Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
That tray will run you at least 93 us dollars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Crazypoops posted:

America is full of demons and unrepentant sinners like a loving bosch painting and if you don't live here you don't believe me but it's true

the bosch tryptic with all the tiny little demons and pale people all loving and killing each other is so fuckin perf

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Mirthless posted:

That tray will run you at least 930 us dollars

fixed for next weeks prices.

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites

See this is ridiculous. I doubt an entire vineyard even can produce so many grapes in a season. I'd have to strap a chest freezer to my back to carry these to work.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

drat they wrote the BTFP terms to not allow free money glitch:

quote:

Eligible Collateral: Eligible collateral includes any collateral eligible for purchase by the Federal Reserve Banks in open market operations (see 12 CFR 201.108(b)), provided that such collateral was owned by the borrower as of March 12, 2023.

Matt Levine notes in today's newsletter that:

quote:

This means that BTFP is not a perpetual program to let banks ignore mark-to-market accounting forever: It is a way for banks to roll off their existing portfolios of Treasuries that have lost value in the current rate-hiking cycle, to transition to a steady state where (you hope!) banks are less at risk from interest-rate increases.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Jizzny Princess posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl4wkIPiTcY

Now that the band is back together maybe they can play wallstreet again with some updated infographics.
Given how wallstreet operates it'll probably boost their morale and the market will rally with how much worse wealth disparity in this country has gotten since 1999.

lol at the part with the trump for president sign

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

coelomate posted:

drat they wrote the BTFP terms to not allow free money glitch:

Matt Levine notes in today's newsletter that:

Until the next emergency bailout, that is.

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

Thoguh posted:

Until the next emergency bailout, that is.

the next bailout that’s not a bailout

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Bello :allears:

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

cosmic crisps are the best apple

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Vox Nihili posted:

I doubt theyre going to hire anyone until they feel secure that a massive bank run isn't ongoing

i'm sure that's probably true, but i can't even get a reply. just completely dropped comms and this is after at least one interview has already happened

it's not necessarily like they'd admit to it but it seems bad

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

FizFashizzle posted:

Lmao Indian food is just like ghee and vegetable oil

If you think kids are fat now, imagine them after putting down a full thali every day.

the ghee and oil in that recipe is 450cals per person lol.

the mutton is another 600 and rice 220.

so nearly 1300 cals right out the gate, more than two Big Macs.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

I think you mean pies.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

i don't think those fancy school lunches even come with minecraft dlc codes

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
You would think the amount the FDIC insurance covers would be tied to inflation but nah.

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

lmao what

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

coelomate posted:

hey this time the u.s. actually does own (all of the assets of) the failed and kinda-bailed out banks. Look at us!

in like 2009 the Fed owned like 40% of homes in the US or something insane like that. we had a clear path to communism

in 2022 they owned 24% of all mortgages

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Shifty Pony posted:

the ghee and oil in that recipe is 450cals per person lol.

the mutton is another 600 and rice 220.

so nearly 1300 cals right out the gate, more than two Big Macs.

Goddamn I could go for some of that right now

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

We keep hitting doom scenarios but then the Fed does something like print 10 trillion more dollars. Can't do anything about that.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Jon Pod Van Damm posted:

how many banks have collapsed so far? is it "just" silicon valley bank and signature bank?

3 so far with another 3 showing critical weakness today.

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.

they just reported earnings, guess it was disappointing

E: err. Q4 financial report, not earnings, whatev. Losses up, revenues not up enough, yada yada.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Mirthless posted:

You would be cutting the strawberries if you served them at all, because they're gonna end up on the floor if you don't

Its the same reason the apples come in wedges

I eat the green part of the strawberry

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

They're ok. Honey crisp is brighter.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

GitFiscal

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

the thing with grapes is you're mostly paying for the stems

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
e: beaten

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

SKULL.GIF posted:

3 so far with another 3 showing critical weakness today.

They gotta start a fight with another bank so they can show everyone else they're not a bitch.

It doesn't even matter if they win, but they gotta fight.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Another nothing happening day. The financial crisis is over. One bank failed and nothing bad happened. Insurance is good. Get over it

Dr. Furious
Jan 11, 2001
KELVIN
My bot don't know nuthin' 'bout no KELVIN

Jizzny Princess posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl4wkIPiTcY

Now that the band is back together maybe they can play wallstreet again with some updated infographics.
Given how wallstreet operates it'll probably boost their morale and the market will rally with how much worse wealth disparity in this country has gotten since 1999.

Wonder how much Tom Morello made off his NFT collection.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Is GitLabs not the GitHub people? I thought they were owned by Mircrosft? Unless it’s that thing that they tried to get my school to use which sounded like GitHub, but worse and you had to pay for it.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

GitHub has everything subsidized by Microsoft and GitLab serves no purpose.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

cosmic crisp etc. are controlled by the Monsanto of apples
WSU Sues Yakima Grower Over Alleged Apple Patent Infringement - Northwest Public Broadcasting

www.nwpb.org posted:

Washington State University has filed a lawsuit in federal court against a Yakima grower for allegedly infringing on its patent of an apple.

The apple in question is WA 2, known to consumers as Sunrise Magic. WSU claims that Yakima apple grower Pro Orchard Management and affiliated packer Apple King infringed on the patent by growing and selling Sunrise Magic without a license. The university also claims both companies provided budwood to unlicensed persons who asexually reproduced Sunrise Magic apple trees.

WSU began its apple-breeding program in 1994 to grow apples unique to Washington. In 2011, Sunrise Magic was the first apple made available to Washington growers through license agreements.

Representatives for both WSU and the apple growers declined requests for comment.

This isn’t the first time WSU has sued to protect its apple patents. In 2018, the university sued biotech company Phytelligence for allegedly infringing on its patent of WA 38, better known as Cosmic Crisp, which was unveiled to consumers last December.

Phytelligence had previously sued WSU for allegedly blocking it from licensing the new variety. The company is appealing that case in federal court.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

PoundSand posted:

Anyone getting into short term CD's with these record high rates?

putting into BOFA atm

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://www.ycombinator.com/blog/changes-at-yc/

YC cutting late stage investing

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

SKULL.GIF posted:

We keep hitting doom scenarios but then the Fed does something like print 10 trillion more dollars. Can't do anything about that.

fed is basically when I cheat at civilization

I say I’m just going to use the instant-complete cheat for a few cities and then slowly build up, but if poo poo goes down, I’m spamming on $100,000 gold and Insta-buying armies of helicopters

this is why all these dumb arguments about what the government should have done or how we could judiciously use the system provided are in fact very dumb; the point for the rich isn’t to use the fake system they made up by cheating in the first place, the point is to have the most and win

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Crazypoops posted:

Americans will never believe how bad they have it

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
if he were alive today, Johnny Appleseed would be beaten and killed

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

RealityWarCriminal posted:

if he were alive today, Johnny Appleseed would be beaten and killed

If he were alive today he'd probably be in crypto

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Since its a state school those are MY apple patents and I support ruthlessly enforcing my IP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

TheMightyBoops posted:

Is GitLabs not the GitHub people? I thought they were owned by Mircrosft? Unless it’s that thing that they tried to get my school to use which sounded like GitHub, but worse and you had to pay for it.

GitLab is a different company than GitHub, yes