Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

China Daily

Record-breaking US military budget by Li Min

Le Monde

by Herrmann from Switzerland
Supreme Court

Charlie Hebdo

War in Ukraine, Covid-19, Pedophilia... Ten years of failure for Pope Francis
"I don't understand... I'm doing everything I can."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Al Goodwyn

Andy Marlette

Bob Gorrell

Gary Varvel

Michael Ramirez

Steve Breen

Tom Stiglich

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

I know "That's an old reference" is itself now an old joke, but I swear that might be like... pre-9/11?

Skios posted:

Al Goodwyn

"Teachers have to do 120% of the work". A good comic.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

"Uncontroversial?"

Looks like a sinister conspiracy to me.

BonHair posted:

Quite the opposite, it was in fact an anti-sinister conspiracy

Goddamn

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

School choice wants to kill teachers unions. AGC

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

a good cartoon, idiot

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Someone find the picture that gorrel stole for his cartoon.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Korthal posted:

Someone find the picture that gorrel stole for his cartoon.

It's literally the first Google result for piggy bank! He added the cracks himself though, that's quite involved for him.

https://www.fruugo.fi/1pc-cute-piggy-bank-plastic-pig-money-bank-adults-piggy-bank-pig-money-box-coin-bank-plastic/p-65237974-131661522

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

People are dunking on this for being AGC, but I'll just put this out there: Stiglich is a loving psychopath.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Rowe:

Knight:

Wilcox:

That headline is from Cathy Wilcox's papers (Nine/Fairfax i.e. Sydney Morning Herald/The Age/etc.) who have been running a series of pieces on how we will be at war with China within three years.

Spooner:

‘Ongoing process’: Enid Blyton’s Famous Five books edited to remove ‘offensive’ words (news.com.au).. The headline for this article in Google's search is "Publisher says 'woke' edits will continue".

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

HootTheOwl posted:

School choice wants to kill teachers unions. AGC
A genuinely good cartoon (insofar as it's really hard to interpret in the intended way unless your brain is full of worms).

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Korthal posted:

This gave me a real scare, I thought Attenborough had done something horrible but no it's the people running the programming at BBC that did. Thank god. :unsmith:

Yeah, that was not a pleasant minute or so for me either.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Trapezium Dave posted:

Spooner:

‘Ongoing process’: Enid Blyton’s Famous Five books edited to remove ‘offensive’ words (news.com.au).. The headline for this article in Google's search is "Publisher says 'woke' edits will continue".

they already edited the Noddy books to remove the Gollywogs in the 1980s, you prat

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/Rob_Rogers/status/1634545850146848768

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

Kellies Nomination: Most Easily Reinterpreted

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Didn't realise it was still Febuary 2021.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Jeff Danziger

Matt Davies

Mike Peters

Randall Enos - Those Left Behind

Dave Whamond

Adam Zyglis

Dave Granlund

David Horsey

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Not only is it still Febuary 2021. This was entirely dastardly Trump!

"The House voted Tuesday to pass the biggest rollback of financial regulations since the global financial crisis. The margin was 258-159, with 33 Democrats supporting the legislation."

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/senate-vote-to-weaken-dodd-frank-risks-another-financial-crisis-2018-03-14

"This effectively is what the Senate risked late Wednesday in approving, by a vote of 67 to 31, a revision of the Dodd-Frank financial reform law that weakens federal oversight of banks with up to $250 billion in assets."

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/22/house-passes-bank-bill-rolling-back-dodd-frank-rules.html

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Angepain posted:

they already edited the Noddy books to remove the Gollywogs in the 1980s, you prat

one such story involved them mugging Noddy, stealing his car and the clothes he was *wearing.*

For the kids!

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Angepain posted:

Oh they know, this is deliberate. Don't discuss Enid Blyton in front of an Aussie boomer unless you are prepared to hear grievances.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Oh, how I miss the days of the Big Tent GOP and their paragons of empathy and tolerance, such figures as

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

After The War posted:

Oh, how I miss the days of the Big Tent GOP and their paragons of empathy and tolerance, such figures as

dubya

he was a compassionate conservative

miss him yet?

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
Dubya kinda actually was the definitive Big Tent Republican in that he was the Chosen One that would appeal to both Big Business Assholes and Evangelical Assholes to bring balance to the GOP... or something.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: Kojak, Jr.

Wait, so in this scenario a cop is able to remotely apprehend a suspect in a way that ensures no civilian is harmed or put in danger, and this is a bad thing? No one gets hurt, even the suspect, and the officer in charge behaved competently and consistently deescalated the situation when others tried to push it to a point that may cause unnecessary violence.

I know I'm late to the "the intended message here is confusing as hell" party, but, yeah, the intended message here is confusing as Hell. It would be bad if cops behaved rationally and prioritized using technology to prevent human injury because that's lazy?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

If I really try I can see that Rall might be trying to say that modern technology allows the police to make the world a panopticon where they can track down anyone, anywhere easily. But A, this is a take that goes back at least twenty years, and B, it really shows that this is the perspective of someone whose biggest worry about the police is that they might arrest him.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Not an exageration by the way
WSJ Wonders: Did Silicon Valley Bank Die Because One Black Person Was on Its Board?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The Democrats had two whole years to fix this poo poo, and in fact they actively made things worse by breaking a rail strike.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

HootTheOwl posted:

School choice wants to kill teachers unions.
...but it ultimately won't, instead merely hurting people of colour. It will die cold, alone, and unloved.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Bob Gorrell

Gary Varvel

John Deering

Tom Stiglich

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Isn't child labor a good thing according to Branco?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Skios posted:

Bob Gorrell

it isn't actually, but what if I just insisted that it was, that would show you libs wouldn't it

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
It's disgusting, it shows two boys kissing and then wondering what that means, sick!

Now let me tell you about how the wokes want to take all the race war out of my favorite children's book!

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Children should not be exposed to any description or depiction of sexual acts until they get married because that's when everything they need to know is immediately downloaded into their brain, right?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Teenagers will never have sex if you don't tell them what it is, we solved teen pregnancy

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Angepain posted:

it isn't actually, but what if I just insisted that it was, that would show you libs wouldn't it

I mean, you tell me. This is taken from the norwegian book How To Make A Baby that I read to kindergartners:

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Velkommen inn

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the spring budget – The chancellor will deliver his spring budget speech on Wednesday"; From September: King Charles will not pay tax on inheritance from the Queen

Telegraph:

Times:

UK Launches 2023 Integrated Review Refresh

Evening Standard:

Nuclear submarine pact will allow US, UK, Australia to deploy force ‘anywhere in the world’; After The Beatles.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Alhazred posted:

I mean, you tell me. This is taken from the norwegian book How To Make A Baby that I read to kindergartners:

The man pees into the woman and a baby comes out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

China Daily

The Earth is crying by Li Min

I think this is targeted against the Japanese going by the flags on their arms, but I'm not sure why.

Le Monde

by Chappatte from Switzerland
2952 for, 0 against, 0 abstaining, 0 Covi... um, no, nevermind.

Charlie Hebdo

Garbage cans on the sidewalk: Parisians are overcome
"You can't get around anymore."

The strikes include waste disposal strikes so there's a lot trash in the streets in the larger cities. There are fears this will lead to an uptick in rats and rat-borne disease but that just seems like sensationalism to make the garbage collectors look bad.

"I'm in a protected area."
"Lucky bastard!"