Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Relevant Tangent posted:

BEWARE THE IDES OF MARCH
also the original oracles were cooler

Virtual Haruspex: you got the guts for our AI market prediction model?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

FlapYoJacks posted:

Indeed. That's why I specifically mentioned the square breakfast pizza in the post. :v:

i am half braindead i guess lol

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

picked this up at wallyworld

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

skooma512 posted:

Markets are all up slightly.

Where the gently caress is the blood?

joe biden saved the stock market

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
4 cups of fruit

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Oglethorpe posted:

nice $23 snack

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
I guess it doesn't matter if it's Lunchables since it's not free

In retrospect, if food in high school was free, I think I would have done a lot better academically. Math class was always in the afternoon for me, after a lunch that I almost always never ate, because I didn't have money or easily bringable food from home. I probably still would have struggled with algebra because I'm dumb, but not eating all day certainly didn't help that.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Oglethorpe posted:

Those apples disintegrate into a weak, flavorless paste when placed on or near the tongue.

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011

can someone good at photoshop please replace every single item on that tray with a comically large bunch of grapes to put a nice bow on the last hour?

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Mr. Pool posted:

LIQUIDITY CHECK

BANKERS NEED BAILOUT

Mr. Pool posted:

LIQUIDITY CHECK

BANKERS NEED BAILOUT

Mr. Pool posted:

LIQUIDITY CHECK

BANKERS NEED BAILOUT

Mr. Pool posted:

LIQUIDITY CHECK

BANKERS NEED BAILOUT

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
dont beat yourself up too hard, your school probably had a bad math program anyway

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010

Justin Tyme posted:

love how schools have these big commercial kitchens and ostensibly there are folks out there who are decent enough cooks to work them yet we do these bullshit deals to feed kids lunchables instead of making big pots of chili or stew or grilled cheeses or something for what I imagine is way, way cheaper

So the thing about those school lunches from the time before Sodexo and Sysco managed to bamboozle their way into the lunchroom is that the recipes sucked poo poo.

Check out the contents of Quality recipes for school lunch service, from 1988. The finest foods that can be formulated from surplus agricultural production.

There's a reason that the lunch lady in the Simpsons was a running gas.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

nikosoft posted:

I guess it doesn't matter if it's Lunchables since it's not free

In retrospect, if food in high school was free, I think I would have done a lot better academically. Math class was always in the afternoon for me, after a lunch that I almost always never ate, because I didn't have money or easily bringable food from home. I probably still would have struggled with algebra because I'm dumb, but not eating all day certainly didn't help that.

I had this issue. my parents never gave me money for lunch and even if they did, we basically just had turkey pizza hot pockets which gave me insane heartburn in HS. I'd bring sandwhichs if i remembered but waking up at 5am to get gone at 6am i was just not cognizant for poo poo so I was just always hungry and tired.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Number only. goes. up.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
in HS several programs undercut the school lunch program. lunch cost 5 dollars and wasnt particularly great, but you could get a bagel for 1 dollar and a soda for 50 cents, so kids would eat that and/or maybe like a bag of chips and save like 12 bucks in a week, which was pretty solid at the time

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lots of kids have type 2 diabetes now which makes good food in school
even more important but no. it’s not happening

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

S And p rises like a great pheonix from the blast. Up! Up!

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

If having multiple veterans on your board isn't a cause for concern then I don't know what is!!!

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

euphronius posted:

lots of kids have type 2 diabetes now which makes good food in school
even more important but no. it’s not happening

im shocked i do not have prediabetes given my diet as a kid. tremendously lucky.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

anime was right posted:

im shocked i do not have prediabetes given my diet as a kid. tremendously lucky.

All non-diabetics have prediabetes.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

FlapYoJacks posted:

I will admit to liking the square sausage breakfast pizza and the school burritos growing up in the 90's. :colbert:

S-Tier breakfast for growing tech goons who lived off daddy's farts.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Vox Nihili posted:

If having multiple veterans on your board isn't a cause for concern then I don't know what is!!!

Probably veterans from like the Korean war and they worked in a cafeteria in des moines

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

everyone is saying the lunch pictures are "professionally plated" but take another look at the strawberries in the SK picture and tell me that was done by anyone who's ever worked a single shift in food service.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
maybe bailing out the banks was a good idea if we're talking about school lunch

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

If the government can outsource things like school lunches, what else could they outsource? Replace cops and the military with PMCs?

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

S and p? S and p!

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Euphoriaphone posted:

everyone is saying the lunch pictures are "professionally plated" but take another look at the strawberries in the SK picture and tell me that was done by anyone who's ever worked a single shift in food service.

because they're on the spoon???

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

A teensy bit of blood to chum the waters.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I don’t have pre-diabetes but I do have predeath

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

super sweet best pal posted:

If the government can outsource things like school lunches, what else could they outsource? Replace cops and the military with PMCs?

Lmao

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

RealityWarCriminal posted:

maybe bailing out the banks was a good idea if we're talking about school lunch

markets closed for the day

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

ok updated it slightly

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Fitzy Fitz posted:

because they're on the spoon???

You would be cutting the strawberries if you served them at all, because they're gonna end up on the floor if you don't

Its the same reason the apples come in wedges

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Vox Nihili posted:

I know many, many people that did the minimum Reserve time required to legally be considered a veteran, and then used it to further their corporate or political ambitions.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Frosted Flake posted:

I know many, many people that did the minimum Reserve time required to legally be considered a veteran, and then used it to further their corporate or political ambitions.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Frosted Flake posted:

Constantly kicking myself for not serving tbh it does seem to open a hell of a lotta doors

I'd probably have doubled my earning potential even without using the GI bill

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

FlapYoJacks posted:

Sweeden:

South Korea:

France:

Italy:

Japan:

These aren't real lunches from those countries

Computer Serf
May 14, 2005
Buglord

FlapYoJacks posted:

Sweeden:

South Korea:

France:

Italy:

Japan:

wheres the chocolate pizza biscuit

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

https://www.nationalreview.com/2023/03/no-the-silicon-valley-bank-bailout-doesnt-justify-mass-student-debt-relief/

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
"money isnt real" i assure myself as i close my eyes and ram the SVB ATM with my lovely tesla