Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

new episode is just the lisa discovers the truth about jebediah springfield story but this time it's about milhouse's ancestor killing a bunch of people in a gazebo or something and the political commentary is turned up to a 11

e: they make a joke about the worst moments in springfield's history including the monorail disaster and lady gaga coming to town
ee: btw there was a reference to the metaverse and there was also a commercial for it so i'm guessing that wasn't a coincidence

Mantis42 fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Mar 13, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

mexican willie posted:

Mr Burns did drill a hole in his brain.

pretty sure that was AFTER he got shot :colbert:

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
That reminds me of how, supposedly (I may be wholly wrong), the great irony of Who Shot Mr Burns was that there was even a contest for it and they got NO winning entries correctly guessing the shooter was Maggie Simpson. The winner ended up being someone who got randomly entered in the contest while making a wholly unrelated phone call, and the Simpsons writers swear they saw a post on the ancient Usenet Simpsons threads that DID correctly guess Maggie, but they were not able to find it again.

Really shows just how FAST the internet advances.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Remember the good times?

https://twitter.com/Criminalsimpson/status/1634988248350224385

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

PhazonLink posted:

kinda impressive the vegas place was able to name chracters correctly given how this is the ancient information dark age of the 90s.

there were books you could buy that chronicled all the episodes to date and stuff like that

pogs are the only reason i ever knew how to spell apu's full name

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

PhazonLink posted:

kinda impressive the vegas place was able to name chracters correctly given how this is the ancient information dark age of the 90s.

Good point, really surprised they knew Ms Krabapples first name or even bothered to include Apu's last name

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Isn't that a screenshot from the Springfield's Most Wanted special? Then obviously someone from the show or Fox provided all the names so they could get the show, I doubt anyone actually seriously took bets on the outcome

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

PhazonLink posted:

A lot of characters' full names or at least initials actually were revealed for the firs ttime in Who Shot Mr Burns Pt 1.

And I imagine they wanted to make sure they got all the facts right, because otherwise the kinda people that would put money on it even as a joke would be turned off.

Junk posted:

there were books you could buy that chronicled all the episodes to date and stuff like that

pogs are the only reason i ever knew how to spell apu's full name

Also yeah, this is peak Simpsons, and while it's not the internet age this is still extremely well documented and publicised, and there'd be official marketing material especially for a high-profile cliffhanger of a reason finale. If anything there might be less misinformation spreading as it does in the internet age.

Though also comes to mind that they specifically had a full on alternate ending and several characters shooting Mr Burns animated just to throw off leakers.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I'm sick and I watched some terrible episodes.
One of the s13 episodes just ends with a glowing green monkey in a car with Flanders.

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

bone emulator posted:

I'm sick and I watched some terrible episodes.
One of the s13 episodes just ends with a glowing green monkey in a car with Flanders.

that's season 12!

Greg12
Apr 22, 2020

Data Graham posted:

Just on a random wikipedia drunken-sailor wander I found myself looking at this image

and just all the other dreck they'd wheel out for substitute teacher day

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Fun thing, Chitty-Chitty-Bang-Bang was written by Ian Fleming. And I know it feels so much like it should have been Roald Dahl, who wrote You Only Live Twice.

I think it's meant to be somewhere between that and one of those attempts at 'family' blockbusters you see from wrestlers and rappers in the 90s and 00s which inevitably turn out cringeworthy and forgettable at best.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Oh wow, in a today-I-learned moment I have only just now come to realize that The Absent-Minded Professor and The Nutty Professor are different things

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Dick Van Dyke is extremely good shape mentally and physically for a 97 year old, red eye and all. He also thinks Trump is a fascist cocksucker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExDiUrNygDU

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
He looks healthier and more sprightly at 94 than the average goon does at 35.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

didnt the old Flubber movie have a toy slime tie-in that had to be recalled due to it being made of legit bad chemicals. and they ET'ed / aka just buried it somewhere. (because burning it released more chemicals, they couldnt sink it at sea because it floated, and acid/base dissolving it also released worse chemicals)

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Plant MONSTER. posted:

He looks healthier and more sprightly at 94 than the average goon does at 35.

poo poo yeah, seems sharp as a tack. He's just jamming full speed ahead

Greg12
Apr 22, 2020

PhazonLink posted:

didnt the old Flubber movie have a toy slime tie-in that had to be recalled due to it being made of legit bad chemicals. and they ET'ed / aka just buried it somewhere. (because burning it released more chemicals, they couldnt sink it at sea because it floated, and acid/base dissolving it also released worse chemicals)

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

PhazonLink posted:

I remember that movie, it had Robin Williams and a robot who punctuated her statements with clips from old Disney shorts

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Fun thing, Chitty-Chitty-Bang-Bang was written by Ian Fleming. And I know it feels so much like it should have been Roald Dahl, who wrote You Only Live Twice.

