Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is last to drop out of the primary before trump is nominated?
This poll is closed.
desantis 128 29.91%
rubio 33 7.71%
haley 57 13.32%
goku 210 49.07%
Total: 358 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Who won plinkeys big meat

In Plinkey, everyone wins big meat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

goth smoking cloves posted:

I'm gonna invest all my money in canned san marzano tomatoes and tomato paste, the price can only go up!

and if nothing else the bartering potential is through the roof on those

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Why are all cartoonists crazy?

quote:

Pastor Hank Kunneman of One Voice Ministries asserted over the weekend that Joe Biden's administration "doesn't exist" and that the president had been replaced with a body double with "different looking earlobes."

In a Sunday sermon flagged by Right Wing Watch, Kunneman told his congregation that "woke" endeavors would fail.

"Interesting that God said that from the very start, November 4th, this is a fake administration; it doesn't exist. Why would he say that?" the pastor asked. "And then you got a guy (Biden); when I look at pictures, I don't know how many guys are trying to be him."

"I'm a cartoonist; I can recognize when somebody doesn't look the same," he continued. First of all, you got different looking eyes, different looking head, different looking earlobes."
But Kunneman insisted that he was not a "conspiracist."

"I don't read conspiracies; I don't even listen to the news," he remarked. "I'm just telling you, when I've seen pictures, I'm like, what are you trying to do? You're trying to pull the wool over our eyes. And I ain't buying it. I ain't buying it, because I ain't deceived."

Kunneman said he went so far as to verify Biden's signature.

"Boy, some people are mad right now," he joked. "Don't mess with my Biden. No, B-Y-E-D-O-N-E, Biden. There you go. I'm not playing their game."

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

goth smoking cloves posted:

I'm gonna invest all my money in canned san marzano tomatoes and tomato paste, the price can only go up!

wait wait we need to talk first

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Bethamphetamine posted:

Why are all cartoonists crazy?

Mercury in the ink

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

everything feels pretty oppressive and bad

:sympathy:

sorry i can't fix it but may i offer you this pic of oliver and his new favorite toy? plz excuse the mess. we just moved

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.
There are things you need to know about "San Marzano" tomatoes

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Create standing armies of election police

ho boy

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

BoothBaberGinsburg posted:

:sympathy:

sorry i can't fix it but may i offer you this pic of oliver and his new favorite toy? plz excuse the mess. we just moved

Gray tuxedo cats are an underappreciated sort
they're in spring casual style

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

emfive posted:

are they sin Marzano?

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

petit choux posted:

What's funny to me RN is how somebody once told me Russia ultimately collapsed under the burden of paying so many cittizens to spy on one another. Here it's gonna be people getting paid to rip one another off.

ED: what is FIRE horseshit?

Finance, insurance, real estate.

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

emfive posted:

I know most of the brands are just "san marzano style" but, I like cento and even if they aren't real san marzano they taste better than most other brands I've tried

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Gray tuxedo cats are an underappreciated sort
they're in spring casual style

lol :3: in his most casual moments i like to say he's wearing a jean jacket

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

emfive posted:

Sounds Italian

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

San Marzano tomatoes were sold out last week. Had to get ItalianSan Marzano style instead. Pizza sauce was still top notch, but SM is noticably better than trash american canned tomatoes

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

The "San Marzano" designation has to do with a place, a region where the tomatoes are grown. It is not a type of tomato.

Real San Marzano tomatoes are almost always whole tomatoes. There is a particular kind of sliced-up tomatoes that may be certified San Marzano, but those are almost never seen outside the EU. If you're buying San Marzano tomatoes in the US, they're going to be whole peeled tomatoes (in cans). To my knowledge there is no such thing as San Marzano tomato paste.

Real ones have a double certification logo on the cans, two circular images. The US doesn't give a poo poo about things like DOP labels so anybody can sell "San Marzano" tomatoes in the US whether they're real or not.

Now, the fact is, tomatoes don't know where they come from, and there are plenty of fine canned tomatoes that are not official San Marzano tomatoes. When I make a big Instant Pot batch of tomato sauce, I like to use two or three different brands to get a variety of flavor in the sauce.

Apr 7, 2003

Emfive is in the pocket of Big Italian

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

I just got a crate of certified san marzano tomatoes. Didn't know i was getting fancy boys

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Costco sometimes has Kirkland-label authentic San Marzano tomatoes that they relabel from some authentic Italian brand.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

emfive posted:

The "San Marzano" designation has to do with a place, a region where the tomatoes are grown. It is not a type of tomato.

Real San Marzano tomatoes are almost always whole tomatoes. There is a particular kind of sliced-up tomatoes that may be certified San Marzano, but those are almost never seen outside the EU. If you're buying San Marzano tomatoes in the US, they're going to be whole peeled tomatoes (in cans). To my knowledge there is no such thing as San Marzano tomato paste.

Real ones have a double certification logo on the cans, two circular images. The US doesn't give a poo poo about things like DOP labels so anybody can sell "San Marzano" tomatoes in the US whether they're real or not.

Now, the fact is, tomatoes don't know where they come from, and there are plenty of fine canned tomatoes that are not official San Marzano tomatoes. When I make a big Instant Pot batch of tomato sauce, I like to use two or three different brands to get a variety of flavor in the sauce.

