Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Mirthless posted:

My wife and i were just looking at packages of lunchables the other day and lamenting how little food it was

200-300 calories is not a reasonable amount for a lunch, you're making kids pay to go hungry at that point

lunchbales have had incredible shrinkflation the past decade or so. they’re so loving tiny now lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

1/8 cup vegetables lol

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

silicone thrills posted:

It's 11:30am PST. Are banks still imploding? Or was that a 4 hour ago crisis?

mr dr joe biden trundled out before markets opened and fixed everything. nothing to see here, move along

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Willa Rogers posted:

The packaging for the turkey and cheddar Lunchable option is described as a 3.5 ounce container. The document said it contains 2-ounce equivalents MMA (meat/meat alternative), one ounce equivalent of grain and “meets whole grain rich criteria” of the NSLP.

The extra cheesy pizza option comes in a 5.05 ounce container and contains 2 ounces equivalent of MMA, 2 ounce equivalents of grain, 1/8 cup of red/orange vegetable and “meets whole grain rich criteria” of the NSLP.

A lunchable is basically what an alcoholic parent would throw in a bag while extremely hungover. Reading between the lines it seems like maybe they had to reduce the salt and saturated fat? Hard to believe a lunch of crackers and shelf stable meat alternatives isn't considered healthy by the woke usda these days

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Xaris posted:

lunchbales have had incredible shrinkflation the past decade or so. they’re so loving tiny now lol

lunchbales are for horses

edit: based on your av, i would have expected you to know this! :colbert:

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Have you guys considered that micro plastics are good for our energy sector?

I say we add more plastic to food, it's a necessary vitamin for the economy.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Relevant Tangent posted:

shouldn't have boot-kissed

you're an idiot

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

if they called that lunchable charcuterie you'd be paying 15 dollars for it as an appetizer. stop being picky!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lol

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Woke Mind Virus posted:

if they called that lunchable charcuterie you'd be paying 15 dollars for it as an appetizer. stop being picky!

stop giving them ideas!!

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

actionjackson posted:

1/8 cup vegetables lol

aka 2 tablespoons

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

I am henceforth going to categorize everything i see as "lunchable" or "not lunchable"

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

actionjackson posted:

1/8 cup vegetables lol

if u use a fraction of a bigger measurement it seems like a larger serving!

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
note they were never healthy but they cost like $7 now for like 3 ritz crackers and a single slice of cheese junk food vs $1 for at least more food

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
I wonder how theyre gonna meet the veg requirement. Replacing the smaller than fun size candy with carrot sticks? Will be shocked if the meal busts 200 calories

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
lol michael moore did a documentary about things other countries do better than america and they went to france to compare school meals and LMFAO

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Mirthless posted:

I wonder how theyre gonna meet the veg requirement. Replacing the smaller than fun size candy with carrot sticks? Will be shocked if the meal busts 200 calories

a lovely carrot stick won’t last the 17 months or whatever they sit on a shelf for

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Mirthless posted:

specifying 1/8 cup of red/orange vegetable really keeps your options open imho

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Mirthless posted:

baked beans

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
https://twitter.com/business/status/1635345749021163521

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

dads friend steve posted:

they’re giving kids woke meat alternatives. sicko stuff

was thinking the new right wing outrage would be feeding kids bugs but most of them would probably be fine with that

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Lmao they're called French fries

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Xaris posted:

a lovely carrot stick won’t last the 17 months or whatever they sit on a shelf for

Dehydrated carrots in a plastic bag. Plus that would be a lot healthier than anything else in there

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Laffo yea itll be this and 99% of all portions will end up in the trash directly after purchase

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I was going to post more school lunch examples from around the world but it started to make me really sad when I saw that a lot of places in Africa are providing better school lunches than here. :smith:

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

actionjackson posted:

1/8 cup vegetables lol

lol that's the sugar filled pizza sauce

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Delta-Wye posted:

'accidently' causing a bank run and then willing an end of rate hikes into existence

thats the free market bb

you gotta hand it to em

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Lmao if this gets them to finally crack down on AI like they should have long ago.

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

i like how this became lunch thread during lunch

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

We should give kids lunches like those other countries then just hand them a brick of plastic to make the oil part of the conglomerate happy

You could even put a weird little face on it and call it something goofy like funboi, funko. I don't know let the marketing guys figure it out.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Schmoe Cwead posted:

was thinking the new right wing outrage would be feeding kids bugs but most of them would probably be fine with that

“freedom flies”

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Schmoe Cwead posted:

the quality limit for insects and insect fragments in tomato sauce is really high

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

TDepressionEarl posted:

i like how this became lunch thread during lunch

we're all daydreaming about how much in taxes we want peter thiel to pay in order to fund proper school lunches

edit: also hungry

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
We need some tech innovator to disrupt the school lunch space.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXK591Rp4BU

a dietician

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

spacemang_spliff posted:

the quality limit for insects and insect fragments in tomato sauce is really high

relax it’s just extra protein. in fact, you should be grateful that you are getting bonus protein for FREEE!

mass producing tomatoes and only picking out the perfect ones for the grocery stores leaves around 92% of the bug hole ones to get tossed into the tomato sauce bay

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/williamlegate/status/1635348535620292608?t=9INe-0aPt_xU7HNnDopPGw&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

webcams for christ posted:

still seething about this

e:

Lmao, of he's gonna run as a republican while not saying trans people should be eradicated so it won't work. Then the DNC will blame progressives for not being conservative enough.

I just hope the rest of the world is ready to put America down when we go full fascism in 2 years.