Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Too Fight. Too Forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
running down the ramp, shaking the ropes and howling at the top of my gd lungs: "release the game Tony!!!!!!!"

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
I WANT TO HOLD A+B FOR A SUPERKICK, OR A ROLLING ELBOW

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
AEW TNT w/BBT DLC

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I've been watching a lot of wrestling lately. And have ideas on booking. It sure would be fun to fire up a booking game and see how it goes.
fires up a booking game
No. Oh no!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Mrenda posted:

I've been watching a lot of wrestling lately. And have ideas on booking. It sure would be fun to fire up a booking game and see how it goes.
fires up a booking game
No. Oh no!

whats wrong

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

the booking was bad

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Too many menus

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

play journey of wrestling, it has the least amount of menus

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

AEW: Breath of the Wild

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Suplex Liberace posted:

play journey of wrestling, it has the least amount of menus

Plus you can book a home invasion angle, then immediately 5050 book another home invasion angle with the roles reversed, and the game will reward you with bonus points

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
The first reviews for 2K23 seem to be positive, as in the best WWE game in years (low bar but...)

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Interesting but to be fair the bar for a good WWE game at this point is "It doesn't brick your console within 10 minutes of loading it up" so we'll see how it goes in the long run I guess

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

game reviews are faker than wrestling

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

All I want from a wrestling game is for it to feel good when I do grapple moves

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Kennel posted:

The first reviews for 2K23 seem to be positive, as in the best WWE game in years (low bar but...)

I thought last years was fine. I know that universe was broken but I never cared for that mode anyways. I am going to keep an eye on fan feedback to this game because it’ll likely be on sale in a month or two and Delayed Forever isn’t out yet and has no release date.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

is this in any wrestling game. when everybody has wrestled a long time and gotten hurt you have to crawl around. You have to crawl to pins and so on. it takes a lot of effort to even get up and you can't crawl and get up at the same time. You have to hurt yourself in real life, in the hands, to get up and earn your star rating.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Cavauro posted:

is this in any wrestling game. when everybody has wrestled a long time and gotten hurt you have to crawl around. You have to crawl to pins and so on. it takes a lot of effort to even get up and you can't crawl and get up at the same time. You have to hurt yourself in real life, in the hands, to get up and earn your star rating.

sounds kinda like wrestling empire when your low on health

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
mdickie is the only wrestling game creator advanced enough to put that poo poo in. gut it out to finish the match with a torn quad and then literally die backstage like a true pro

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Cavauro posted:

This is just povery irl (in real life)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Some of the WWE games have had you be able to do the 'crawl and get one hand on the other wrestler for a pin' spot.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I will buy the new WWE game if there's a button to do NXT face when my opponent kicks out of a basic bodyslam

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i want an extremely in-depth stamina system. not a bar or some animations. the wrestlers' arms or legs, individually, might be too worn out to do this or that. you try to run off the ropes for an attack and it works out as stumbling into the ropes and off them and doing a half power attack instead. Your wrestler goes for a powerbomb but they are concussed and mess it up. the referee gets down and talks to the other wrestler who can't do anything due to becoming hurt by the botched move and they have to be pinned. The game resets

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Tato posted:

I will buy the new WWE game if there's a button to do NXT face when my opponent kicks out of a basic bodyslam

Every time Johnny Gargnao lands a move he stares at his hands for 30 seconds before you regain control

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Cavauro posted:

i want an extremely in-depth stamina system. not a bar or some animations. the wrestlers' arms or legs, individually, might be too worn out to do this or that. you try to run off the ropes for an attack and it works out as stumbling into the ropes and off them and doing a half power attack instead. Your wrestler goes for a powerbomb but they are concussed and mess it up. the referee gets down and talks to the other wrestler who can't do anything due to becoming hurt by the botched move and they have to be pinned. The game resets

This is pretty much a standard Wrestling Empire match except throw in the part where the ref decides to restart the match despite the fact both competitors are too injured to move

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

everything is a huge mess that can be interpreted however anyone wants in the Dickieverse. i guess that's good

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I want a game where if my opponent gets too hurt they might botch a move and then I get to slap them in the face and yell at them and then chase them around the ring in an attempt to shoot murder them and the only way to stop it is if another wrestler hides them under the ring and I get confused and move on.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Sandman McMahon posted:

I want a game where if my opponent gets too hurt they might botch a move and then I get to slap them in the face and yell at them and then chase them around the ring in an attempt to shoot murder them and the only way to stop it is if another wrestler hides them under the ring and I get confused and move on.

This exact mechanic is in Wrestling Empire for the computer and Nintendo Switch. And telephone

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

Some of the WWE games have had you be able to do the 'crawl and get one hand on the other wrestler for a pin' spot.

In 2k22 they also make you crawl for the hot tag. NL are doing a career mode run through right now and the most recent stream had Jawnny crawling around on the ground for about 20-30 seconds multiple times in the same match because he refused to tag out.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I want my wrestler to be able to slowly scoot on their back and bottom, to the ropes. then I want them to drape both legs over the middle rope and bounce them up and down. I want it to look natural and not "glitchy" or inadvertent. I want my wrestler's legs to bounce between the middle and top rope with excellent physics and I want it to cost a small amount of energy to do all this.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

I'd honestly be fine if they just went back to having the hot tag be a cutscene that triggers like the older 2K games cause tag matches are supremely unfun to play at this point.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Drakkel posted:

I'd honestly be fine if they just went back to having the hot tag be a cutscene that triggers like the older 2K games cause tag matches are supremely unfun to play at this point.

Standard tag matches were never fun.

Tornado Tag matches however, now those are fun

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

joylessdivision posted:

Standard tag matches were never fun.

Tornado Tag matches however, now those are fun

tornado tag ladder match circa wrestlemania 2000 *chef kiss*

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Kennel posted:

Did they get rid of the loving kickout minigame

EDIT: Internet says no, so gently caress WWE2K23.

El Generico fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Mar 14, 2023

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Shard posted:

tornado tag ladder match circa wrestlemania 2000 *chef kiss*

Tornado TLC in Shut Your Mouth (with the hilarious bounce animation when you fall off anything higher than a turnbuckle)

Good times.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
https://twitter.com/newLEGACYinc/status/1635433036224266241

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
theyre live. https://twitch.tv/newlegacyinc someone with the name wheeler uterus just subscribed

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

while they wait for the midnight unlock they're doing a 30-man CPU rumble of everyone in 2k22 that didn't make it to 2k23, lmao

Acolyte!
Aug 6, 2001

Go! Rocket Kiwi! Go!

oldskool posted:

while they wait for the midnight unlock they're doing a 30-man CPU rumble of everyone in 2k22 that didn't make it to 2k23, lmao

And it glitched, so #30 never came out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

oldskool posted:

And in typical 2K fashion, the game softlocks before #30 enters. Never change 2K :allears: