Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
This is a good solution, I say, as I spent 45,000 glimmer getting and deleting the Get 15 Grenade Kills Bounty until I get the easy one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

This is a good solution, I say, as I spent 45,000 glimmer getting and deleting the Get 15 Grenade Kills Bounty until I get the easy one

me but flipping through gambit repeatables until I get Mote Gamble instead of Super Gamble

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I wonder if this has been patched yet? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mX1KFkSmBU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Insanely disappointed that they scrapped the original model for The Explicator and just used a standard Colossus? It was especially jarring after all that setup for 'Psions worshipped Nez'? and the fact that a Smart Guy Job would never be given to a Colossus lol

I wonder what was causing issues with it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Insanely disappointed that they scrapped the original model for The Explicator and just used a standard Colossus? It was especially jarring after all that setup for 'Psions worshipped Nez'? and the fact that a Smart Guy Job would never be given to a Colossus lol

Unless that’s a Big Psion is problably came down to “drat this boss is tiny as hell”

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Unless that’s a Big Psion is problably came down to “drat this boss is tiny as hell”

It was the Buff Psion size from the Psi Ops Battlegrounds. Bigger than standard but much smaller than Kargen.

His immunity shield was literally the planets spinning around him which was going to be cool as hell and also make it much easier to see whether it's light or dark plate time :smith:

Truspeaker
Jan 28, 2009

As someone who spent a lot of time last season learning and practicing soloing duality, hell yeah this is rad af!

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

they should’ve delayed Lightfall.. I’m really digging it, it kicks rear end insanely, but an extra few months would’ve allowed them to shore a lot of stuff up

I think they’ve just got The Pokémon Problem atm where so much is reliant on a given release that the number-crunchers wouldn’t allow it, which is a bummer, but probably an easier resolution for a Western company (and a live game) than it will be for TPC

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

they should’ve delayed Lightfall.. I’m really digging it, it kicks rear end insanely, but an extra few months would’ve allowed them to shore a lot of stuff up

I think they’ve just got The Pokémon Problem atm where so much is reliant on a given release that the number-crunchers wouldn’t allow it, which is a bummer, but probably an easier resolution for a Western company (and a live game) than it will be for TPC

I mean LF is like the first expansion they don’t delay in forever so it’s not like they don’t if things on their end are really bad.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

I wanted to see the big planets Psion 😞

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

As with so many games, I'd love to hear a bit of a "behind the scenes" deal with what the original plan for WQ/LF/FS expansions were - Strand getting pushed to LF and the connections to Deepsight seem obvious, but I'd love to have the speculation confirmed, and to hear what sort of stuff was actually planned/not done for LF, what corners had to be cut, etc. etc.

Cause we can speculate and assume, but it's never really gonna be the same as hearing it from the (star)horse's mouth.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Wasn’t fat enough

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Lol great news for anyone looking for a demo + repulsor brace / tricorn void smg, so hot right now

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Lol great news for anyone looking for a demo + repulsor brace / tricorn void smg, so hot right now

Please don't shame my bulwark/controlled demolition build, sir.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Doesn’t drop from that one

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Oxyclean posted:

As with so many games, I'd love to hear a bit of a "behind the scenes" deal with what the original plan for WQ/LF/FS expansions were - Strand getting pushed to LF and the connections to Deepsight seem obvious, but I'd love to have the speculation confirmed, and to hear what sort of stuff was actually planned/not done for LF, what corners had to be cut, etc. etc.

Cause we can speculate and assume, but it's never really gonna be the same as hearing it from the (star)horse's mouth.

It’s possible—even likely—we eventually get a postmortem presentation at GDC, but not as long as there are still YouTube content creators to misinterpret devspeak and stir up death threats over things like the difference between a live game and a boxed product

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Would that work on Master? I could do with some artifice armour.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Doesn’t drop from that one

Hrm it does from the free chest after you can easily get solo so I REMAIN NEVER OWNED

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hrm it does from the free chest after you can easily get solo so I REMAIN NEVER OWNED

This is illegal

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

pyro guy, not collosus. He does have some neat stuff going on-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbdsuNxsPUg

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Wrong link? I just see a suckass dude who is lame?

(double checked, monitor is ON)

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I mean, is there anything confirming that was the Explicator's original model? We still have one more defiant battleground, one Neomuna Partition, and presumably an end of season mission to go yet where a Large Psion could show up.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I doubt they'd use such an unique model for any of those activities, and the orbs just scream "planets" but I also have no idea where the model came from, like if it was specifically ripped from the LF files or something.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

When are we getting the Big Screeb boss fight we deserve

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Final phase of the witness fight will be launching a Guardian-size Screeb out of a Cabal cannon a la the opening mission of WQ

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Seems like it'd be a pretty easy fight.

Then I realized: Sparrow run/escape.

510rems
Mar 26, 2010
finished my first legend lost sector at 1806, all the enemies were swords and it was basically fine? seems weird they put it at a level where it could possibly be skulls but w/e

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jeXB5zLo7Y

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Where’s he gonna put that?

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

Where’s he gonna put that?

Apparently it's a riot gun, so he's going to load some CS and do some union-busting.

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

Tried last week's nightfall and that was some of the worst poo poo I've ever played in my life

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

510rems posted:

finished my first legend lost sector at 1806, all the enemies were swords and it was basically fine? seems weird they put it at a level where it could possibly be skulls but w/e

Today's LLS is so much easier than the other two I thought it must have been a mistake. You can exhaust the adds! You can retreat! You can move between cover points without being obliterated! It's like it fell out of a time portal from January 2023!

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Whirling posted:

Tried last week's nightfall and that was some of the worst poo poo I've ever played in my life
Hero or Legend? I ran it a few times on Hero, and while I did die a lot there aren't many darkness zones so you can wipe at the boss and just keep going and get it eventually.

A bad team can make or break it as well, if nobody's clearing adds. I would say go for adds first, and then if you discover your team mates are also going for the adds, switch to fulfilling the objective. But yeah, if your team mates are bad at the game it's going to be rough.

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Hero or Legend? I ran it a few times on Hero, and while I did die a lot there aren't many darkness zones so you can wipe at the boss and just keep going and get it eventually.

A bad team can make or break it as well, if nobody's clearing adds. I would say go for adds first, and then if you discover your team mates are also going for the adds, switch to fulfilling the objective. But yeah, if your team mates are bad at the game it's going to be rough.

Hero, but I made the horrible mistake of trying to use this week's nightfall to grind out the stupid Beyond Light quest to get access to a second Stasis aspect, since I did not have it unlocked on my Warlock yet.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Oh ouch. Ironically it's a lot easier with the stasis turret, which you probably haven't got yet.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

haveblue posted:

Today's LLS is so much easier than the other two I thought it must have been a mistake. You can exhaust the adds! You can retreat! You can move between cover points without being obliterated! It's like it fell out of a time portal from January 2023!

What LS is it?

E) is Parasite worm launcher good for anything or basically just as novelty as it seems?

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

if you know what you’re doing and have time to prep Parasite is insane single-target damage but I don’t think it’s the meta anywhere at this time. great set of missions to unlock it though

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

What LS is it?

E) is Parasite worm launcher good for anything or basically just as novelty as it seems?

The final mission for it is super fun, and the weapon is cool & useful

It only has one current role as Meta Pick (Atraks-1 in Deep Stone Crypt raid) but it's a powerful weapon and a great pick for activities with flexible loadouts.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Also good for vaporizing the boss of the Strand practice mission

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

haveblue posted:

Also good for vaporizing the boss of the Strand practice mission

poo poo, I wish I'd thought of that! I was using Gjally like an ANIMAL.