I think it's meant to be somewhere between that and one of those attempts at 'family' blockbusters you see from wrestlers and rappers in the 90s and 00s which inevitably turn out cringeworthy and forgettable at best.

While Fleming wrote the book, Dahl (and Kevin Hughes) wrote the movie adaption - so they were both involved. :)

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Computer viking posted:

While Fleming wrote the book, Dahl (and Kevin Hughes) wrote the movie adaption - so they were both involved. :)

Oh hey, explains a lot.

Either way, if they ever do a Roald Dahl cinematic universe they should have Bond show up.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
https://twitter.com/alyankovic/status/1635285530819829763?s=20

-what the gently caress is wrong with your face
-Bart saying "so weird!"
-the dancing animation
-good lord

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009
I’m sure it’s somewhere in the 550+ pages of this thread, but in case it isn’t …

I’ve been rewatching the golden era and have stumbled into season 9. Has it been remarked that the last episode with Lionel Hutz is the first episode with Gil? That seems like a symbolic if imperfect crossover from good to bad Simpsons.

I also wonder how many more better moments/episodes there might have been had we not lost Phil Hartman. :( He couldn’t have carried the show but his talent definitely could have helped.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

If I had a single use time machine I'd go back to 1995, warn the writing staff that the show was never going to end so they may as well stick around and keep at it and tell Phil Hartman to get a restraining order on his wife

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Greg12 posted:

and just all the other dreck they'd wheel out for substitute teacher day

Similar in tone:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

No Dignity posted:

tell Phil Hartman to get a restraining order on Andy Dick

f.r. gently caress that guy

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I'm generally not invested in celebrities, but I look forward to the day Andy Dick dies. And Roman Polanski.
I'll bake muffins.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Cessna posted:

Similar in tone:

perfect simpsons trivia night team name

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

It would be weird to imagine Hartman as Zapp Branigan as he was supposed to have that role. West is just iconic as Zapp but would be really interesting to hear what he "should" have sounded like.

Also West is the nicest guy if you ever get a chance to meet him. Did Doug for me and we spoke for like half hour. True gentleman.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Das Boo posted:

I'm generally not invested in celebrities, but I look forward to the day Andy Dick dies. And Roman Polanski.
I'll bake muffins.

Jon Lovitz did nothing wrong, except not waiting for the doorman to be further away

quote:

Lovitz met up with Dick in the packed lobby after the show. Lovitz wanted an apology from Dick for his "Hartman's hex" comment. But, apparently, Dick hadn't really buried the hatchet over their initial argument during their stint on "Newsradio."

"I just wanted him to say, 'Oh, I'm sorry,'" said Lovitz. "Then he leans into me, 'Well you know why I said that? Because you said I killed Phil Hartman that's the first thing you said to me when you got on the show.' I just lost it so I grabbed him by the shirt and I pushed him against the wall. And he's just smiling at me, and then I realized 'oooh, here's my chance.' So I grabbed him by his shirt and pushed him really hard and I smashed his back and his head into the bar. And I did it again. I would have kept going, but the doorman broke it up."

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Toxic Mental posted:

Dick Van Dyke is extremely good shape mentally and physically for a 97 year old, red eye and all. He also thinks Trump is a fascist cocksucker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExDiUrNygDU

Whoa, great for him, I honestly always assumed he died awhile ago, but happy to see him so lively.

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
Oh god, now that there's gonna be a barbie movie are they going to do a Malibu Stacy parody episode?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Outpost22 posted:

Oh god, now that there's gonna be a barbie movie are they going to do a Malibu Stacy parody episode?

5 years from now in a Treehouse of Horror

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Riptor posted:

https://twitter.com/alyankovic/status/1635285530819829763?s=20

-what the gently caress is wrong with your face
-Bart saying "so weird!"
-the dancing animation
-good lord

It's not impenetrably avant garde, so out of the 10 or so couch gags I've seen over the past 15 years it's probably the best one.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
He's been on there at least 3 times counting that couch gag. And I'm not going to look up how much more off model and worse he looks here. He might even be spread out enough to be in a good season (or soon after them), in the retcon the Homer dating Marge decade yet again episode, and now. Which means he might be a cameo in each era of the simpsons. This is a scientific fact that I'll be keeping an eye on to visually measure the continuing decline.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I still can't get over this, thanks to Talking Simpsons. Manjula wants a baby because baby Maggie is so adorable. Then she and Apu go through some stuff and eventually have the octuplets. But Maggie is still a baby!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
She should be toddling in that episode

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Has anyone told those podcasters that the Simpsons don't age usually

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Just posting these two original Steamed Hams memes from the same YouTuber, because Steamed Hams is the gift that keeps on giving and these two examples are fuckin’ masterpieces.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsof0cwFPY0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVmw3ZhdzEs

I commend this person for committing their knowledge of art and film history to elevate shitposting about The Simpsons to god-tier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
The inclusion of the firetruck in the second one made me unreasonably happy.