Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
Plastic brettonians and tomb kings let's fuckkkking gooooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Vagabong posted:

Plastic brettonians and tomb kings let's fuckkkking gooooooo

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/03/13/old-world-development-diary-revealing-the-weapons-of-war/

Ah yeah, new Old World article talking about various weapons. Including a bunch of renders.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

First actual physical proof this is really happening, at last.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com...lades-of-khorne

And a Blades of Khorne battletome preview to sate your bloodlust.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Mors Rattus posted:

First actual physical proof this is really happening, at last.

There are 3d renders, so not actually physical proof, but I know what you mean. :v:

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

If ToW is half the greatest hits retro-compilation that Hours Heresy 2 was, I'm doomed.

Basing conventions are going to be a big news though.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/03/13/tune-in-for-next-weeks-seismic-warhammer-preview-at-adepticon/

Mark your calendars people, it's time for the Adepticon preview stream next week on the 22nd.

Let the rampant speculation begin I suppose. At least the reveals here might be more interesting than "Here is a new 40k edition".

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

edit: wrong thread

Chainclaw fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Mar 13, 2023

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Cooked Auto posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/03/13/tune-in-for-next-weeks-seismic-warhammer-preview-at-adepticon/

Mark your calendars people, it's time for the Adepticon preview stream next week on the 22nd.

Let the rampant speculation begin I suppose. At least the reveals here might be more interesting than "Here is a new 40k edition".

I feel like chorfs is a decent bet

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Winklebottom posted:

I feel like chorfs is a decent bet

I sure hope so.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

forgot there's still some seraphon to go, those are probably guaranteed

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Chorfs would be very cool but also I kinda want them to actually finish fleshing out some of the existing factions before adding more. They just added Kruleboyz and they've been trash for their entire existence because they have like 1 viable battleline unit and more heroes than you can run together. Way too many factions just do not have a decent toolbox at their disposal and end up getting pigeonholed into their respective One Good List.

Also new plastic Tomb Kings is the only thing that would instantly get me to buy into The Old World so RIP my wallet apparently.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I want some gobbo/orc war machines and is my big want from old world relaunch.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
I'm not sure what I want more, chorfs in aos or chorfs in old world.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

FWIW, they're promising "seismic" reveals and the old C.Dwarf signature weapon was the Earthshaker Canon.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Lucinice posted:

I'm not sure what I want more, chorfs in aos or chorfs in old world.
Chorfs in AoS will probably get the Lumineth treatment and be quite different from the old chorfs... and maybe a couple of battletomes per year, who knows.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Talas posted:

Chorfs in AoS will probably get the Lumineth treatment and be quite different from the old chorfs... and maybe a couple of battletomes per year, who knows.

Chorfs 2.0 were already quite different so it won't make a big splash wether or not they have hats

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

And if you crave that, then Total Warhammer 3 is going to add them at some point. As they were teased in the Immortal Empires trailer.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Chorfs would be very cool but also I kinda want them to actually finish fleshing out some of the existing factions before adding more. They just added Kruleboyz and they've been trash for their entire existence because they have like 1 viable battleline unit and more heroes than you can run together. Way too many factions just do not have a decent toolbox at their disposal and end up getting pigeonholed into their respective One Good List.

Also new plastic Tomb Kings is the only thing that would instantly get me to buy into The Old World so RIP my wallet apparently.
We still have no idea what Malerion is doing

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Froghammer posted:

We still have no idea what Malerion is doing

assembling a team of IP lawyers no doubt

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Talas posted:

I could see them being useable in both games.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Bring back the giant hats, cowards.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Give us hats bigger than the Lumineth.

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

Ok this got me tempted to dip in https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/03/14/use-guaranteed-sixes-to-tempt-your-foes-with-battletome-hedonites-of-slaanesh/

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
oh poo poo they're making the fun, cool, thematic ability you got with the Keeper of Secrets into an army wide thing?

gently caress yes.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Holy poo poo, I love that mechanic.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
It doesn't hurt that the current figures for the Hedonites lines are outstanding, Chaos AoS is absolutely blowing Chaos 40k away right now

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Grots box can be built as shootas or stabbas right? They just rebranded the box recently?

I'm debating making a gits army of 80 shootas (500pts) and 30 squigs and gnasha squig handler for 1000pts 😳

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Mar 14, 2023

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

The Slaanesh mortals stuff looks really cool but also like it would be a real slog to paint to a decent standard. So much fiddly detail on the battleline troops, but well-painted Hedonites are some of the nicest looking armies I've seen.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Speaking of Chorfs

https://youtu.be/OiHvsinEn58

Id say even odds they at least make it into Old World

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

The Slaanesh mortals stuff looks really cool but also like it would be a real slog to paint to a decent standard. So much fiddly detail on the battleline troops, but well-painted Hedonites are some of the nicest looking armies I've seen.

They look super cool but my girlfriend hated putting Blissbarbs together.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
Slickblade Seekers are the least pleasant plastic models I've ever assembled. They look great, though

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
I painted the four Hedonites that came with Direchasm and that was enough for a lifetime. The idea of an entire army of them gives me the vapours.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

e: welp, already posted

Total War just announced chorfs. I’m not sure if that increases or decreases the chances of an AoS announcement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiHvsinEn58

Winklebottom fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Mar 14, 2023

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Mors Rattus posted:

They look super cool but my girlfriend hated putting Blissbarbs together.

Hah, yeah just looking at the sprues and I know I'd be cursing god the whole time I was assembling them. So many gates connecting directly to fiddly little arrows / reins / chains.

Winklebottom posted:

e: welp, already posted

Total War just announced chorfs. I’m not sure if that increases or decreases the chances of an AoS announcement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiHvsinEn58

I'm curious to see how much the Total Warhammer design team works with GW - they hew pretty close to the actual models for most things, but when we finally get a Kroxigor model reveal that should be a good indication of whether the Total Warhammer team gets briefed on what the units are supposed to look like for future model releases or if they have completely divergent styles when there's not already an established modern design.

Grizzled Patriarch fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Mar 14, 2023

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

We already have that comparison with the Salamanders. The new Salamanders look very similar to the new Salamanders model - the only difference is the bigger fin on the módel.

Salamanders are in TWWH2, so at that point the new model was nowhere near ready, but it sure looks like they come from the same concept art.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Gw literally made an whfb 8th ed armybook for Cathay just for CA to use in creating them for warhammer 3

They work pretty drat close

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

I'm curious to see how much the Total Warhammer design team works with GW - they hew pretty close to the actual models for most things, but when we finally get a Kroxigor model reveal that should be a good indication of whether the Total Warhammer team gets briefed on what the units are supposed to look like for future model releases or if they have completely divergent styles when there's not already an established modern design.

I know Blood Bowl has a slightly different design language, but based on the BB krox, crocodillian TW krox seem very likely

Winklebottom fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Mar 14, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

AnEdgelord posted:

Gw literally made an whfb 8th ed armybook for Cathay just for CA to use in creating them for warhammer 3

Is that available? I've seen fan ones, but that would be amazing.