrection, of lying about his reason for returning to Washington. Instead of conducting business associated with his trial, he went to CPAC in nearby National Harbor, Maryland, the prosecutors say.

"The government is surprised by defendant’s whereabouts on his recent trip," wrote U.S. attorney Matthew Graves in the filing. "The government consented to defendant’s travel out of Florida to Washington, D.C. for the limited stated purpose of attending trial and meeting with counsel. It appears, however, that the exigent circumstance warranting defendant’s numerous last-minute requests to travel to Washington, D.C. on these precise dates was for the purpose of attending CPAC DC 23 – not watching trial."

It's almost like all of them are unrepentant and also white nationalist terrorists

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne
ive had parents offer bribes for their kid to pass 100 levels

i had a dean tell me not to kick a kid out of my classroom after threatening me and fellow students because his parents were legacy

one of my colleagues was noteworthy for having all As in all their courses just to "keep the peace"

american education is a loving joke

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

That's the power of positive thinking for you

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/brianluidog/status/1635130889750577155?s=20

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

millennials are killing humor!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Flamingofarts posted:

the future liberals want.

No thanks

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Bread Liar

tenderjerk posted:

my roommate in undergrad hated wearing seatbelts because "i don't plan on getting in accidents" and trusted his own driving instincts above all else

he is a brain/spine surgeon now

was seeing a woman late last year and on our first date we hit up a winery then afterward we got some food and said she'll drive. got in the car and she drives like a madwoman, saying things like "I know I'm a lovely driver, I don't care about anything or if I die, I have nothing" then proceeded to tell me she can drink a ton and not get drunk because the medication she can get from work (something for ADHD) nullifies being drunk.

she was a doctor. stopped that relationship insanely quickly.

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

get a load of this sarcosexual

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

sinnesloeschen posted:

ive had parents offer bribes for their kid to pass 100 levels

i had a dean tell me not to kick a kid out of my classroom after threatening me and fellow students because his parents were legacy

one of my colleagues was noteworthy for having all As in all their courses just to "keep the peace"

american education is a loving joke

Knew a guy in undergrad who was shockingly stupid and annoying. We managed to get one of the professors when he'd had a couple at a party to explain that the department wasn't supposed to fail him out but also no one would give him C's or D's either because they didn't want him to retake anything so they'd have to teach him again.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

OBAMNA PHONE posted:

Trying to be Tom Wolf. Sorry, Wolf can actually write.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AzzaccaRye
Dec 9, 2020