I never see people making their pasta sauce or whatever using fresh tomatoes. I bet there's even an Italian word for sauce made with fresh tomatoes.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Bethamphetamine posted:

TROOF

These Four Radical Left investigations of your all time favorite President, ME, is just a continuation of the most disgusting Witch Hunt in the HISTORY of our Country. No different than the RUSSIA, RUSSIA, RUSSIA HOAX, the UKRAINE, UKRAINE, UKRAINE IMPEACHMENT SCAM, the SPYING ON MY CAMPAIGN, the “NO COLLUSION” MUELLER REPORT, etc. Whether it’s the MAR-a-LAGO RAID, the UNSELECT COMMITTEE HOAX, the PERFECT GEORGIA PHONE CALL, or the STORMY “HORSEFACE” DANIALS EXTORTION PLOT, ALL SICK, FAKE NEWS!

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Emfive is in the pocket of Big Italian

Big Italians in Little Italy

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

SirPablo posted:

Big Italians in Little Italy

ho ho ho

MLK Ultra
Mar 9, 2021

emfive posted:

For SXSW week there's a bunch of free shows (and MLK Ultra needs to read his loving PMs) but I'm kind-of interested in a punk band called Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs, I may go walk around and take pictures.

OH poo poo!

Sorry, it's been a Category 5 shitshow over here. <3.

Also that Pigs band is A++.

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

petit choux posted:

I never see people making their pasta sauce or whatever using fresh tomatoes. I bet there's even an Italian word for sauce made with fresh tomatoes.

Italians (like, people actually in Italy) have access to ridiculously good fresh tomatoes. Very good quality canned tomatoes make better tomato sauce than mediocre fresh ones.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

AxGrap posted:

Start ups aren't supposed to succeed, you are supposed to start it up and cash out as soon as possible.

more like shart ups

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

There's not really a reason to use fresh tomatoes in sauce unless you have a bunch of tomatoes you're trying to get rid of. Although once I made some sauce with some very sweet cherry tomatoes and that was interesting so i guess that's your use case if you want an extra sweet or sour sauce

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

MLK Ultra posted:

OH poo poo!

Sorry, it's been a Category 5 shitshow over here. <3.

Also that Pigs band is A++.

no worries, I hope you have a good time

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
Slime style is a changin'

https://twitter.com/JimSwiftDC/status/1635070954920644608

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

quote:

A Rhode Island man who promoted ivermectin died from a common side effect to the veterinary medicine.

Danny Lemoi, of Foster, had been taking a daily dose of veterinary-grade ivermectin since 2012, after he was diagnosed with Lyme disease, and he said he quit all other medical treatments five years later because he believed the drug intended for large animals like cows and horses had "regenerated" his heart muscle, reported Vice News.

“Though it was obvious that Danny had the biggest heart, it was unbeknownst to him that his heart was quite literally overgrowing beyond its capacity, nearly doubled in size from what it should have been,” wrote the administrators on his Telegram channel. “We understand that this is going to raise questions for those who were following him.”

Ivermectin became a popular -- but ineffective -- alternative to COVID-19 treatments promoted by anti-vaccine advocates, and some of Lemoi's followers followed his dosage recommendations for themselves and children who have autism, Down syndrome and other conditions, and some of them reported alarming side effects after his March 3 death.

“I’m 4 months now and all hell’s breaking loose, all pain has hit my waist down with sciatic, shin splints, restless leg syndrome, blendy bones, tight sore calves & it feels like some pain in the bones,” a member wrote last week.

The conditions they reported matched numerous well-known side effects from ivermectin, which is used to treat parasitic worms like tapeworm in livestock, but the administrators pledged to continue Lemoi's Telegram channel.

“I am very new to this... I’ve been on Bimectin paste for 20 days,” said one follower, who also claimed to have Lyme disease. “I have severe chest pain. Costochondritis symptoms. Air hunger, internal tremors, phantom bowel movements, brain fog, headaches on the back of my head, anxiety, depression, doom and gloominess.”

They are going to blame the vaccine they didn't even take

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

emfive posted:

Italians (like, people actually in Italy) have access to ridiculously good fresh tomatoes. Very good quality canned tomatoes make better tomato sauce than mediocre fresh ones.

Yeah you're putting them in a pot with a bunch of herbs and likely oil, aromatics, salt, and whatever else and cooking it until everything melts together so fresh tomato flavor is not going to come through unless you're using tomatoes with unusual characteristics

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

emfive posted:

Does Italiana have no prestige remaining for la dolce vita?

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hatebag posted:

There's not really a reason to use fresh tomatoes in sauce unless you have a bunch of tomatoes you're trying to get rid of. Although once I made some sauce with some very sweet cherry tomatoes and that was interesting so i guess that's your use case if you want an extra sweet or sour sauce

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=innnyQEXBFE

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

Bethamphetamine posted:

They are going to blame the vaccine they didn't even take

blendy bones sounds like a lesser known MC

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Basebf555 posted:

Various forms of "she was too ugly for me to gently caress her" is Trump's go to defense for his rape/sexual assault allegations. He said the same thing about the woman who's suing him.

the woman who he recently mistook for one of his ex wives in a deposition, yes

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Hatebag posted:

Yeah, I've made sauces using fresh tomatoes, at least in season.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Imagine being the digital artist tasked with making ted cruz not look like a disgusting worm for a book cover.

Apr 7, 2003

emfive posted:

Italians (like, people actually in Italy)

gross

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

petit choux posted:

Typically the tomatoes you can get at the store aren't ripe and are out of season so they suck for sauce

If you want to use fresh tomatoes your best bet is cherry or other similar sized tomatoes as they are allowed to ripen on the vine longer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

The Italians need to be made an offer they can't refuse