Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

*farts, leaves room*

so old:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9tclPuq6TY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Putting safety on my Twitter so I don't post myself in the head

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites

FlapYoJacks posted:

Sweeden:

South Korea:

France:

Italy:

Japan:

Whenever I see these shots the only ones I really believe are the asian ones, like SK and Japan portions look reasonable and stuff you can easily make in bulk. The rest feel like someone described the menu and they made a glamor shot for it. Literally looks like decent catering you'd be paying $$$ a head for. I mean an entire loving wedge of brie, half a pound of asparagus, an 8 oz steak, and some fruit for every kid every lunch in france? not a chance. Itally got like a 10 dollar portion of salmon there if you were cooking it at home and half a bag of grapes.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

PoundSand posted:

Whenever I see these shots the only ones I really believe are the asian ones, like SK and Japan portions look reasonable and stuff you can easily make in bulk. The rest feel like someone described the menu and they made a glamor shot for it. Literally looks like decent catering you'd be paying $$$ a head for. I mean an entire loving wedge of brie, half a pound of asparagus, an 8 oz steak, and some fruit for every kid every lunch in france? not a chance. Itally got like a 10 dollar portion of salmon there if you were cooking it at home and half a bag of grapes.

Lmao

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Turtle Sandbox posted:

Lmao, of he's gonna run as a republican while not saying trans people should be eradicated so it won't work. Then the DNC will blame progressives for not being conservative enough.

I just hope the rest of the world is ready to put America down when we go full fascism in 2 years.

Just hoping the nukes bound for the port of catoosa overshoot and wipe my house out in the first strike

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

FlapYoJacks posted:

I was going to post more school lunch examples from around the world but it started to make me really sad when I saw that a lot of places in Africa are providing better school lunches than here. :smith:

oh my how depressing that even AFRICANS have better school lunches than Americans!

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Americans will never believe how bad they have it

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

White executives receive necessary bail outs.

1 Black executives commit nefarious looting.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

PoundSand posted:

lol what

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

PoundSand posted:

“Things can’t possibly be better in other countries!”

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

We should just aim USA at the asteroid so we solve climate change and civilization at the same time

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

He's right

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Sure, it looks and tastes good, and is nutritious but how am I supposed to collect kickbacks?

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

PoundSand posted:

That's maybe two ounces of meat on the france tray dude. There's like 25 cents worth of brie on there.

Your post is like a perfect fuckin commentary on our slipping expectations as the american way of life evaporates in front of us

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Xaris posted:

relax it’s just extra protein. in fact, you should be grateful that you are getting bonus protein for FREEE!

mass producing tomatoes and only picking out the perfect ones for the grocery stores leaves around 92% of the bug hole ones to get tossed into the tomato sauce bay

i know i just think it's funny that chuds will be like "you will live in a pod you will eat the bugs" and then live in a mcmansion and eat a gallon of ketchup every week

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

To be clear I'm not saying they don't eat stuff like that, from google searches though for example they don't get an entire 8 oz wedge of brie they get like a small individually wrapped one more like the size of a babybell or such.

is way different from

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

thats leagues ahead of our garbage dumbo

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

PoundSand posted:

To be clear I'm not saying they don't eat stuff like that, from google searches though for example they don't get an entire 8 oz wedge of brie they get like a small individually wrapped one more like the size of a babybell or such.

is way different from

yeah it still feels like orders of magnitude better than what US kids get

Hockenheim
Oct 20, 2022

by VG

PoundSand posted:

shut up bitch

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Hatebag posted:

A lunchable is basically what an alcoholic parent would throw in a bag while extremely hungover. Reading between the lines it seems like maybe they had to reduce the salt and saturated fat? Hard to believe a lunch of crackers and shelf stable meat alternatives isn't considered healthy by the woke usda these days

The idea to roll out Lunchables in schools and potentially have schools provide them directly to students comes amidst new proposed changes to school food guidelines by the US Department of Agriculture, which oversees the federally assisted school meal program.

The proposed changes aim to reduce added sugars and sodium levels in school-provided lunches. The standards would reduce sodium limits gradually over several school years.

The Lunchable Turkey & Cheddar Cheese with Crackers (3.2 ounce) tray sold in Target, for example, contains 740 mg of sodium in the one packet serving size. According to the Dietary Guidelines for Americans, adults should limit sodium intake to less than 2,300 mg per day—that’s equal to about 1 teaspoon of table salt. For children under age 14, the recommended limits are even lower.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Cured meats, known for their low salt content

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

PoundSand posted:

is way different from

I know this is a crazy idea, but bear with me here for a second:

Other countries don’t try to profit off of school lunches.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

PoundSand posted:

is way different from

theyre the same size (or at least same order of magnitude), one is on a child size tray and the other is a full-size tray

look at the size of the head of the fork and imagine the unwrapped cheese is next to a small apple

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

i'm hungry

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Mirthless posted:

That's maybe two ounces of meat on the france tray dude. There's like 25 cents worth of brie on there.

Your post is like a perfect fuckin commentary on our slipping expectations as the american way of life evaporates in front of us

use the apple or kiwis for scale, that's a huge wedge of cheese and steak.

HallelujahLee posted:

thats leagues ahead of our garbage dumbo
Of course! I wasn't saying it wasn't or that they didn't have way better food/options than us. Lunchables would be a freaking joke.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

PoundSand posted:

is way different from

Is it? That tray is still a whole lot of well prepared food. It has a baked individual apple tart and a prepared salad. If it was on the same platter at the same zoom level i dont think it would look like less food.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

The federal government paused screening for Medicaid qualification in March 2020 as part of a package of emergency pandemic measures. But those rules expire this year after several extensions, meaning states can resume evaluating whether residents are eligible for coverage as of April 1. The Kaiser Family Foundation has predicted that anywhere from 5.3 million to 14.2 million Americans could lose insurance in the process, though some could transfer to Affordable Care Act programs or employer-sponsored plans, if available.

(also lol that 20 percent of NY state's budget goes toward medicaid)

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

PoundSand posted:

yeah they're prettied up for the camera but none of those are extravagant or excessively large. that's not an 8 oz steak lol

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

I refuse to believe other countries don't just pump their kids full of industrial by products

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

spacemang_spliff posted:

lol that's the sugar filled pizza sauce

finally, after 40 years, the reagan admin's definition of veggie comes to fruition.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Hockenheim posted:

shut up bitch

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

PoundSand posted:

use the apple or kiwis for scale, that's a huge wedge of cheese and steak.

Of course! I wasn't saying it wasn't or that they didn't have way better food/options than us. Lunchables would be a freaking joke.

That's exactly what i did man

Its not a huge piece of cheese or steak its a child size tray

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

PoundSand posted:

The French shot is really zoomed in, these are tiny tiny portions.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

what if we fed the kids sawdust we can save more than ever and make good ole profits

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

its even more frustrating when you realize a lot of classic/beloved recipes are intended to serve large amounts of people

kids could eat like loving kings on the cheap if they were fed Indian cuisine

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
how much school lunch debt are the children of france allowed to accrue before the school calls the cops

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

PoundSand posted:

RE: Italy

Do you know how large grapes are by chance? lmfao

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

HallelujahLee posted:

what if we fed the kids sawdust we can save more than ever and make good ole profits

sorry but sawdust is more profitable as a OSB sheathing

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
why lunchables? if you give the kids gum they'll satisfy their biological need to chew without becoming obese

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Justin Tyme posted:

its even more frustrating when you realize a lot of classic/beloved recipes are intended to serve large amounts of people

kids could eat like loving kings on the cheap if they were fed Indian cuisine

India: